RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-13-2018, 01:33 AM   #1

National RV Owners Club
Tow Insurance

I just finished reading the thread on towing motorhomes in this weeks newsletter and coincidentally received an invoice for my tow insurance through Good Sam.

Question: Whatís the best tow insurance for a class A motorhome? I switched to Progressive for my main insurance last year and have kept the Good Sam Platinum tow insurance. I havenít had to use it, but from what Iíve read lately Good Sam is not widely known for Good Service, so Iím concerned. Now that itís time to renew, Iím curious what everyone is using for tow insurance. Iím fairly new to the class A scene so please share.

Thanks

Mogulite is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-13-2018, 04:05 AM   #2

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Tow Insurance

I have belonged to CoachNet for over six years,- since we started full timing. I subscribe to their Platinum plan. Iíve had occasion to call upon them six times. Three times for small onsite repairs, and three tows of 10, 40, and 40 miles. None of these tows cost me anything out of pocket.
In every case the CoachNet people were prompt, professional, and reliable. I recommend them without hesitation.
CoachNet has become a bit pricey over the years, but having experienced their service several times at first hand I know what Iím paying for and consider the price worthwhile.

JFXG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2018, 08:57 AM   #3
Senior Member/RVM #90

Monaco Owners Club
We've had Good Sam Roadside Assistance since 2001 but plan to change to the FMCA plan at the next renewal. $69 per year is a great deal, plus I would much rather support FMCA that Marcus Lemonis!

2002 Monaco Windsor 40PBT, 2013 Honda CRV AWD
MSHappyCampers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2018, 09:13 AM   #4

Tow Insurance

Iíve had Good Sam, and had to use them a few years ago for a tow in Colorado. I felt their handling of my situation went well, and the next day they even helped me find a mobile RV repair person when I was having absolutely no luck calling places on my own. It seems like when I renewed this past summer that the rate was higher then I expected it to be, and then I read on here at about the same time that you had to have I believe the platinum service for towing coverage. I wasnít even sure what level I had, so I called them and verified that I had the coverage that included towing.

This question about towing insurance comes up quite a bit, and it seems to me that Coach-net gets quite good reviews from most people who comment, and Good Sam seems to have more negative reviews. Iíve stayed with Good Sam just because they worked out well for me the one time I needed/used them, but when my current policy expires (I only did a year because the cost seemed high) I may switch to Coach-net. Iíve also read quite a few positive comments about FMCA insurance, so that may also be another option to consider especially with it being only $69/year. For that rate it might be worth having two policies with one as a backup if you want an insurance policy as a backup for your insurance policy - I know some folks on here do that for peace of mind!
Sunny1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2018, 11:43 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by MSHappyCampers View Post
We've had Good Sam Roadside Assistance since 2001 but plan to change to the FMCA plan at the next renewal. $69 per year is a great deal, plus I would much rather support FMCA that Marcus Lemonis!
I have to agree 100%
Old 10-18-2018, 11:32 PM   #6

Here is a link to the last 1,000 plus threads about roadside assistance.
I think after reading 5 from the last 30 days will give you much insight.

https://www.google.com/search?q=%22r...=11&gws_rd=ssl

Tags
insurance, tow