Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-20-2011, 01:58 PM   #1

Torx Fasteners American Coach

Question......

We have a 2010 American Allegiance that utilizes allot of Torx fasteners. I need to remove an access panel every now and then to get to things...but it seems like the Torx Screws they use are a size between 15 & 20.......meaning 15 is too small and 20 to large.

I don't believe they make a 17.5 Torx.....

Anyone have any experience with these fasteners - maybe know EXACTLY what size these are?
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-20-2011, 02:11 PM   #2

Try a metric 3.27mm it that is a bit bigger than the t15. There are no other variants but that should work.
Old 03-20-2011, 02:26 PM   #3
Moderator Emeritus

It is not a Torq screw - it is a double-square (Roberts) screw. A standard #2 Roberts (square) drive bit will fit them.

The double square is simply two single squares superimposed, with the second offset 45 degrees from the first. That makes it quicker for the assembler to line up the bit with the screw head.
Gary RVRoamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2011, 03:59 PM   #4

I have always known the Square hole screw as a Robertson screw. What is a Roberts screw? Do you know where I can get a picture of one?

Also, there is only one size grouping for Torxs of T1 thru T100. The same series of Torx drivers is used to drive SAE, metric and other thread system fasteners. A T15 is a 3.27 mm head Torx
Mike Canter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2011, 04:10 PM   #5

Thats the ticket !!!! SQUARE ....

Thanks all !!!
Old 03-20-2011, 04:40 PM   #6

They sell the square screwdrivers at Home Depot. They have two sizes. My MH uses the smaller of the two.
Mike Canter is offline   Reply With Quote