Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2
Old 05-29-2012, 02:47 PM   #1
Unhappy Tour Master Troubles

Hi all,
have a strange problem with a 2006 Gulf Stream Tour master 40,
The elec system has been in and out of the shop since we took delivery of the unit from the Factory. It has Shore, Geni, and SunForce solar power.
The first of 2 probs :
After about an hour of operation the generator kicks its breaker in the left rear panel - located nect to the batts, it is I believe a 50amp breaker with a long red switch, when it trips a small flap pops out..we have to shut down, snap the flap back and restart.
The second issue is with the shore power - when I plug in I get a normal on the panel, however I can use everything but the slides, AC and lights, the TV system, microwave and fridge work fine..as of today I have been unable to locate any circuit breakers anywhere. Has anyone had this prob before or know what it may be and have a possible solution.

Psiborg is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-29-2012, 04:10 PM   #2
Regarding slides are you sure your seat is all the way up and has activated the micro switch, and also if your bedroom bed folds up make sure it is all the way up. I have had this problem before. My circuit breakers in an 08 are under the fridge, there is a little door where they are located.

Flash1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2012, 08:07 AM   #3
Tour master trouble

Thanks for the reply...Yes the trip interlock is not the issue, the issue is I am not getting power to half the components when hooked up to shore line. I get the Microwave, entertainment system, a few of the wall sockets and the fridge. But no interior or exterior lights, no slides, no awnings, and no system monitor panel switch lights. So I figure it cannot be the converter since half the stuff works, looks like it tripped a breaker or two which could have happened during a recent replacement of the coach batteries, and I still have the problem with the 50amp breaker popping every hour or so when the Gen is online. I have not been able to locate the breaker box ( it is not where the owners manual shows it ) and below my stove is nothing but vents. I will look around more where you suggested. I really need to get this problem solved as the rig is going to Vegas for an event and I will be dead in the water without the Gen and shore power in working order.
Psiborg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2012, 11:01 AM   #4
I ran into a similar problem once I was plugged into shore power and noticed that all the lights were starting to dim. I could not figure out what was going on I looked into the back where the switches are beside the battery compartment, they all looked fine none were tripped. I kept digging and thought what the heck checked those switches again the one that says CHARGE LINE 80 AMP I pushed the button to trip then reset and all was good after that. Maybe you may want to try that with your breakers.. Hope that helps.
Flash1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2012, 01:21 PM   #5
Winnebago Owners Club
Might be two problems. I think you may want to replace that breaker that keeps tripping. It sounds like the items that are not working are on the 12V side.
Larry B, Luckiest Dreamer
Luckiest Dreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2012, 02:06 PM   #6
Moderator Emeritus

Fleetwood Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
All your lighting is 12v - should work the same whether on shore power or no power. The only difference on shore power is that your inverter/charger should be replacing the battery amps as fast as the lights consume them. But that's the same as when running from the generator as well.

If you have only half your 120v circuits put when on shore power, the problem could be that the transfer switch is not engaging both halves of the 50A shore feed.

Another possibility is that the breaker on the inverter charger needs to be reset. You have a 30A, 120v, feed that passes through the inverter to things like the microwave and many outlets. That enable the inverter to power them when no shore or generator power is present. Look for a reset button on the inverter.
Gary Brinck
2004 American Tradition; 2014 Buick LaCRosse
Homebase in the Ocala Nat'l Forest near Ocala, FL
Gary RVRoamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2012, 02:17 PM   #7
On my 07 TourMaster all Ac and Dc breakers are below the refrigerator behind plastic covers. There are automotive type fuses in front left drivers compartment with the inverter. These mostly are Freightliner fuses.
There are breakes in the right rear compartment for battery and DC feeds. Under the bed is another Dc converter. Are you trying to run the generator while on shore power. If I start the generator while on shore power it will trip the breaker.

rescue7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2012, 04:02 PM   #8
Country Coach Owners Club
If you have 120v service via shorepower but no 12v lights etc. check between the inverter and the battery bank for large fuses that may have blown.

Mine are 300A T Fuses and there is one in the battery compartment and one in the inverter area.

The AC are 120v and have their own breaker and circuit so that would be a separate issue from the battery dependent lights etc.

1995 CC Magna #5280
C8.3L 300hp Cummins, 31,000lbs
deandec is offline   Reply With Quote