Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-16-2015, 10:11 AM   #15

Winnebago Owners Club
So far so good with my TOYO's

I have Toyo M142's on my class A. Had to replace the 8 year old TOYO's last year when I bought the RV. So far so good. Smooth ride and looks like even wear. I ask the dealer about the born on dates. He said they won't accept any thing over a year old from the warehouse/whole sale distributer. They also said they have had good service from the TOYO's but to avoid the cheaper Chinese firecrackers as they called them. The guy that owns the place said he had TOYO's on his class A pusher. I used triple J tire Ranch in Vidor Tx. They came to the house and did the work in my driveway for a $75 road service call out fee. I don't remember exactly but it was right at $3000 turn key for 6 tires
Mike

10/18/19 Dutch has passed but still travels with us in our hearts :(
mikee409 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-16-2015, 11:24 AM   #16

Just got the tracking info for FedEx Freight on the tires. I ordered them Tuesday afternoon and they were picked up from the warehouse on Weds. afternoon. They are scheduled for delivery on Monday. If I had ordered on Monday, they would have been there by Friday. So far, the Simple Tire order is going just as advertised.
asodergren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2015, 11:32 AM   #17

In February 2015 I had (4) 295/80R22.5 Toyo 144's installed on the drive axle at Bob Lee's tires in St. Petersburg FL.
I already had Yokohama's installed on the steering axle last December in Texas.

Total for the (4) Toyo's with balancing, disposal fee and tax, out the door, was 2096.86.
Tires are dated November 2014.

So far 2 trips and they seem to be a better ride than the 7 year old Goodyears I replaced. Good reviews from all I had read about, you should be happy with them.

I also installed a an EEZRV TPMS system on the 6 coach tires and the toad (Ford F150) at the same time.

CsiDave
St. Petersburg, Florida
2007 Fleetwood Revolution LE 40E
csidave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2015, 06:36 PM   #18

I finally made it to Cincinatti and got my 8 Toyo 295/80R-22.5 Tires installed today. I put about 350 miles on them this afternoon. They are at least as good as the Michelins, from a ride quality point of view. They are dated 4114, which makes them a bit less than 6 months old at time of delivery. Personally, I have no problem with that. I'm totally satisfied with the buying experience from Cheap Tires Online | Find the Best Deals on Tires | SimpleTire.com and with the tires themselves.
Old 05-06-2015, 07:04 PM   #19

Just got my M154's installed, I had contacted Tire Depot about online ordering, and date codes, Andy was going to send them from a farther away warehouse, to get the date codes within 6 mos and eat the extra shipping costs, but I found the same deal local so I used them, I also wanted spin balance, that was hard to find, went to Ta, bad move, what they quote and the invoice don't match, and they say " Oh well", balanced the last 2 at Spedco, Ta will get no more of my money
Old 05-06-2015, 08:31 PM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frutza View Post
Just got my M154's installed, I had contacted Tire Depot about online ordering, and date codes, Andy was going to send them from a farther away warehouse, to get the date codes within 6 mos and eat the extra shipping costs, but I found the same deal local so I used them, I also wanted spin balance, that was hard to find, went to Ta, bad move, what they quote and the invoice don't match, and they say " Oh well", balanced the last 2 at Spedco, Ta will get no more of my money
We only balanced the 2 steer axle tires and it rides perfectly. I think that is pretty much the norm.
Old 05-06-2015, 08:46 PM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by asodergren View Post
We only balanced the 2 steer axle tires and it rides perfectly. I think that is pretty much the norm.
Rotating mass should be balanced IMHO. I have Magnum Balancing beads in all six tires and I'm very happy with the results.
Koop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2015, 10:47 AM   #22

Country Coach Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by asodergren View Post
X2 on Toyo and Bridgestone tires over 13 year span.
1995 38' CC Magna #5280 **** Sold after 21 years of enjoyment.
deandec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2015, 05:51 AM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koop View Post
Rotating mass should be balanced IMHO. I have Magnum Balancing beads in all six tires and I'm very happy with the results.
I asked about balancing beads and was advised against it. I asked why and they said because of the way the tires would wear. Since this shop does nothing but large truck/bus/RV tires, I decided to take their advise.
Old 05-08-2015, 05:48 PM   #24

Love the Toyo RR race tire....so for my motorhome they were the go to tire!
Wbonsell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2015, 10:52 AM   #25

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by speed racer View Post
It's hard to find out the date codes until you get them if you have to order them. I got mine three years ago and had to wait till early OCT. to get them because the company was out of them and didn't make a production run until then. When I got my tires they where a week old.

Under the FAQ's on Simple Tires website it states they may sell tires up to FIVE years old...
alpha99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2015, 10:23 PM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by alpha99 View Post
Under the FAQ's on Simple Tires website it states they may sell tires up to FIVE years old...
I saw that before I ordered. I figured that any major brand tire coming out of a major warehouse would be much fresher than that. Mine were a bit less than 6 months old. I have several thousand miles on them now and couldn't be happier. Very quiet, very smooth. Well worth the transition from Michelin's.
Old 07-20-2015, 05:38 AM   #27

Monaco Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
I had a friend try to use the online service and yeah to the "upto 5yrs old" condition.
We ended up finding a local place to match and got him fresh date code tires. He bought 6 in May that had Feb 2015 date codes.
WeatherTodd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2015, 08:10 AM   #28
Community Moderator

hearing so many positive comments about toyo, i called les schweb about it, was told they don't make 12r22.5 to my coach calling for. couldn't comprehend...

i finally settled with sumitomo on last saturday. 4 of tires, and 6 counteract beads for all, 6 new stem valves, installed, otd price was $1900. this was done in the heart of silicone valley, the most expensive place in the country. i called a couple shops in eugene ahead of time as we were driving toward there, surprised, their otd prices were even higher (another thing couldn't be understood as they have no tax...)
CountryFit is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
tires