Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-29-2014, 06:38 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ray,IN View Post
A woman on the escapees.com-RV accessories for sale forum, has a brand-new PressurePro system for sale, including10 sensors, for $500. This model will monitor up to 34 sensors.
I was interested but my financial adviser advised against buying_.
IMO this is the best TPMS marketed today, and made in the U.S.A.

At retail that's about $180 off. I would want to know how old it is to be sure it has the new style O rings & posts. If your are in the market go for it.

Steve Ownby
Full time since '07

Steve Ownby is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-29-2014, 06:59 PM   #16

Pressure Pro can also be interfaced to a VMSpec system off you are using one. Interface box is a bit spendy but pretty cool

spinn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2014, 07:19 PM   #17

Winnebago Owners Club
TPMS System

I must admit, I don't get it. I don't have a TPMS, never will. I check my tire pressures but have never had to top them off more than once a year. I run Michelen's at 105 psi and they stay there. Only time they ever go down is in the fall when the temp. drops.

Seems to me if you're constantly monitoring that gauge you'll see some fluctuations due to temperature and running conditions, but completely unnecessary to refill and let out air, IMO.

Same with my cars. I wonder why your tires keep losing pressure? Mine don't, never have.

Cheers!
Old 11-29-2014, 07:26 PM   #18

Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by alpha99 View Post
I must admit, I don't get it. I don't have a TPMS, never will. I check my tire pressures but have never had to top them off more than once a year. I run Michelen's at 105 psi and they stay there. Only time they ever go down is in the fall when the temp. drops.

Seems to me if you're constantly monitoring that gauge you'll see some fluctuations due to temperature and running conditions, but completely unnecessary to refill and let out air, IMO.

Same with my cars. I wonder why your tires keep losing pressure? Mine don't, never have.

Cheers!
alpha99: A TPMS is not used to service the tires but to monitor them in case one damages a tire while in transit. Should this happen the TPMS will alert the driver so corrective action can be taken - this can be a life saver.
jones47172 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2014, 07:27 PM   #19

Quote:

Cheers!

A TPMS is only secondarily about checking static pressures. You will understand their value if you have a puncture on the road on one of your drive axle duels.

Yes, the tire pressures fluctuate while on the road but the TPMS doesn't alarm until a certain % under or over inflation is reached.

Steve Ownby
Full time since '07
Steve Ownby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2014, 07:33 PM   #20

Tiffin Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:

Cheers!
I agree.

I keep reading about people with the TPM systems having blowouts without any warning from the units.

Jon
2013 Chevy Spark Dinghy
jfran304 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2014, 07:35 PM   #21

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Before I had a TPMS, I would check my tires right before we moved each time. We were parked in the back of an RV Park in Canada and every tire was checked before we pulled out. I made an unplanned stop in the front of the Park (wife wanted to go in the little store) so I walked around the RV and Toad checking everything again. I had a flat tire on the Toad, picked up a nail in that short drive. I am convinced I would have destroyed a tire and rim if I hadn't made that unplanned stop.

I bought a TPMS as soon as we got back home.

UFO Pilot is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2014, 07:56 PM   #22

I run TST flow thru sensors. Had to add extenders to the inner valve stems.
My Forest River FR3 doesn't have a spare or spare carrier. There is space for it under the pass thru storage but not crank down lift. . It bugs me not to have a spare. Not that I could change it myself anyway. I'd like to buy a spare and carry it rimless. I have GS roadside (whatever they call the middle plan).

Wondering will roadside from either GS or Coachnet be able to mount a rimless tire in the field ? IE. Are there tire mounting machines on those big tow rigs? Or do they just tow you to the nearest tire service location, ? My thought process is having my own spare would allow me to buy a matching tire at at a better price at home and having it with me might save the time of finding one in east bum-fork.

Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByiRV2 - RV Forum1417312273.408493.jpg
Views:	188
Size:	302.3 KB
ID:	80227

Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByiRV2 - RV Forum1417312289.894769.jpg
Views:	187
Size:	209.1 KB
ID:	80228
Old 11-29-2014, 08:04 PM   #23
RV Nut

Newmar Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
TPMS System

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfran304 View Post
I agree.

I keep reading about people with the TPM systems having blowouts without any warning from the units.

Jon

Sounds like FUD. That's the purpose of a TPMS. To provide warning of unusual changes of pressure while riding down the road so that you can quickly pull over before massive damage or worse occurs.

2015 Newmar Ventana 4037 - All Electric
2012 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon TOAD
newmarpusher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2014, 08:43 PM   #24

Tiffin Owners Club
We are on our fourth motor home. I never had Tpms on the other three but I have it on this one. We were in the car leaving the Eastern shore of Maryland headed for the Chesapeake Bay bridge on a rainy night. About 10 miles from the bridge the Tpms (GM factory installed) sounded an alert for low tire. It was the right front. It was only showing 22 psi. It calls for 35 psi. I pulled in to the next service station where I found a nail in the tire. The service station plugged the tire so I could get home. Without the Tpms I would have possibly been broken down on the bridge.

The next day I ordered the TST system for the coach. We have put about 12000 miles on the coach since I installed the system and I will never be without one again. It give me total peace of mind. I wired to the ignition side of the key and now I start up the coach and by the time I get everything else ready I can check the pressure.

It all depends on what you want to spend your money on. For me peace of mind and the added safety for my family made it money well spent.
Old 11-29-2014, 08:46 PM   #25

I have the eez works great
Old 11-29-2014, 09:48 PM   #26
RV Nut

Newmar Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
TPMS System

Quote:
Originally Posted by Technorick View Post
I run TST flow thru sensors. Had to add extenders to the inner valve stems.

If may make a suggestion. Rather that use those braided extenders and add another point of possible failure, you might want to install a set of "DUALLY VALVE" extended valve stems.

http://yourtireshopsupply.com/catego...torhomes-buses

I've put them on my last two MH's and was thrilled to see they are standard on my newly ordered 2015 Newmar Ventana.

2015 Newmar Ventana 4037 - All Electric
2012 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon TOAD
newmarpusher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2014, 10:26 PM   #27

[QUOTE=Technorick;2328818]I run TST flow thru sensors. Had to add extenders to the inner valve stems.

Wondering will roadside from either GS or Coachnet be able to mount a rimless tire in the field ?

HDT repair trucks have hand tools to manually mount/dismount truck tires. This is one reason to impress on the ERS phone person that you have an unmounted truck tire as a spare. Usually the ERS does not cover this, so it is on your own to pay that tab.
2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA 1SG, retired;PPA,Good Sam Life member,FMCA."We the people are the rightful masters of both the Congress and the Courts - not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow men who pervert the Constitution. "Abraham Lincoln"
Ray,IN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2014, 11:44 PM   #28

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
I've also been using the TST system for 2.5 years, coach and toad- 10 flow-through sensors. Good system, great people.

JFXG is offline   Reply With Quote