Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2
Old 05-12-2014, 07:24 AM   #1
TPMS Questions

I've noticed since installing my TPMS that regardless of conditions, speed that the left front tire pressure rises more percentage wise and the right rear outside rises less percentage wise. Could there be a logical reason maybe alignment or ??

2001 Airstream XC360
Helotes, TX
lms1943 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-12-2014, 07:40 AM   #2
Community Moderator

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
I have a thought. On my coach the front tires carry more weight than the rear. I don't know about yours. I do know that the side that is facing the sun causes the pressure to be higher than the other side.

Don & Bev Morgan Weyauwega WI, 05 Itasca Horizon 40KD, 400 HP Cummins, Delorme GPS LT 40, Toad 07 Saturn Vue AWD, Air Force One, TST 510 TPMS, Mayor of Weyauwega 2007 - 2013, Waupaca Co Board Supervisor 2010 - 2014
Petro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2014, 09:09 AM   #3
A possible reason:
My left front is 600 lbs heavier than my right front, With both tire pressures adjusted for the heavier load, my pressure rise is about the same.

Have you weighted each corner and adjusted pressures according to the tire manufacturer's recommendations?

Are you running the genset with the exhaust going in front of the tire?

Let us know what the outcome is.

Fred & Vicki
Richmond Hill, Ga
2000 H.R.Endeavor/Freightliner/330 Cat
Fred Cooper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2014, 09:13 AM   #4
Traveling east to west?
dan-nickie is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2014, 09:31 AM   #5

Ford Super Duty Owner
Originally Posted by dan-nickie View Post
Traveling east to west?
I always notice the tires on the sunny side of the rig are slightly warmer than the ones on the shady side
97 Gulfstream SunVoyager
96 Ford F53 chassis
Windsor, Ontario, Canada
JRMEDPHYS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2014, 10:30 AM   #6
Tiffin Owners Club
My right front is heavier than my left front due to the propane and hydraulic system being in the compartment just in back of the tire. I've noticed that it will be a couple of degrees hotter than the left front. However, when the sun is shining on the left front, it will then be pretty much equal to the right front.

So...I'd say both the sun and weight will cause this. If you do have one tire slightly out of alignment, I would assume that it may also be a culprit.

Ron, Sandie, and Maggie May
2013 Tiffin Phaeton 42LH
2011 GMC Terrain SLT-2
lanerd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2014, 07:08 PM   #7
When we get home we will do a 4 corner weigh in and will check alignment. Will post results
lms1943 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2014, 08:47 AM   #8
Newmar Owners Club
Are your sensors internal or external?

Internal sensors can provide an accurate temperature reading, while readings from external sensors are much less accurate for temp as they are influenced by environmental elements (wind, sun, etc.). They can however provide some comparative value of abnormalities that might cause a tire temperature to rise. An overheated brake, such as a stuck caliper, a bad ball bearing, or other wheel problems "might" cause a temp rise.

If your sensors are external, you might also want to consider a IR tempurature gauge. These can accurately measure not only individual tires, such as an inside dual, but they can also check wheel bearing temperatures as well as other components.

Have you accurately measured and adjusted the air pressure. A pressure difference will cause a variance from one side to the other.

Uneven weight distribution, as has already been discussed is one of the higher probability culprits.

Ron_H is offline   Reply With Quote