Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-05-2016, 05:05 PM   #29

Thor Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
GA - glad that helped. keep us posted

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-05-2016, 09:46 PM   #30

Thor Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
My local Auto Zone rents them (they return your money when tool is returned). I bought my 3/4" 750 lbs T-W from snap-on dealer years ago. Gotta lot of tools... drives wife nuts

NMRVer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2016, 10:51 PM   #31

Tiffin Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by FIRE UP View Post
Hikerdogs,
As stated in my previous post, it's PROTO brand torque wrench. No Sir, I've not weighed it. And, I don't carry it in the coach. As stated, it sits under my garage cabinets when not in use. The primary reason I purchased it is because, I do all my own work, including brake inspections, wheel/hub seals, S-cam lubing and anything else that involves removing the wheels and tires. But, all this is done at home. I don't carry a spare so, I really don't plan on changing any of the coach tires and wheels while out on the road.

I do carry the Torque multiplier you see in the picture below. With that tool, which, is in case about the size of finish nail gun kit, I can very, very easily remove those 450 ft. lb. lug nuts, with one arm. About the only time I would use that on the road is, if we did have a blow out and, needed road service, I'd maybe, MAYBE break out that torque multiplier and loosen all the lug nuts way in advance of the ERS tech arriving. I figure maybe it might take a bit off the total time we're sitting on the side of the road if I help even a little bit.
Scott

Can you post up a link were you got this?
Old 02-06-2016, 10:31 PM   #32

I bought the same 100 t0 600 ft/lb torque wrench here in Canada for about the same price,$200. Works great. I bought the multiplier as well to remove lugs, I was concerned it could over tighten when installing lug nuts. I use the multiplier 1" sockets but needed to buy a 3/4" to 1" adapter to use them with the 3/4" drive torque wrench and bought a 4 or 5 " long 3/4" extension to reach the rear wheel lug nuts with torque wrench. The long handle of the torque wrench makes it easy to tighten nuts to 450 ft/lbs required on my coach. I see the multiplier on Ebay for about $60 : http://www.ebay.com/itm/Labor-Saving...3D141876618545
GREGORYJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2016, 08:49 AM   #33

WOW--two more single purpose tools at $200 dollars each to add to my tool crib--I am already dusting off a spot for them--smile.
Old Scout is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2016, 09:37 AM   #34

I picked up a rim to mount my spare (on $50 steel rim). Figured why carry a spare unmounted when a mounted spare takes up same room in cargo bay.
Anyways I purchased a 33 mm socket and could not move lug nuts with a six foot bar on my 3/4 breaker bar. I figure at least 1200 ft # and no movement.
Drove to tire shop that put lug nuts on and asked if they had a torque wrench and they did but never use it. They said they do trucks turned up to 4 on scale of 4 with 1 inch air all the time (they want them tight I was told) Had them loosen and torque all lug nuts to 450# (no charge)
I have air at home but now my electric torque wrench takes them off and on with no problem. I marked the lug nut location and put it back on the mark and it is max on the electric wrench. Now I can change myself and check torque when a torque wrench is available. Just threw electric wrench and extension cord in tool box.
I am betting the electric impact is at about 450# max and will be steady at that being electric.
Hopefully I never have to change a tire for a flat, but now I can, as well as maintenance at home as needed.
Old 02-07-2016, 11:39 AM   #35

Thor Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by will stevens View Post
I picked up a rim to mount my spare (on $50 steel rim). Figured why carry a spare unmounted when a mounted spare takes up same room in cargo bay.
Anyways I purchased a 33 mm socket and could not move lug nuts with a six foot bar on my 3/4 breaker bar. I figure at least 1200 ft # and no movement.
Drove to tire shop that put lug nuts on and asked if they had a torque wrench and they did but never use it. They said they do trucks turned up to 4 on scale of 4 with 1 inch air all the time (they want them tight I was told) Had them loosen and torque all lug nuts to 450# (no charge)
I have air at home but now my electric torque wrench takes them off and on with no problem. I marked the lug nut location and put it back on the mark and it is max on the electric wrench. Now I can change myself and check torque when a torque wrench is available. Just threw electric wrench and extension cord in tool box.
I am betting the electric impact is at about 450# max and will be steady at that being electric.
Hopefully I never have to change a tire for a flat, but now I can, as well as maintenance at home as needed.
Will - just verifying: 22.5" wheels on a Ford which is why you got the 33mm socket? I called Ford and they said 32mm was their measurement, so just making sure I get the right fit. Thanks.
Old 02-07-2016, 03:36 PM   #36

JD11
My rig is a 2006 Fleetwood Revolution LE on a Spartan chassis
33 mm lug nut size.