Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-18-2016, 09:28 AM   #71

We too have been using PressurePro for over 10 years. It was about the only system available then but have proven to fit our needs better. We prefer the LED array that instantly tells us which wheel is complaining in reference to the its location on the rig. The LED are highly visible in the bright light of our truck cab.

It is easy to hardware the monitor so it is always powered. Some of the TST monitors cannot on power all the time because the battery will burn out. Having to remember to charge the monitor is a weak point.

Never found changing batteries to be a benefit. Opening a sensor to change the battery can lead to contamination and the o-rings are a weak point. With changing sensors at 7-8 years, I didn't only get new batteries, I got new technology electronics and improved design seals.

Pass-thru sensors haven't been an attraction either. By using the TPMS, topping off tires is radically reduced, usually only a couple of time a year. You don't bleed off a bit of air with a pressure gauge. A pass-thru sensor is just another place for mechanical failure.

So when we bought the Bounder, we left the PressurePro system with truck and bought a new PressurePro system. We just got a smaller monitor since we didn't need the 34 location version. We used 6 (truck) + 7 (trailer and spare) + 5 (toad and spare). We could spread out the 18 sensors so when one lights, we know where.

Lots of RV Information at www.dmbruss.com
Dale & Mark Bruss is online now   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-18-2016, 03:02 PM   #72

National RV Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Send a message via AIM to tmw188
Have they increased the monitor screen size? It's showing only 2.5x1.5 very small but perhaps big enough?

Old 03-18-2016, 04:41 PM   #73

Everyone has their choice I realize. I'm just saying their customer service is unsurpassed and if you call Debbie you'll see...

2008 Holiday Rambler PDQ Ambassador 360 ISC
2015 Jeep Rubicon
Blue Ox tow Patriot brake
Old 03-18-2016, 04:54 PM   #74

National RV Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by tmw188 View Post
Have they increased the monitor screen size? It's showing only 2.5x1.5 very small but perhaps big enough?

I was referring to the TST unit.

iPad using iRV2 - RV Forum
Old 03-18-2016, 05:22 PM   #75

Fleetwood Owners Club
I have to give Mike Benson and TST another plug. Had another system for a number of years and switched to TST last year. Best decision ever. First the TST system is simple and just plainly works. Also, the 7 days till midnight service promise is real! They are very responsive......Gary

2010 Fleetwood Discovery 40G
Old 03-18-2016, 09:37 PM   #76

Beverly said that Mike is no longer at TST. She and Debbie are trying to hold down the fort, so to speak, while Dan is at FMCA.

Anybody have any more information ?

Alabama Travelers
2015 44B Entegra Aspire
2015 Jeep Wrangler

Princess & Ranger
Old 03-19-2016, 11:42 AM   #77
Commercial Member

When I bought new TPM last Fall I made my selection on features I thought were important.

- Provide early warning of fast air leak relative to the HOT running pressure and not wait till I was 15% below the Cold Inflation base-line

- Lifetime warranty

- User replaceable batteries

- Ability to report current inflation pressure in morning without having to go outside the RV (I get up, turn on TPM and press 2 buttons, go get coffee etc check tire inflation and outside temperature)

- reasonable system cost

I suggest you decide what features you want BEFORE you shop. The reviews and reports from others may or may not reflect the features you consider important. Simply being popular or capturing a larger portion of the market is a better reflection of marketing skils than of TPM system perfortmance.
Old 03-19-2016, 05:43 PM   #78

National RV Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tireman9 View Post
When I bought new TPM last Fall I made my selection on features I thought were important.

- Provide early warning of fast air leak relative to the HOT running pressure and not wait till I was 15% below the Cold Inflation base-line

- Lifetime warranty

- Ability to report current inflation pressure in morning without having to go outside the RV (I get up, turn on TPM and press 2 buttons, go get coffee etc check tire inflation and outside temperature)

- reasonable system cost

I suggest you decide what features you want BEFORE you shop. The reviews and reports from others may or may not reflect the features you consider important. Simply being popular or capturing a larger portion of the market is a better reflection of marketing skils than of TPM system perfortmance.

Not knowing much about these systems and being new to Motorhomes, asking questions and opinions, and reading posts of others like yourself is part of the process for me in deciding what features I may actually want.

Old 03-22-2016, 06:40 PM   #79

Quote:

- Lifetime warranty

- reasonable system cost

So what tpms did you buy and are you happy with it?
Old 03-22-2016, 10:31 PM   #80
Commercial Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BOONYBRAD View Post
So what tpms did you buy and are you happy with it?
Since you asked...I bought the new TT500. It also has a feature that allows me to turn it on in AM , get a cup of coffee and by the time I am ready to go I have current morning readings.
Old 03-25-2016, 10:46 PM   #81

I just bought the 507 from TST. The reason was the customer service.....I emailed a question and got an email back in less than 10 minutes. Asked several questions and got very quick responses to all. Will let you know how it works.
Old 03-26-2016, 06:00 AM   #82

National RV Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Since you asked...I bought the new TT500. It also has a feature that allows me to turn it on in AM , get a cup of coffee and by the time I am ready to go I have current morning readings.

Why can't you do that with others?

Old 03-26-2016, 06:21 AM   #83

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by tmw188 View Post

Why can't you do that with others?
You can.

The Tire SafeGuard TPMS operates exactly that way too.

Even though it has a "sleep mode", if there was ANY situation that was out of tolerance it will alarm immediately.

Everyday when I get into my car the tire psi and temps are there on the screen. I don't turn it off when I exit the car nor do I have it hardwired to the car. The data is instantaneous.

Lately I have been getting one sensor with no signal first thing in the morning so I need to replace the batteries in the car sensors which will remedy that situation.

Dr4Film ----- Richard
Old 03-26-2016, 11:46 AM   #84

So is flow through or non better? Talked to TST rep and they were suggesting flow through on coach, non on the toad.

My toad is Jeep Wrangler and there doesn't appear to be adequate side clearance with a sensor on to safely drive it in "less than paved" situation. Looks like vulnerable to being knocked off. Jeep has factory TPMS and flexible valve stems so replacing with steel ones not practical.