Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-26-2016, 01:46 PM   #57

National RV Owners Club
Holiday Rambler Owners Club
After much research, I chose the TST systems. Glad I did
Not being a techno geek, I needed help in programming them (twice). They are always there when you call and will be happy to walk you through every step. With customer service like that, who could complain.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-01-2016, 12:44 PM   #58

Monaco Owners Club
Tst tpms

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerryl View Post
After much research, I chose the TST systems. Glad I did
Not being a techno geek, I needed help in programming them (twice). They are always there when you call and will be happy to walk you through every step. With customer service like that, who could complain.
Thanks Gerry and Pat!
TST System is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2016, 02:46 PM   #59

I just bought the EEZRV system which I saw at Quartzsite, good price and appears to be a good system. I liked the display on this system over the others. I have not used it yet I am having a little problem getting the sensors on the rear duals and tag axle, this is not the products fault. I can not get to the rear valve stems, I may have a tire shop install them.
Larry Young is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2016, 02:51 PM   #60

Country Coach Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by lenny-shawna View Post
The only thing I did differently is I wired a switch for the repeater. I couldn't see leaving it on when the rig is parked.
I had it on our last rig, just put a 12 V plug on it and put it in a socket in the bedroom when moving.
Got a perfect spot in the new rig to permanently mount it now.
Mr_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2016, 05:34 AM   #61

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_D View Post
I had it on our last rig, just put a 12 V plug on it and put it in a socket in the bedroom when moving.
Got a perfect spot in the new rig to permanently mount it now.
Nice! I just wired an inline switch on the wall of the battery compartment.
The negative to what I did is I have to remember to turn the switch on prior to departing. Which I did forget to do on my last trip. So now I move the moniter so as to not forget.

Safe travels.
lenny-shawna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2016, 02:20 PM   #62
Moderator Emeritus

Monaco Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by mhbell View Post
You may want to check how long the batteries last on the internal sensors. You just may be breaking the tires down every 2 years for new batteries. another thing you need to find out if you have to send the sensors in for battery replacement both internal and external. With my EZZRV ones external sensors I can change the batteries my self. mine lasted a little over 2 years.
Mel
They've been using internal TPMS sensors on Corvettes for a long time, since they went to run flat tires with no spare. I've not heard of a dead battery in under 5 years and a lot of them last 8-9 years with no issues.

I've also got internal TPMS on a motorcycle and the life is much shorter for them. Mine are 3 years old and I have a low battery message. Unfortunately the sensor doesn't have a replaceable battery.

It could be the sensor is physically smaller on the motorcycle so the battery is smaller.
Old 02-12-2016, 06:46 AM   #63

Quote:
Originally Posted by barmcd View Post
They've been using internal TPMS sensors on Corvettes for a long time, since they went to run flat tires with no spare. I've not heard of a dead battery in under 5 years and a lot of them last 8-9 years with no issues.
It's my understanding... the quality of an aftermarket TPMS sensor pales in comparison to the unit used in a Corvette... it should also be mentioned the price difference would likely support that summation..

I've been told by many of my Auto Technician friends to go with the external one due to this reason... As one person told me.. With all the things GM/Ford/Chrysler does wrong.. TPMS sensors and their reliability is actually very good... not so much with the aftermarket internal sensors..
oakcreekeric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2016, 07:16 AM   #64

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by barmcd View Post

I've also got internal TPMS on a motorcycle and the life is much shorter for them. Mine are 3 years old and I have a low battery message. Unfortunately the sensor doesn't have a replaceable battery.

It could be the sensor is physically smaller on the motorcycle so the battery is smaller.
I have this TPMS on my Victory Vegas Arlen Ness Edition Motorcycle. I absolutely love it plus it has easily replaceable batteries.

I usually get 2-3 years on the batteries.

Dr4Film ----- Richard
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1362.JPG
Views:	98
Size:	159.0 KB
ID:	118876   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1363.JPG
Views:	107
Size:	189.6 KB
ID:	118877  

Dr4Film is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2016, 07:29 PM   #65

If you buy any other system besides TST, I have to ask why? If enough people told me that the quality and service were the best, over and over again, I think that should be convincing enough. All I can say is you won't regret it. Give Debbie at TST a call at 770-889-9102. These are the friendliest most helpful people you'll ever deal with.

2008 Holiday Rambler PDQ Ambassador 360 ISC
2015 Jeep Rubicon
Blue Ox tow Patriot brake
cdinatl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2016, 08:10 PM   #66

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdinatl View Post
If you buy any other system besides TST, I have to ask why? If enough people told me that the quality and service were the best, over and over again, I think that should be convincing enough. All I can say is you won't regret it. Give Debbie at TST a call at 770-889-9102. These are the friendliest most helpful people you'll ever deal with.

2008 Holiday Rambler PDQ Ambassador 360 ISC
2015 Jeep Rubicon
Blue Ox tow Patriot brake

Here is a perfectly valid why:

I purchased a Pressure Pro in '03. I used it with ten sensors for 3 years and then on my full timing coach for 4 more years. The sensors were still working at that point but I replaced them before a cross country trip in 2010. I'm still using those sensors.

It saved me from a significant problem when I picked up a bolt in a drive tire. That one event payed for the system. My lack of any problem through 13 years of service is enough proof for me.

Is that a good enough "why".
Steve Ownby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2016, 06:32 AM   #67

Monaco Owners Club
I purchased the Doran TPMS which is similar to the Pressure Pro (but not as good) back in 2010. In the two years I had the TPMS I had multiple sensor problems which cost me two trailer tires in Calgary AB Canada on a trip up to Alaska plus LOTS of other headaches while using the POC.

Later that same trip I had 5 out of 10 sensors not reporting any information so that was the last straw. I dumped it on eBay and purchased a 10 Wheel Tire SafeGuard TPMS system. It has worked flawlessly from day one without any hassles or difficulties. So far it has alerted me to a slow leak in one trailer tire allowing me to get off of the freeway in plenty of time to get parked and call Coach-Net for them to install the spare.

Batteries are very easy to change out which I do every 2-3 years regardless of whether they need it or not. Batteries are $7-$8 for a set of 10.

As I had posted previously I have one on my motorcycle and another one on my wife's Saturn SW-2. The one in the coach gets placed in my Saturn Vue once we are parked for a spell.

I see no reason to dump my perfectly good TPMS just to purchase a highly over-rated TST TPMS.

Frankly, I believe every TPMS will have GOOD reviews and BAD reviews from people regardless of who makes them or whether they are knock-offs or what they are called.

The important point is that you HAVE one and USE IT plus you can TRUST the information that it is giving you while driving.

Make a decision on which brand, purchase and install it. If it doesn't perform to your expectations then dump it and try another one until you find one that you can trust and works for YOU.

Out of all of the different brands of TPMS's available today and after reading all of the comments, problems and various posts on the many forums throughout the Internet, I believe the top three brands in alphabetical order are Pressure Pro, Tire SafeGuard and TST. I don't think you can go wrong with any of those three.

BTW, this topic is probably THE most discussed topic right along with tires on RV forums. And the same information is posted over and over and over again. Will it ever stop? Probably not!

Dr4Film ---- Richard
Dr4Film is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2016, 07:20 AM   #68

Color system

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cooperhawk View Post
Hey Mike Benson, I keep watching the site for the new color systems. Is it in yet?
Quote:
Originally Posted by mbenson1234 View Post
We are working on it every day, we had hoped to be ready to release in the next few weeks, but it is looking like another 5-6 weeks as we want to be sure it is perfect and no flaws when we release.

Thanks Cooperhawk, I will let you know the second it is ready.

Thanks,
Mike Benson
TST
Still waiting......??? When??
snickers104 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2016, 08:03 AM   #69

TST said to call them in late April for a possible June delivery.
Old 03-18-2016, 08:05 AM   #70

Ok... thanks!
snickers104 is offline   Reply With Quote