Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-03-2013, 12:47 PM   #29

When my goodyears wear out or about three more years...no doubt about what we will use...michelins..
Jim Estes is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-03-2013, 12:56 PM   #30

Monaco Owners Club
I am shopping for tires right now and need an H rated tire. The Toyo's that will fit my coach are H rated but when you look at the actual maximum weight rating the are listed at 550 pounds less per tire than my original equipment POS Goodyears.
bdpreece is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 01:23 PM   #31

The more I think about Goodyears...I have had some pretty decent results...on our 5er...I might put goodyears back on...when the time comes...
Old 03-03-2013, 01:34 PM   #32

I replaced my Michelin's with Toyo's a couple of yrs ago - been happy and used some of the money I saved to upgrade shocks.

Kevin
ksg5000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 04:10 PM   #33

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Estes View Post
The more I think about Goodyears...I have had some pretty decent results...on our 5er...I might put goodyears back on...when the time comes...
I had no complaints about my Goodyears until about 25K when the fronts started to river bad. Researching tires I have found no instances of anyone complaining about rivering front tires except for Goodyear owners. On my last coach I had Michelin's and when I replaced the tires they had over 35K and looked like new. Unfortunately they had aged out as far as I was concerned..
bdpreece is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 09:19 AM   #34

That would to it for me as well! Hello michelins!
Old 03-26-2013, 11:58 AM   #35

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Cleane View Post
I currently have a set of Michelin tires on my 2005 Vectra that have a date stamp of 2004. Yet they only have 36000 miles on them.
Knowing that I'm going to have about the same amount of mileage on them at the end of the next eight years, I'm considering TOYO's for my next purchase.
My tire man says they are very good tires though not as good as Michelins. However knowing that I'm going to put 5-6000 miles a year on them there was no need to spend the extra $275 per tire.
Any pro's or con's out there?
To help offset the price of new tire replacement, contact any dump- truck company and see if they will buy the tires that you replaced. I just sold my old tires with low millage for $450.00. Better than paying a disposal fee. Can't coment on tires.
hogride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 09:45 PM   #36

For whatever it's worth, on the advice of a major tire installation place, I was told to get some Kuhmo tires for my rig as I put on under 2000 miles a year. I did so to save $300. The tires made the coach ride like it was on ice skates. I went back, spent the extra money and got Michelins and I'm a very happy camper.
easywind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 11:39 AM   #37

Can anyone offer information regarding the difference in Firestone tires and Toyo? I am running Firestone tires, which are great, need to replace steering tires and have been considering Toyo, any comments would be appreciated.

My original tires were Michelin, they needed replacing after 3 years, have been running Firestone for past five years and been very happy with results, no weather damage as with Michelin.
Deniz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 03:38 PM   #38

I have a 2004 Country Coach I still have the original Toyo tires on the coach. They have been excellent tires no problems, only have about 40,000 miles on them. They still appear to be in excellent condition, there are no visible cracks or signs of age. Because of the age of the tires I am getting ready to get new ones, will definitely consider getting Toyo's again.
Larry Young is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 04:23 PM   #39

I look at tires this way; how much did you pay for your MH? Lots Right! So why go for cheap tires? I have always had Michelins and I trust them on my MH and my tow. Maybe Toyo are as good as Michelins but that would have to be proven. When the rubber hits the road I want them to be Michelin, they are worth the money and peace of mind. Good Luck All and Happy MHing!
Jackhal1949 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 04:38 PM   #40

Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:
I look at tires this way; how much did you pay for your MH? Lots Right! So why go for cheap tires? I have always had Michelins and I trust them on my MH and my tow. Maybe Toyo are as good as Michelins but that would have to be proven.
Be sure and let us know when your more money Michelin's has been on your MH. As long as Larry Young's Toyo's has been on his.
Triker56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 05:59 PM   #41

I try to stay out of these discussions because i work for one of the above mentioned companies. If you go to a Michelin Dealer they more often than not also have a Toyo line. Hmmmmm
Old 03-28-2013, 06:14 PM   #42

Fleetwood Owners Club
I put Hankooks on mine this year. Rides and drives well. I wouldn't buy Michelins if I had all the money in the country. Did that and had to replace them in 3 years due to sidewall cracks. The tires always had 100# in them, so it wasn't due to low air.
stuhly is offline   Reply With Quote