Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-23-2014, 05:26 PM   #1

Newmar Owners Club
Tough choice??

we are thinking of buying a new Tuscany 34ft RV or a Newmar Ventana 34ft coach. Prices are similar but wondering if you guys had an opinion or preference with either manufacture. Any thoughts and suggestions?
paul dali is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-23-2014, 05:44 PM   #2

Monaco Owners Club
choice

Hi My wife and I were in same situation- between 44 tuscany and 44 dutchstar. Read so many different views on quality etc. Wife like interior paint quality more in Newemar and we both did not like the way the storage compartment under the bench seats functioned. You has to actually get down under the table to open /close the compartment because of the way it was constructed.We bought the newmar. Never really got to the price issue since the rv functionality was our main decision. Good luck !
Old 07-23-2014, 06:20 PM   #3
Community Moderator

tough choice??

Quote:
Originally Posted by paul dali View Post
we are thinking of buying a new Tuscany 34ft RV or a Newmar Ventana 34ft coach. Prices are similar but wondering if you guys had an opinion or preference with either manufacture. Any thoughts and suggestions?

Newmar is the better quality.....they also hold their value.
Only Newmar has "Comfort Drive", this alone is enough to tip the balance in Newmar's favor.

See how they are built

http://www.newmarcorp.com/why-newmar/newmar-difference

http://www.newmarcorp.com/why-newmar...y-construction
pasdad1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2014, 06:29 PM   #4

Damon Owners Club
I think it is about the interior layout and functionality for you
based on what you will be doing. Everybody uses a high quality
chassis, and the same interior components. Either coach is going
to have problems/issues that will have to be worked out initially.
Mac99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2014, 08:17 PM   #5

it would not be a tough choice for me. I'm somewhat amazed the prices are "similar", as Newmar is by far a better built coach, IMO. As others said, the Comfort Drive feature alone is enough to make this a no brainer.
edgray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2014, 08:38 PM   #6

No question....Newmar.
Old 07-23-2014, 09:20 PM   #7

Prices are similar - either the tuscany is way over-priced or the Newmar is steal. Anyway you look at it take the Newmar, the quality all around is much better.
StevenNSteph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2014, 05:38 AM   #8

I'll agree with most of the posters here...I wouldn't put the Tuscany in a comparison test with a Newmar. Newmar will win hands down.
Ramets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2014, 05:53 AM   #9

Newmar Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Newmar for sure.
Steve N Sal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2014, 09:08 AM   #10

Paul, I own a Ventana 3434 and the first decision we had to make was to accept the space limitations of a short wheel base coach and since you have not given any specifics on your research, I can say that you will need to drive each one under as many conditions as possible. Yes, the comfort drive is as advertised and will be a feature that you will enjoy for a long time..

Others had stated the quality of the Newmar so i'll speak to drive ability. We tested other RV' s in this size and found that the Ventana drove better, tracked straight, and after adjusting the tire pressure, we are not pushed around by the semi trucks. You will also need to adjust the CD setting in order find your own sweet spot.

As with ALL new motor homes, you will have some quality issues but need to know which manufacturer will stand behind their product and resolve the problems.

Keep reading on both and be satisfied with your decision.. Good luck.

Yes I would buy the same unit again!
lass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2014, 08:41 AM   #11

Been doing a lot of research and would vote for Newmar as well. Comfort drive just sounds too awesome to pass up.
jdoran1973 is offline   Reply With Quote