Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-01-2018, 07:28 PM   #1

Ford Super Duty Owner
?? Tpms and nav

We just bought a Bounder 35K and it does not appear to have either TPMS or Navigation systems. Which ones do you use and for the TPMS what works best with the Bounder wheels.
ccrewstx is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-01-2018, 07:50 PM   #2

Country Coach Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Any TPMS should work with the wheels. If it has simulators there could be some clearance problems. I use s Garman now that my onboard navi can't be updated.
Mr_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2018, 08:06 PM   #3

Google RV Nav/GPS systems, you will find some great units with great pricing.
Outbound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2018, 08:29 PM   #4
Community Moderator

Newmar Owners Club
I finally found the ideal GPS for me, Garmin RV770-LMT-S. I love it.
Most TPMS will do the job for you. I chose the TST with 507 sensors for the coach and the 510 sensors for the toad. I have also installed the repeater/booster antenna.
TonyDi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2018, 06:36 AM   #5

As said, there are a few choices for TPMS out there so take your pick. For a GPS, I use my phone (Google maps). We have unlimited data so no issue there.
I have had three or four stand alone GPS units from various manufactures and a few vehicles with built-in GPS units. The phone works at least as well and usually better. It uses current traffic to route you and it never needs to be updated as it updates on its own. My F150 has factory navigation and I find I use my phone more and more. Just buy a $20 dash mount and you are set.
Old 03-02-2018, 06:45 AM   #6

American Coach Owners Club
GPR -Garmin 770. Really nice thing is you can set your weight, height, length, etc., and it will not navigate you down a road with a low bridge, weight limited bridge, etc.

TPMS - Have an Ezztire. Any TPMS will be good.

Both have saved my bacon in the last year. Initial investment is high, but well worth the price.
AE Wanderer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2018, 06:53 AM   #7
Senior Member/RVM #90

Monaco Owners Club
TPMS don't care what RV you're using them on. You just program the TPMS for the tire pressure you are running. There are several good systems available. I chose the TireTraker system because it had the cap type sensors to prevent air leaks from the valve stems, and a lifetime warranty!

I would not want a navigation system built into the RV, but prefer the portable type that can be replaced as newer units with more features are offered.

Good luck, happy trails, and God bless!
MSHappyCampers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2018, 06:59 AM   #8

Monaco Owners Club
I'm lurking the GPS conversation, but I'm a BIG FAN of the TST TPMS system. I have the 510 on the MH and toad, with a repeater under the rear bumper. TST customer service is OUTSTANDING, bordering on unbelievable. I had troubles with my repeater and got a email conversation with the TST guy where he figured out how to get the repeater working in my application. TPMS is a MUST, and for me, TST is the BEST. I love checking my tire pressures in the morning before a trip, in a solid rainstorm wearing my jammies and sipping coffee in the drivers seat. My TST caught two slow leaks before they became blowouts, one on a toad tire and one on a steer tire.
TonyMac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2018, 07:34 AM   #9

Nor'easters Club
Garmin 770 for me. I have been using the same Doran 360 for 10 years with 3 different motorhome and no repeater. TST gets great reviews from users but my Doran works great too.
2019 Ford F150 Limited 450hp

RVRon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2018, 07:50 AM   #10

Tiffin Owners Club
InnotechRV TPMS with life time warranty does same and best bang for buck, bought at RV Show and follow up great and reliable
Google Maps
Safe travels
fourleaf1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2018, 08:11 AM   #11

I use a 10" android tablet with built in GPS sensor and run the free CoPilot app. I set the vehicle for heavy truck with propane. Works great, updates about every 6 weeks, poi's installed are not RV relevant, but other than that gives the best routing of any GPS I have used.
Old 03-02-2018, 10:11 AM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by ccrewstx View Post
We just bought a Bounder 35K and it does not appear to have either TPMS or Navigation systems. Which ones do you use and for the TPMS what works best with the Bounder wheels.
I use the Rand McNally 7730 GPS system. I really like it. It has a larger screen and if you are connected to WiFi it will give you real-time traffic conditions.

I use the TST tpms. We have used it for over 9 years and have been very happy with the system and customer service.
rvpeg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2018, 08:49 PM   #13

Holiday Rambler Owners Club
I’ve used the original TST 510 on my 5th wheel for several years and really liked that system. Moved to a class A diesel and wanted the larger color display and user replaceable batteries so bought the 507. I’m really liking this system. I have sensors on the steers, duals, tags and trailer and love knowing what’s going on 55 feet behind me. As for the GPS, I changed out the dash stereo for a Sony XAV-AX100 with Apple CarPlay. This allows me to display navigation, play music and have hands free phone.
keef95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2018, 06:26 AM   #14

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
I use both my phone and a stand alone GPS. I'll set the stand alone for our trip route, then, if we get somewhere in-route and want to find a local attraction of some sort, I'll use the phone. When we're done shopping or whatever, the stand alone unit will have recalculated and we can get back to our travels.
My TomTom stand alone will connect to my phone for live traffic updates, also.
Old_Crow is offline   Reply With Quote