Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-08-2015, 08:35 PM   #1

Gulf Streamers Club
TPMS

What do you guys consider a good tire pressure monitoring system for 6 wheels that is fairly simple to install and is a unit that allows adding air without removing the system better or not? Thanks.

103holland is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-08-2015, 08:40 PM   #2

Fleetwood Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Many people are talking about the TST system but I went with EEZRV's 10 tire system and like it a lot. Was very frustrated with the no flow 'flow through' sensors but they were exchanged for the regular ones. Just finished >2000 miles and love the system.

Old 07-08-2015, 08:42 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by 103holland View Post
What do you guys consider a good tire pressure monitoring system for 6 wheels that is fairly simple to install and is a unit that allows adding air without removing the system better or not? Thanks.

The two most widely used systems are:
1. Pressure Pro
2. TST

Both appear to have a large base of satisfied customers. Personally, airing without removing the sensor is immaterial to me. I would have a protective cap to remove anyway so why not just remove the sensor.

Steve Ownby
Full time since '07
Steve Ownby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2015, 09:02 PM   #4

TPMS

I looked at the various brands and read many reviews here and at various sites. Was all set on TST but did decide to go with TireMinder. They had good reviews and support also.
I did not go with the flow through sensors. I have only added air once this year and it was mainly to even them out right after I purchased new tires. The year before I only added one time also. The way I looked at it was if I am constantly adding air or not trusting the system then I have other problems that need dealt with.
I did purchase a 6 tire system which included the repeater and added 4 more sensors for my towed vehicle. Only one trip with them and no issues with the system.

Steve
Old 07-08-2015, 10:59 PM   #5

i have been using tireminder for 3 years they are still good as new - accurate and effective. i have 10 sensors - 6 on coach and 4 on toad. cheap but satisfied.
Old 07-09-2015, 07:35 AM   #6

Thor Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
TireMinder here also. Had to unit to close to my Patriot Brake System Remote, and kept getting "no sensor " warnings often . since moving to passenger window , much better!
t.thoro13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2015, 09:57 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craigls2 View Post
Many people are talking about the TST system but I went with EEZRV's 10 tire system and like it a lot. Was very frustrated with the no flow 'flow through' sensors but they were exchanged for the regular ones. Just finished >2000 miles and love the system.
I have had the EEZRV 10 tire system for about 2 years. Great system.
wigginsjsr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2015, 10:35 AM   #8

Tiffin Owners Club
Have to agree with EEZRV TPMS. Just completed 3k mile trip and love it. Got one high pressure reading on inside dually, made a small air adjustment and no other issues the rest of the trip. Another thing I like about this system is I can change the batteries in the sensors when they need it. I don't have to send them off for replacement. I ordered the mine without the flow through.
Old 07-09-2015, 11:58 AM   #9

I've been using the nvision for years. On my 3rd rig. It will actually go up to 24 or so.
Never had a problem with it.
Old 07-09-2015, 12:02 PM   #10

Thor Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Georgie Boy Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Don and Dale View Post
Have to agree with EEZRV TPMS. Just completed 3k mile trip and love it. Got one high pressure reading on inside dually, made a small air adjustment and no other issues the rest of the trip. Another thing I like about this system is I can change the batteries in the sensors when they need it. I don't have to send them off for replacement. I ordered the mine without the flow through.
I have the same system for 3 years now and it is the same as the TST at a lot less money. No problems and it has saved me twice. I have moved it from 5th wheel to TT and now on Motor Home. Great product and good service. They have the best price on the sensors too.
Old 07-09-2015, 12:27 PM   #11

Fleetwood Owners Club
I bought the TST, just got back from first trip with it. Boxing it up and sending it back. A lot of people said they loved it, which is why I purchased it. No thanks, might try another brand or just skip it all together, ours was way too much trouble for what its worth.
Old 07-09-2015, 12:49 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by t.thoro13 View Post
TireMinder here also. Had to unit to close to my Patriot Brake System Remote, and kept getting "no sensor " warnings often . since moving to passenger window , much better!
do have the signal extender? for receiver to senders over 40 feet, it's needed. i bought it after experienced the same.
Old 07-09-2015, 01:34 PM   #13

Newmar Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
All of the above are good systems; you'd be better off with any of them than with none at all.

Adding one more option to the mix, I just installed the Tire Safe-Guard tpms. I didn't really care about the flow through sensors but they came with it and I'm just as glad it did... they're very convenient.

The main reason I went with this system over any other is because it doesn't require a booster. That may not concern you with just six tires on a shorter rig, but you may want to add a tow'd someday; this unit is expandable and easily configurable for adding a tow'd or pulled trailer. If not, there are less expensive tpms's out there that would likely suit your purposes for less.

Wryly Blithe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2015, 04:37 PM   #14
JJT

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Don and Dale View Post
Another vote for EEZRV. Just completed a 4,400 mile trip out west without issue. Besides the user changeable batteries, the display is very easy to read and understand, and initial programming was a snap.

JJT is offline   Reply With Quote