RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-17-2017, 10:39 AM   #15

TST-507 non flow thru sensors for me. 1 sensor does lose connection periodically. I may need a repeater as my RV is almost 37'. May replace the batts in the sensor first and see if that resolves the issue. If not I know what needs to be done. Other then that I am happy with the system

computerguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-17-2017, 11:48 AM   #16

Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by windsorbill View Post
I quick googled the bellacorp TPMS. The model I saw does not have replaceable batteries. That would be a deal killer for me. Replacing sensors will get pretty expensive quickly.

also someone mentioned flow through sensors. I have that feature and take them for granted. I wouldn't have monitors without that option either. I know some people have had theirs leak. I've been good so far--going on 5 years (knocking on wood).
The Ballacorp I'm looking at on Amazon says the batteries are replaceable. They look just like most of the others. I don't know of any that have replaceable batteries in the main unit. I do however question the fact that they say it monitors the tire pressure continuously yet they say the sensor battery will last a year or two. I would think they would not last that long if they did that. They say it will give the cold temp with no motion needed. I question that also. That's why I would like some input from someone who has this system. I would not want the flow thru sensors, just more crap to screw up.

Lakeman1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2017, 01:17 PM   #17

National RV Owners Club
I have a EEZTIRE T515 with non- flow-trough sensors, no problems.
jaywolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2017, 03:07 PM   #18
Community Moderator

Newmar Owners Club
I have a TST 507 on my MH and sensors on my toad. Even with me being 43' I have not had to use a repeater
Old 04-17-2017, 04:28 PM   #19

Newmar Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by TechWriter View Post
Same here. Numerous threads abound which discuss this whole topic ad nauseum.
jt
harleyjt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2017, 06:18 PM   #20

Monaco Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Holiday Rambler Owners Club
I have the TST 507 system. We purchased it when we had our TT and now use it on the MH and toad. I don't know if this is the same for other systems, but with TST, the sensor battery is being used whenever the sensor is attached to the tire. When traveling, I leave the sensors on all the time, but when I get home, I take them off.
Towing 2014 Ford Explorer
veraken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2017, 06:29 PM   #21

Excel Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
I have used the TS 507 Flow Thru model on the 5th for a couple years now without any issues.
rarebear.nm is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2017, 07:39 PM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaywolf View Post
I have a EEZTIRE T515 with non- flow-trough sensors, no problems.
x2. EEZTIRE
Delaware beaches ----- DW & Kip the Wonder Dog
Sandy Swede is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2017, 10:01 AM   #23

Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by veraken View Post
I have the TST 507 system. We purchased it when we had our TT and now use it on the MH and toad. I don't know if this is the same for other systems, but with TST, the sensor battery is being used whenever the sensor is attached to the tire. When traveling, I leave the sensors on all the time, but when I get home, I take them off.
Why do you take them off?
Lakeman1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2017, 10:47 AM   #24

Thumbs up It's ok...

Quote:
Originally Posted by harleyjt View Post
Same here. Numerous threads abound which discuss this whole topic ad nauseum.
jt
I believe that there are a "few topics" that deserve to be fluid and continual due to the subject matter. Personally I don't think there can be too much discussion when it comes to "safety issue" such as but not limited to; Tow vehicle/RV Tires, TPMS's, etc... Just my opinion
"NONE OF US IS AS SMART AS ALL OF US"!!!

Wundertaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2017, 11:01 AM   #25

Commercial Member

I bought Tire Traker TT500. I like the lifetime warranty, replaceable batteries. No need for extra wires running across dash to the monitor and especially the "early warning Rapid air loss" feature which could give me minutes of advance notice of air loss vs a different TPMS that only has one warning level. Also can check tire pressure in morning before I move.
Old 04-18-2017, 11:30 AM   #26

Tiffin Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by jpspaz View Post
I'm using a Tire Minder system also. I'm generally happy with it. Twice I received bad warnings on a recent trip that weren't accurate. One high pressure and one low pressure on different sensors. I haven't looked into that yet and wonder if it's a battery issue.
We finished a 2600 mile trip using TireMinder (had it forever) and kept getting loss of signal (LOS) on the toad and inside rear dually of the coach. Switched the sensors around, reprogrammed, but still the same. Called the company and explained this to them. I did have the original, inside extender mounded in the rear of the coach. They said if it were a sensors issue, I would get pressure errors or temp errors, and LOS was indicative of the extender not working correctly. They immediately sent me their RHINO extender, which is made for the outside. They said I could leave the other extender as they would not interfere and would actually compliment each other. I mounted it outside, underneath the coach, between the duallys. Getting ready to do, KY, SD, then AL starting at the end of May. If it acts up this time, I'll be replacing the system. Nothing worse than an unreliable insurance policy. Funny thing, when I had the 5er and RAM 3500 dually, the unit worked flawlessly.
les.warden is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2017, 02:25 PM   #27

Country Coach Owners Club
I'm subscribing as I'm also interested in purchasing a TPMS for my new to me country coach. It seems every system has some limitation or another. The EEZ gets good reviews but I read that the sensors only transmit once every 5 minutes. Is that correct? A lot can happen in 5 minutes!
The EK215T10 by Bellacorp looks good as no repeater is needed to 100 feet and I'm reading on the amazon questions that they update every 30 seconds. Sounds promising as well as a little cheaper than others at $377 for a 10 sensor system. Not a lot out there on Bellacorp, though. Based in Dallas but not finding any definitive info makes me nervous.
Jim
Aroadracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2017, 02:47 PM   #28

Commercial Member

Sometime loss of signal is due to low sensor battery voltage. Should be 3.0 + a bit