Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2
Old 09-06-2016, 09:01 PM   #1
Towing a MH

What is the average cost to tow a class A pusher 45ft. per mile? any help would be appreciated.

big willie is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-06-2016, 09:47 PM   #2
Newmar Owners Club
Holiday Rambler Owners Club
Expect to pay $400-$600 for a typical tow, although maybe less if your distance is across town or something short. Definitely could make a good case for purchasing a $150 annual subscription to Coachnet if your towing because your coach needs repairs.

2000 Newmar Dutch Star 38' Class A, Spartan chasis, MM-2242, Cummins 330 pulling a 2014 Ford Focus.
Pexring is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2016, 11:39 PM   #3
Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Do NOT be without Roadside Assistance. I recommend CoachNet unequivocally. I get the high end package so there will be no quibbling over services, and I've been right so far.
We've been towed twice in four years. Each tow was about 45-50 miles, and each one invoiced at about $500-$550, fully paid by CoachNet.

John & Diane, fulltiming since '12 02 DS40, FL, Cat, '04 Element NHSO RVM103
John & Diane, Fulltimers. RVM103 NHSO
On the road since June '12 with Lincoln, the guard cat.
2002 Dutch Star 40, Freightliner, Cat 3126, 2004 Element
JFXG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2016, 11:46 PM   #4
Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Ya I think mine was about $600 across Denver but picked up by GS roadside.

Learned a few things - they have to run an air hose to your rig to keep the brakes and suspension up as they roll, and they had to disconnect the driveshaft.

Problem was, the tow driver left the driveshaft disconnect and the repair shop charged $180 to tow it into the bay and reconnect it.
Atom Ant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2016, 01:38 AM   #5
Good advice, I should have been more specific. I am considering building a custom shell. I am looking for a transport company with a truck and landoll trailer
big willie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2016, 03:41 AM   #6
Vintage RV Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Definitely carry AAA RV Plus, or its equivalent. I've yet needed to be towed, but carry two different insurance policies in the event of a breakdown. Better safe than sorry. Each offers a little different coverage than the other so they compliment themselves nicely.
'97 Pace Arrow Vision 36 with Tag Axel, Ford 460 with Banks Power Pack. 2000 Jeep Wrangler Toad, one miniature schnauzer that rules the roost and a wife that enjoys traveling. Retired FTCS (SS) USN and loving it. FMCA#461483
Shaky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2016, 10:52 AM   #7
Moderator Emeritus

Fleetwood Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
It varies a lot by region and circumstances, but figure $3-$5 per mile, with usually a minimum fee and maybe a hook-up charge as well. On a pusher, the drive shaft needs to be disconnected and re-connected, and that may be a separate labor charge as well.
Gary Brinck
2004 American Tradition; 2014 Buick LaCRosse
Homebase in the Ocala Nat'l Forest near Ocala, FL
Gary RVRoamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2016, 12:06 PM   #8
We had Our Berkshire towed from Lordsburg, NM to Az. Freightliner Tucson about (150 miles) in June.
Received two quotes. #1 was $225 per Hour beginning when he left his base. #2 charged $250 Hookup (included removal and reinstallation of the driveshaft) plus $7 per mile.
I selected #2 due to no charge for dead heading. GS paid more than half of the tow because I did not have it towed to the nearest repair facility. They could not start on our RV for three weeks. Freightliner had the repair completed in 3 days.

2011 Berkshire 390BH-60
Cudntherd is offline   Reply With Quote

tow, towing