Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-25-2013, 02:14 PM   #1

TPMS choices

There are a lot of TPMS to choose form. These 2 appear to be very similar and both offer the new flow through sensors. The big difference is the price with 8 to 10 sensors needed.

Any thoughts, thanks

TST TPMS 507 system

New User Replaceable Bat - Truck System Technologies, Inc

EEZ RV

TPMS SYSTEM (4 SENSOR)
adonh is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-25-2013, 04:03 PM   #2

We have the TST system, as do most of our friends. We have all been very happy. They appear to be the number one choice today.
Old 06-25-2013, 05:07 PM   #3

I bought this one and I am very pleased with ease of install and set up, has enough sensors for the coach, 6 tires, my race car trailer 4 tires and my Car dolly 2 tires and it reads all the tires in sequence pressure and temp even with the Dolly in my garage 50 feet away.

EEZTire Tire Pressure Monitoring System - 12 Flow-Through Sensors (TPMS) : Amazon.com : Automotive

Ted
Old 06-25-2013, 06:45 PM   #4

Wow! Pricy, to say the least.
Pigman1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2013, 06:52 PM   #5

I have the EEZ TPMS. Seems to work well. Had our first non read on the toad this last trip.Took sensor off and put it back on at a lunch break and that seemed to have fixed. Don't know why it stopped.
Selah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 07:15 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pigman1 View Post
Wow! Pricy, to say the least.
Yes the Price of 1 Tire and road side change out.
Old 06-26-2013, 07:20 AM   #7

I have the TST 507 with the flow through sensors... And it has proved it's worth a thousand times over.

Coming back from West Virginia a few weekends ago, a wiring issue took out my engine brake. Coming down the hills, I was able to accurately monitor front tire and wheel temps. I watched them rise to 124 degrees after a few firm stabs on the service brakes.

I won't be without it.

Mal
Maladjusted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 07:31 AM   #8

Tiffin Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Is the EEZ a different brand of product or is it just a vendor selling the TMS 507. I have the TMS and the pictures of the EEZ are exactly the same as my TMS.
gemini5362 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 08:23 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by gemini5362 View Post
Is the EEZ a different brand of product or is it just a vendor selling the TMS 507. I have the TMS and the pictures of the EEZ are exactly the same as my TMS.
I was wondering about that as well and contacted them about who manufactured their TPMS. Here is their response:

As a business practice we do not share factory or supplier information. I can tell you the system is made for EEZ RV PRODUCTS by a factory who has been manufacturing TPMS systems for just under 10 years. The first 4 years they primarily manufactured systems for Big Rigs and Fleet Bus Lines so we knew the system had been tested under tough conditions. We have carried the system for approximately 3 years and have a sound reputation both domestically and internationally. Our engineer visits the factory on a regular basis and spot checks and oversees production runs.

Our confidence in the system is reflected in the recent upgrade which is currently being rolled out. We have redesigned the monitor and branded it. We have also upgraded the senor to use the latest German IC technology which has allowed us to reduce the sensor size by 1/3 and extend the battery life for replaceable batteries from the current 1-2 years to now 3-4 years. We now offer one of the largest monitors and the longest battery life for replaceable batteries on the market.

I have attached a picture of the new system for you. Our web site, eBay and Amazon will reflect the new system next week.

I hope this answers your question, should you need additional information to help you make your decision don't hesitate to contact us.

Tom
EEZ RV PRODUCTS

Click image for larger version

Name:	EZ TPMS.JPG
Views:	1183
Size:	531.7 KB
ID:	41314

Although the picture has the non flow through sensors I assume their flow through sensors willl be available. I have responded back with that question and will post the reply when I receive an answer.
Old 06-26-2013, 08:35 AM   #10

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by adonh View Post
There are a lot of TPMS to choose form. These 2 appear to be very similar and both offer the new flow through sensors. The big difference is the price with 8 to 10 sensors needed.

Any thoughts, thanks

TST TPMS 507 system

New User Replaceable Bat - Truck System Technologies, Inc

EEZ RV

TPMS SYSTEM (4 SENSOR)
I have no thoughts on either one except to suggest that you also look at the Tire SafeGuard TPMS too.

Tire-SafeGuard

Dr4Film ----- Richard
Dr4Film is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 09:14 AM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by adonh View Post
I was wondering about that as well and contacted them about who manufactured their TPMS. Here is their response:

As a business practice we do not share factory or supplier information. I can tell you the system is made for EEZ RV PRODUCTS by a factory who has been manufacturing TPMS systems for just under 10 years. The first 4 years they primarily manufactured systems for Big Rigs and Fleet Bus Lines so we knew the system had been tested under tough conditions. We have carried the system for approximately 3 years and have a sound reputation both domestically and internationally. Our engineer visits the factory on a regular basis and spot checks and oversees production runs.

Our confidence in the system is reflected in the recent upgrade which is currently being rolled out. We have redesigned the monitor and branded it. We have also upgraded the senor to use the latest German IC technology which has allowed us to reduce the sensor size by 1/3 and extend the battery life for replaceable batteries from the current 1-2 years to now 3-4 years. We now offer one of the largest monitors and the longest battery life for replaceable batteries on the market.

I have attached a picture of the new system for you. Our web site, eBay and Amazon will reflect the new system next week.

I hope this answers your question, should you need additional information to help you make your decision don't hesitate to contact us.

Tom
EEZ RV PRODUCTS

Attachment 41314

Although the picture has the non flow through sensors I assume their flow through sensors willl be available. I have responded back with that question and will post the reply when I receive an answer.

Here is the response on the flow through sensors and the pricing on the new version fro EEZRV:

The Flow Through sensors are still available, however, we did not change the IC in those so they work the same as before. All the sensors from both versions are interchangeable.

The new system is priced the same, we absorbed the cost of the upgrade.

Tom
EEZ RV PRODUCTS
Old 06-26-2013, 09:17 AM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr4Film View Post
I have no thoughts on either one except to suggest that you also look at the Tire SafeGuard TPMS too.

Tire-SafeGuard

Dr4Film ----- Richard
Looks to be a good system as well, American made. The price on the 3 systems with 10 flow through sensors. range from $560, $500 and $480.

Not a lot of difference in the long run.
Old 06-26-2013, 09:35 AM   #13

Interesting, and I may be interested in a nice TPMS at some point. I do wonder, however, ho do they monitor tire temperature? Seems an "at the valve stem" solution would not be able to accurately measure internal tire temperature very effectively.

Chris
akeyzoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 11:03 AM   #14

I am not sure how they measure temp either... it has to be at the stem. I am more concerned about trend that actual temp.

As in my previous post... I saw the temp monitor display 124 degrees and was already planning on stopping if I hit 150.
Maladjusted is offline   Reply With Quote