Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Reply
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 07-22-2015, 12:41 PM   #43
Member
 
gasman936's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Posts: 38
Has anyone have experience w Tire Tech on tp7002? The price is right for what it says it does ( same as others)


gasman936
04 Discovery 39s
__________________

__________________
gasman936 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-19-2016, 11:14 AM   #44
Senior Member
 
oakcreekeric's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Oak Creek, WI
Posts: 937
Hello..

I didn't want to start a new thread on a subject that has many.. but I am looking for guidance...

I will be getting new tires within the next couple months... I have been very interested in getting a TPMS system, and like many of you.. I want the "best" one available..

With that being said... my question about the best is not the brand.. but the style.. Many of the systems I am seeing are an "external" system... basically, they're screwed onto the existing valve stem in some shape, form or fashion..

I believe this is the most popular/best, because many don't want to pay to have the tires removed/broken down so an "internal" sensor can be installed.. much like the ones on most passenger cars today... Seeing as I will have the opportunity to have an internal system installed... I am posing the question...

What is the BEST... Internal or External ???

Thanks
__________________

__________________
Eric & Denise
2012 Itasca Sunstar 35F
2010 Harley-Davidson Ultra Limited
oakcreekeric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2016, 06:18 PM   #45
Senior Member
 
lllkrob's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 1,681
Quote:
Originally Posted by oakcreekeric View Post
Hello..

I believe this is the most popular/best, because many don't want to pay to have the tires removed/broken down so an "internal" sensor can be installed.. much like the ones on most passenger cars today... Seeing as I will have the opportunity to have an internal system installed... I am posing the question...

What is the BEST... Internal or External ???

Thanks
Here you go, since the tires will be dismounted, this is the best internal unit I have come across:

Truck System Technologies - TST 507 Internal Tire Pressure Kit
__________________
2013 Tiffin Phaeton 40QBH
2016 Chevrolet Equinox LTZ AWD V6
lllkrob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2016, 09:48 AM   #46
Senior Member
Commercial Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Akron, Ohio
Posts: 1,468
Be sure to compare warranty length when doing research.
__________________
Retired Design & Quality Tire Eng. Read my tire blog RVTireSafety.NET to learn more about RV tires, valves & wheels. Read THIS post on why Tires Fail
Tireman9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2016, 09:50 AM   #47
Just south of Twin Cities
 
Cooperhawk's Avatar


 
Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: 5 miles south of Lakeville, Mn
Posts: 1,568
Hey Mike Benson, I keep watching the site for the new color systems. Is it in yet?
__________________
Retired FAA ATC,
VFW AL, VVA, NRA
2002 Journey DL 36, 3126 Cat 330hp
2015 Ford Explorer Blue Ox tow bar, AF1
Cooperhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2016, 11:16 AM   #48
Registered User
 
Monaco Owners Club
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 275
Hello Mike here with TST, we have external and/or internal sensors. Please call me to discuss in more detail. I am available 7 days a week until midnight at 770-889-9102
Thanks,
Mike Benson
TST TPMS
__________________
TST System is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2016, 11:21 AM   #49
Registered User
 
Monaco Owners Club
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 275
We are working on it every day, we had hoped to be ready to release in the next few weeks, but it is looking like another 5-6 weeks as we want to be sure it is perfect and no flaws when we release.

Thanks Cooperhawk, I will let you know the second it is ready.

Thanks,
Mike Benson
TST
__________________
TST System is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2016, 03:42 PM   #50
Senior Member
 
gasser 38's Avatar
 
Damon Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 374
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moxy View Post
I am on my second system from tst, I went with the flow through sensors as they allowed for battery replacement and that was important to me, now when I felt my flow through sensors were sticking out to far on my car hauler wheels, mike took back my used flow throughs and sent me the smaller non flow throughs for the trailer no charge, no questions which coincidently takes me to why I choose TST the second time, Mike and his crew take their customer service seriously, to me they appear to have our interest and safety as their first priority, I cant speak to the other companys supplying similiar equipment but TST, has the best customer service I have experienced in my short 50 plus years on this planet, that to me along with the fact that my system works flawlessly on my 40 plus footer with 30 feet of trailer behind without mssing a beat, yes I have a repeater, and I have replaced tha batteries, so if ease of use customer service and dependability is important, Give the TST system a try.

Moxy
I also am on my second TST system always got great support My first one was the sealed sensor when several went dead after 6 years I purchased the new unit with replaceable batteries. I like the fact that you get T/P right away and do not have to wake up sensors I want to adjust my pressure before I leave not on the road
__________________
gasser 38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2016, 09:06 PM   #51
Senior Member
 
mhbell's Avatar
 
Thor Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Georgie Boy Owners Club
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Ogden Utah
Posts: 520
Quote:
Originally Posted by oakcreekeric View Post
Hello..

I didn't want to start a new thread on a subject that has many.. but I am looking for guidance...

I will be getting new tires within the next couple months... I have been very interested in getting a TPMS system, and like many of you.. I want the "best" one available..

With that being said... my question about the best is not the brand.. but the style.. Many of the systems I am seeing are an "external" system... basically, they're screwed onto the existing valve stem in some shape, form or fashion..

I believe this is the most popular/best, because many don't want to pay to have the tires removed/broken down so an "internal" sensor can be installed.. much like the ones on most passenger cars today... Seeing as I will have the opportunity to have an internal system installed... I am posing the question...

What is the BEST... Internal or External ???

Thanks
You may want to check how long the batteries last on the internal sensors. You just may be breaking the tires down every 2 years for new batteries. another thing you need to find out if you have to send the sensors in for battery replacement both internal and external. With my EZZRV ones external sensors I can change the batteries my self. mine lasted a little over 2 years.
Mel
__________________
2017 Forest River EVO 2360 TT Towed with a 2011 Ford F-250 Super Cab Heavy Duty 4WD Towing Package, Blue OX Sway Pro Hitch.
http://www.rvbloggers.wordpress.com
mhbell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2016, 03:46 PM   #52
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Location: FL
Posts: 137
After researching the many different brands I decided to go with TST.


Super simple to install as when I ordered them I spoke to Mike Benson of TST and gave him the pressure I wanted in each tire including the TOAD, he programed and labeled all the sensors. All I had to do was screw them on and wire the repeater to the batteries.


I like the fact that the TST system has flow through sensors and monitor displays both temperate and pressure.


The only thing I did differently is I wired a switch for the repeater. I couldn't see leaving it on when the rig is parked.
__________________
Lenny and Shawna 2011 Winnebago Tour 43' Tag 450 Cummins Freightliner Custom Chassis Towing a 2013 Cadillac SRX with Blue OX
2014 Harley Ultra Limited with Hydra-lift Carrier. 3 Beagle Hounds
lenny-shawna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2016, 05:12 PM   #53
Senior Member


 
Winnebago Owners Club
Join Date: Oct 2015
Location: Madison, WI
Posts: 133
Quote:
Originally Posted by mbenson1234 View Post
Hello Mike here with TST, we have external and/or internal sensors. Please call me to discuss in more detail. I am available 7 days a week until midnight at 770-889-9102
Thanks,
Mike Benson
TST TPMS
Just had TST 507 installed, so far so good. It's very comforting to be able to continuously monitor tire pressure, and to see that customer service like this still exists. Hopefully won't have to find out how it works during a blowout, thanks TST
__________________
John & Kathy, Scrappy, Bandit, and Pixie Puppies
2011 Winnebago Journey 34Y
2007 Ford Edge Toad
PackerPower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2016, 08:52 AM   #54
Registered User
 
Monaco Owners Club
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 275
Lenny-shawna
Yes of course TST has user replaceable batteries, we were the first company to come with the user replaceable battery many years ago, then others followed, our Internal sensors have a 5-7 year battery.
__________________
TST System is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2016, 10:58 AM   #55
Senior Member
 
oakcreekeric's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Oak Creek, WI
Posts: 937
Quote:
Originally Posted by mbenson1234 View Post
Lenny-shawna
Yes of course TST has user replaceable batteries, we were the first company to come with the user replaceable battery many years ago, then others followed, our Internal sensors have a 5-7 year battery.
Hi Mike..

Thanks for jumping into the conversation..

I do have one question... As I've said.. I'm struggling with the decision on internal or external... I'm hearing from a few friends with knowledge in the field to go with the external... the reasoning is, battery replacement..

I curious as to the warranty period for an external unit (507).. what does that include.. would TST pay a nominal amount towards the breakdown of the tire should an internal battery go bad ?

Thanks
__________________
Eric & Denise
2012 Itasca Sunstar 35F
2010 Harley-Davidson Ultra Limited
oakcreekeric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2016, 12:28 PM   #56
Registered User
 
Monaco Owners Club
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 275
Tst tpms

Quote:
Originally Posted by oakcreekeric View Post
Hi Mike..

Thanks for jumping into the conversation..

I do have one question... As I've said.. I'm struggling with the decision on internal or external... I'm hearing from a few friends with knowledge in the field to go with the external... the reasoning is, battery replacement..

I curious as to the warranty period for an external unit (507).. what does that include.. would TST pay a nominal amount towards the breakdown of the tire should an internal battery go bad ?

Thanks
Hello OakCreekEric,
Good question. The internal sensor has a 5-7 year battery in each sensor, and the whole system is warrantied for 3 years. We cover under warranty all components of the system, however you would be responsible for sensor installation, if a sensor was to fail we would by all means send you a replacement, but we do not cover the costs in breaking the tire down at the tire shop. When the sensors begin to fail after the 5-7 years you would contact us at TST, we would then send you the numbers of systems you have in your kit, and charge you $19.95 per sensor, so when you go to break the tires down you will have replacements, and can change them out in one shot.
The external sensors also have a 3 year warranty, and they feature user replaceable batteries(CR1632) that last about 1 to 2 years, when they fail you simply put a new battery in and you will be good for another 1-2 years. You do not need to reprogram the sensors when you change the battery. Please feel free to call me if you would like to discuss this in more detail. I am available until midnight 7 days a weel.
Thanks,
Mike Benson
TST
__________________

__________________
TST System is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Jeep Wrangler as Toad TPMS question michealwhela Toads and Motorhome Related Towing 3 04-29-2015 01:12 PM
TPMS or CROSSFIRE DUAL TIRE EQUALIZER? T Gibson Class A Motorhome Discussions 24 03-17-2015 05:16 AM
TPMS on a Dolly vettenuts Toads and Motorhome Related Towing 4 11-14-2014 08:24 AM
TPMS Sensors without Valve Stem Extensions vettenuts Class A Motorhome Discussions 25 10-18-2014 02:00 PM
TPMS pressures TXBart Entegra Owner's Forum 11 05-06-2014 08:17 AM

» Virginia Campgrounds

Reviews provided by


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 02:11 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.