Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2
Old 12-07-2015, 03:48 PM   #1
TPMS revisited, yes again

The recent issue of Motorhome magazine did an article on TPMS systems. No reviews just the manufacturers blurbs about them. There were 10 systems that were displayed including an "in tire" type. While that might be an option, I don't want to break down 10+ tires to install it.

Yes I have done some reading in the archives and it appears this is much like an oil thread on a motorcycle forum, "mine is best because I chose it". I don't yet have a system and will be getting one soon. Maybe even from Santa if I can get Mrs. Santa some good guidance.

Motorhome is a 40' DP and toad will be a Ford F-150. It might also at times be an Escape on a dolly, so interchangeability is desired. Decent range for a system. Batteries I can replace rather than send off. Want to be able to monitor high and low pressure and temperature. What is considered an acceptable pressure variance from the set value before it alarms or otherwise notifies?

That said I would like to hear from those who have and like or dislike them. If it's the dislike, please state why rather than just too much trouble or such. So please be tolerant of this post and help out the "not sure if he's a full-timer yet".

2007 Itasca Horizon 40FD, 2015 Harley Davidson FLHTKL, 2012 Jeep Wrangler Sahara
drwwicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-07-2015, 03:53 PM   #2
Senior Member/RVM #90

Monaco Owners Club
I chose the TireTraker system for several reasons.

Least cost for a system with 10 sensors and repeater in rear of coach.

Cap type sensors to prevent accidental loss of air.

User replaceable batteries (available at Wal-Mart, but cheaper from TireTraker distributor!)

Good customer service!

Easy to program and use.

Lifetime warranty!

Good luck, happy trails, and God bless!

Joe & Annette

2002 Monaco Windsor 40PBT, 2013 Honda CRV AWD
MSHappyCampers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2015, 04:19 PM   #3
Country Coach Owners Club
Send a message via Skype™ to CarlAda
I chose Tire Minder A1A by Minder Research for much of the same reasons as above. Free battery replacements. Haven't had any negative issues with the system, nor have I had any tire issues with it. I don't have sensors on my tow vehicle, but it's something that I will likely add soon. I'm pleased with the system.
2007 Country Coach Intrigue Ovation II 42' being pushed by a 2007 Cadillac CTS (4 down)
CarlAda is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2015, 04:34 PM   #4

Monaco Owners Club
I have The EZ tire system,I like it because it has the largest display screen of all that's on the market.Batteries can be bought anywhere and it don't have a repeater.You can get it with both types of sensors.
Stanley & Barbara
2002 38" Monaco Knight Dp
stan5711 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2015, 04:51 PM   #5

I use TST and am satisfied both with performance and with customer service.

As to the question about how much inflation loss is still safe...consider cars you follow that have almost nothing in their tires. IMHO, a range of 20-30psi isn't going to kill your tire. That said, I like the warnings available that alert you that a certain tire is losing air.

That is a big deal to me....not the pressure itself, but that one tire is acting differently from the rest of the pack.
Rick and Sandy
2003 American Eagle, 46K miles
...from Sept 2015
bamaboy473 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2015, 05:26 PM   #6
Ford Super Duty Owner
Not sure about the other systems but from experience the TST 507RV is terrific. I had a problem with sending unit - boom Mike Benson from TST sends me a new one while we were traveling. Always can get home hold of customer service. While I haven't me the TST folks, often they are reported attending Rallys. So hands down - they get my vote.
US Army Retired - loving it in our Challenger 37TB.

bigben is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2015, 07:02 PM   #7
Gulf Streamers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
I use the EEZ rv system, only complaint is If your using a tow dolly, you cant set pressures different for car and dolly, you have to set min of car and max for dolly, not a major issue, I would like to see more programmability. I didn't think to check before hand. Now, I also tow a 24' enclosed and the Mh is 36' and picks up just fine with no repeater. Large display , easy to read. Get the one with the features you like best
Mike & Becky
2005 Gulfstream Crescendo 8356
Frutza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2015, 07:23 PM   #8
iRV2 No Limits Club
Used to be a dealer/distributor for Pressure Pro, but they fell behind the curve. When I needed a new system I got a TST 507 system.
The present rig came with the SmarTire internal system which I like. But I'm sure the batteries are going to start going bad. Will probably go with a 507 external system since I already have most of what I need but could use the 507 internal senders too.
2009 45' Magna 630 w/Cummins ISX 650 HP/1950 Lbs Ft
Charter Good Sam Lifetime Member, FMCA, SKP
RV'ing since 1957, NRA Benefactor Life, towing '05 Odyssey
Mr_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2015, 07:43 PM   #9
Dw got us the TST 507. One was bad so they sent a new sensor. I do not like the display unit, its too small and hard to see even with the illumination on. It needs to have more contrast. It covers the coach and toad with no problem.
2011 Georgetown 337DS
Toad: 2003 Dodge Dakota w Blue Ox
lancslad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2015, 07:48 PM   #10
TST507 user here and very satisfied. Their customer service is great.

Fred & Vicki
Richmond Hill, Ga
2000 H.R.Endeavor/Freightliner/330 Cat
Fred Cooper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2015, 08:56 PM   #11
We have the TST507 thru recommendations of previous threads.
2014 XLR 415AMP, 2011 F350 6.7 DRW, restored 82 Wing, 02 Shadow, 06 ST1300A, NRA Benefactors.
dwhit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2015, 09:09 PM   #12
I have a Tireminder system and they have excellent customer service. I would get one piece valve extensions for the inner dually. They are much more reliable.
Ludmilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2015, 09:17 PM   #13
iRV2 No Limits Club
Should add: With both the Pressure Pro and TST systems I needed the repeater. Seems Newmar adds extra reinforcing around the rear axle and it cuts the signal strength down from the inner duals. Our present SmarTire system has all the antennas in place to receive all the signals with no trouble.
2009 45' Magna 630 w/Cummins ISX 650 HP/1950 Lbs Ft
Charter Good Sam Lifetime Member, FMCA, SKP
RV'ing since 1957, NRA Benefactor Life, towing '05 Odyssey
Mr_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2015, 09:28 PM   #14
Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Tire SafeGuard for me.

1. No repeater required

2. I chose it because flow thru sensors were available. I wanted to be able to add air without removing the sensor.

3. 24/7 tech support.

Wayne & Roberta and Maggie the Miracle Dog
08 Winnebago Destination 39W Gas UFO Workhorse Chassis
Making the Journey in our Destination

UFO Pilot is offline   Reply With Quote