Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-12-2015, 12:48 PM   #1

TPMS. simultaneous monitoring? SS extension hoses?

I searched and could not find info on this...

Is there a system that has a large display and monitors and shows all 10 tires at the same time?

I'm leaning iPod eezz or TST but the display is not good.
Pressure Pro looks good but very little information found.

Is the color display available yet for TST?

I think instead of TST 507 I should get 510? What's the ultimate difference...?

And last, my rear dual tires need SS flex extensions. I want to bot them to brackets that will be held on the lug nuts for safety.
How do I know which SS lines are quality thick rubber hose protected that are not cheap chinese materials that can't handle temperature.???
I would like quality SS lines that are true commercial grade.

Thank you in advance.

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-12-2015, 01:42 PM   #2

Check out this thread. It has links to all the major TPMS systems.

Quality TPMS

Old 12-12-2015, 02:04 PM   #3

Winnebago Owners Club
We have a Tire Minder system. We monitor 14 tires. The system has saved us once so far.

Good product and very good service after sale.
Old 12-12-2015, 03:47 PM   #4

One thing to be aware of is that the data from the sensors themselves is not real time. Depending on the system, it only transmits data every 5 minutes or so UNLESS the data exceeds the limits built into the sensor. The settings on the display unit do not change the triggers in the sensors.

Also, if the display unit misses a data transmission, there is no immediate warning (at least on the systems I have researched in detail). It may be several tens of minutes when your display is showing the last data received. It the internal trip points are exceeded, first the sensor boosts its power setting and immediately starts sending updates.

Point being, a display showing all of your tires is still going to suffer from data lag by the sensor design.
jrusselltx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2015, 03:57 PM   #5

Fleetwood Owners Club
Pressure Pro you have to manually push a button to go from one to the last one.
Tire position that is being checked shows the location & Pressure when using manual button.
Non show on the monitor when working unless one goes low then a alarm and flashing pressure shows on the monitor.
Triker56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2015, 06:21 PM   #6

How about the stainless braided hoses? Is there a high grade commercial brand? So many chinese knock offs... I know these tires get hot. I would hate to put on a new tpms and new hoses only to have a hose blow out....

Right now I have new tires on new brass valves but they are very hard to reach with hub caps on the rear duals....

?
Old 12-12-2015, 07:45 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonykeys View Post
How about the stainless braided hoses? Is there a high grade commercial brand? So many chinese knock offs... I know these tires get hot. I would hate to put on a new tpms and new hoses only to have a hose blow out....

Right now I have new tires on new brass valves but they are very hard to reach with hub caps on the rear duals....

?

Try one of these systems. Then you only need one TPMS sensor for the duals.

Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByiRV2 - RV Forum1449971117.549957.jpg
Views:	66
Size:	157.7 KB
ID:	114009
Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByiRV2 - RV Forum1449971134.769341.jpg
Views:	64
Size:	168.0 KB
ID:	114010
Old 12-14-2015, 05:22 AM   #8

I'm not sure I want to join both tires with a system to balance air pressure...

I'm only needing them because with ss hubcaps the oval holes are too small for adding or checking sir pressures...

How many RVs are using some type of flex stainless steel hose on their rear duals?
Old 12-14-2015, 07:30 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonykeys View Post
I'm not sure I want to join both tires with a system to balance air pressure...

I'm only needing them because with ss hubcaps the oval holes are too small for adding or checking sir pressures...

How many RVs are using some type of flex stainless steel hose on their rear duals?
I would recommend AGAINST getting braided flex extensions. They will leak-- just a matter of when and then it's usually not at a good time. Look at Borg stems-- they are 1 piece and made to fit properly. Expensive, but so is a ruined tire and body damage from the carcass.
Old 12-14-2015, 07:45 AM   #10

The problem with braided hoses come is two modes.

The first style is the valve core is removed and installed in the end of the braided hose. Now the hose is holding the tire pressure and a wear through will cause a tire failure.

The second style leaves the valve core in place and uses a plastic push rod to activate the valve core. Too long and the valve core may not fully lose when a cap is put on the extension hose. Or too short and the valve core cannot be activated.

Metal extensions are the best.

Often the problem of filling the inner dual is an issue with the air chuck. Many low cost chucks have an angled end to filling the inner and out tire. The angle makes it difficult, if not impossible, to fill the inner dual. Example

The proper air chuck has the end for the inner dual straight from the shaft. The end for the outer tire can be at an angle or parallel to the shaft depending on the angle of the valve stem. Examples
Lots of RV Information at www.dmbruss.com
Dale & Mark Bruss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2015, 08:00 AM   #11

Do not get extensions - get one piece extended valve stems. My extensions - even though they were quality ones - causes me a lot of problems. Get the one piece valve stems here:

Dually Valves - Inner Dually Stems
Old 12-14-2015, 08:12 AM   #12

As far as TPMS systems go I have used both the Doran and the Pressure Pro systems. The Doran for several years on my Truck/TT combo, and now the Pressure Pro on my MH. Both seem to operate in the same fashion, your must cycle through the screen to highlight the individual tires. As far as any delay in their reporting problems, the Doran handled no less than six blowouts, all of which I heard a slight "pop" followed immediately by the alarm. I haven't incurred any tire failures while using the PP system, hopefully it will be never be tested but I feel it should react as quickly.
I've also used the S/S extenders on both rigs and while I had a couple of slight leaks over the years I have no issue using them. They are the generic ones I got online or from Camping world. I'm not sure how many manufacturers there are to choose from.
falconman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2015, 08:37 AM   #13

Newmar Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Quote:
Originally Posted by ludmilla View Post
do not get extensions - get one piece extended valve stems. My extensions - even though they were quality ones - causes me a lot of problems. Get the one piece valve stems here:

dually valves - inner dually stems
IMHO...
Old 12-14-2015, 08:39 AM   #14

We have used the Dicor SS extensions for our rear tires for the last 12 years. They were installed when we bought the coach new, and have been changed over to the new tires when they were installed. One of them developed a slow leak after the last set of tires were installed, which was found during my pressure check which is done every morning before hitting the road. A new "o-ring" fixed the leak and it hasn't given us any problems since.
We had the Wheelmasters on one of our previous coaches. They gave us lots of problems and were discarded after a few trips.
We have never had the pressure sensors, so can't help you there.
Good Luck,
Indiana Journey