Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-22-2015, 12:41 PM   #43

Has anyone have experience w Tire Tech on tp7002? The price is right for what it says it does ( same as others)

gasman936
04 Discovery 39s

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-19-2016, 11:14 AM   #44

Hello..

I didn't want to start a new thread on a subject that has many.. but I am looking for guidance...

I will be getting new tires within the next couple months... I have been very interested in getting a TPMS system, and like many of you.. I want the "best" one available..

With that being said... my question about the best is not the brand.. but the style.. Many of the systems I am seeing are an "external" system... basically, they're screwed onto the existing valve stem in some shape, form or fashion..

I believe this is the most popular/best, because many don't want to pay to have the tires removed/broken down so an "internal" sensor can be installed.. much like the ones on most passenger cars today... Seeing as I will have the opportunity to have an internal system installed... I am posing the question...

What is the BEST... Internal or External ???

Thanks

oakcreekeric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2016, 06:18 PM   #45

Quote:
Originally Posted by oakcreekeric View Post
Hello..

I believe this is the most popular/best, because many don't want to pay to have the tires removed/broken down so an "internal" sensor can be installed.. much like the ones on most passenger cars today... Seeing as I will have the opportunity to have an internal system installed... I am posing the question...

Thanks
Here you go, since the tires will be dismounted, this is the best internal unit I have come across:

Truck System Technologies - TST 507 Internal Tire Pressure Kit
Old 01-20-2016, 09:48 AM   #46
Commercial Member

Be sure to compare warranty length when doing research.
Old 01-20-2016, 09:50 AM   #47
Just south of Twin Cities

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Hey Mike Benson, I keep watching the site for the new color systems. Is it in yet?
2015 Ford Explorer Blue Ox tow bar, AF1
Cooperhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2016, 11:16 AM   #48

Monaco Owners Club
Hello Mike here with TST, we have external and/or internal sensors. Please call me to discuss in more detail. I am available 7 days a week until midnight at 770-889-9102
Thanks,
Mike Benson
TST TPMS
Old 01-20-2016, 11:21 AM   #49

Monaco Owners Club
We are working on it every day, we had hoped to be ready to release in the next few weeks, but it is looking like another 5-6 weeks as we want to be sure it is perfect and no flaws when we release.

Thanks Cooperhawk, I will let you know the second it is ready.

Thanks,
Mike Benson
TST
Old 01-20-2016, 03:42 PM   #50

Damon Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moxy View Post
I am on my second system from tst, I went with the flow through sensors as they allowed for battery replacement and that was important to me, now when I felt my flow through sensors were sticking out to far on my car hauler wheels, mike took back my used flow throughs and sent me the smaller non flow throughs for the trailer no charge, no questions which coincidently takes me to why I choose TST the second time, Mike and his crew take their customer service seriously, to me they appear to have our interest and safety as their first priority, I cant speak to the other companys supplying similiar equipment but TST, has the best customer service I have experienced in my short 50 plus years on this planet, that to me along with the fact that my system works flawlessly on my 40 plus footer with 30 feet of trailer behind without mssing a beat, yes I have a repeater, and I have replaced tha batteries, so if ease of use customer service and dependability is important, Give the TST system a try.

Moxy
I also am on my second TST system always got great support My first one was the sealed sensor when several went dead after 6 years I purchased the new unit with replaceable batteries. I like the fact that you get T/P right away and do not have to wake up sensors I want to adjust my pressure before I leave not on the road
Old 01-22-2016, 09:06 PM   #51

Thor Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Georgie Boy Owners Club
Quote:
Hello..

I didn't want to start a new thread on a subject that has many.. but I am looking for guidance...

I will be getting new tires within the next couple months... I have been very interested in getting a TPMS system, and like many of you.. I want the "best" one available..

With that being said... my question about the best is not the brand.. but the style.. Many of the systems I am seeing are an "external" system... basically, they're screwed onto the existing valve stem in some shape, form or fashion..

Thanks
You may want to check how long the batteries last on the internal sensors. You just may be breaking the tires down every 2 years for new batteries. another thing you need to find out if you have to send the sensors in for battery replacement both internal and external. With my EZZRV ones external sensors I can change the batteries my self. mine lasted a little over 2 years.
Mel
Old 01-24-2016, 03:46 PM   #52

After researching the many different brands I decided to go with TST.

Super simple to install as when I ordered them I spoke to Mike Benson of TST and gave him the pressure I wanted in each tire including the TOAD, he programed and labeled all the sensors. All I had to do was screw them on and wire the repeater to the batteries.

I like the fact that the TST system has flow through sensors and monitor displays both temperate and pressure.

The only thing I did differently is I wired a switch for the repeater. I couldn't see leaving it on when the rig is parked.
Old 01-24-2016, 05:12 PM   #53

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by mbenson1234 View Post
Hello Mike here with TST, we have external and/or internal sensors. Please call me to discuss in more detail. I am available 7 days a week until midnight at 770-889-9102
Thanks,
Mike Benson
TST TPMS
Just had TST 507 installed, so far so good. It's very comforting to be able to continuously monitor tire pressure, and to see that customer service like this still exists. Hopefully won't have to find out how it works during a blowout, thanks TST
PackerPower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2016, 08:52 AM   #54

Monaco Owners Club
Lenny-shawna
Yes of course TST has user replaceable batteries, we were the first company to come with the user replaceable battery many years ago, then others followed, our Internal sensors have a 5-7 year battery.
Old 01-25-2016, 10:58 AM   #55

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbenson1234 View Post
Lenny-shawna
Yes of course TST has user replaceable batteries, we were the first company to come with the user replaceable battery many years ago, then others followed, our Internal sensors have a 5-7 year battery.
Hi Mike..

Thanks for jumping into the conversation..

I do have one question... As I've said.. I'm struggling with the decision on internal or external... I'm hearing from a few friends with knowledge in the field to go with the external... the reasoning is, battery replacement..

I curious as to the warranty period for an external unit (507).. what does that include.. would TST pay a nominal amount towards the breakdown of the tire should an internal battery go bad ?

Thanks
oakcreekeric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2016, 12:28 PM   #56

Monaco Owners Club
Tst tpms

Quote:
Hi Mike..

Thanks for jumping into the conversation..

I do have one question... As I've said.. I'm struggling with the decision on internal or external... I'm hearing from a few friends with knowledge in the field to go with the external... the reasoning is, battery replacement..

I curious as to the warranty period for an external unit (507).. what does that include.. would TST pay a nominal amount towards the breakdown of the tire should an internal battery go bad ?

Thanks
Hello OakCreekEric,
Good question. The internal sensor has a 5-7 year battery in each sensor, and the whole system is warrantied for 3 years. We cover under warranty all components of the system, however you would be responsible for sensor installation, if a sensor was to fail we would by all means send you a replacement, but we do not cover the costs in breaking the tire down at the tire shop. When the sensors begin to fail after the 5-7 years you would contact us at TST, we would then send you the numbers of systems you have in your kit, and charge you $19.95 per sensor, so when you go to break the tires down you will have replacements, and can change them out in one shot.
The external sensors also have a 3 year warranty, and they feature user replaceable batteries(CR1632) that last about 1 to 2 years, when they fail you simply put a new battery in and you will be good for another 1-2 years. You do not need to reprogram the sensors when you change the battery. Please feel free to call me if you would like to discuss this in more detail. I am available until midnight 7 days a weel.
Thanks,
Mike Benson
TST