Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-15-2014, 04:59 PM   #57

Monaco Owners Club
Bought ours from EEZRV Products 12 sensors which includes our toad.
Simple set up and the batteries in the sensors ARE replaceable...some are not & require you buy new sensors.
We Love it!

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-16-2014, 08:08 AM   #58
Commercial Member

RE "True-Blowout" questions.
If we eliminate failures due to overload and/or underinflation
and
if we eliminate failures due to punctures & cuts to the tread or sidewall
My experience says that the failure rate of tires due to sudden loss of air is less than 1 in 100,000 and probably closer to 1 in 1,000,000 and even in those cases it takes a special set of circumstances which present visual symptoms easily diagnosed by the average driver if they were to look at their tires at least once a month.

Bottom line. Sudden explosion with rapid loss of air simply does not happen without external cause and/or visible symptoms providing advance warning.

The above is based on my experience of performing 20,000+ failed tire "autopsies".

TPMS is best bang for the buck in providing advance warning of the most likely form of tire "blowout".

Old 12-16-2014, 08:17 AM   #59
RV Nut

Newmar Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tireman9 View Post
RE "True-Blowout" questions.
If we eliminate failures due to overload and/or underinflation
and
if we eliminate failures due to punctures & cuts to the tread or sidewall
My experience says that the failure rate of tires due to sudden loss of air is less than 1 in 100,000 and probably closer to 1 in 1,000,000 and even in those cases it takes a special set of circumstances which present visual symptoms easily diagnosed by the average driver if they were to look at their tires at least once a month.

Bottom line. Sudden explosion with rapid loss of air simply does not happen without external cause and/or visible symptoms providing advance warning.

The above is based on my experience of performing 20,000+ failed tire "autopsies".

TPMS is best bang for the buck in providing advance warning of the most likely form of tire "blowout".

Thanks Tireman9,

That brings some real data and experience into the discussion.

Tires just don't usually blow up for no reason. A TPMS and regular visual inspection will warn you in advance of the most common causes of blowouts.

2015 Newmar Ventana 4037 - All Electric
2012 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon TOAD
newmarpusher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2014, 09:49 PM   #60

I bought the TST system in Oct but due to some health problems just got around to installing it. One of the sensors was allowing air to escape so I call the office this morning and talked to Debbie. told her the problem and she told me to return the sensor and she would get me a replacement.
No questions no hassles.
Thanks TST!
Newmar Hoots looking for a roost
Bill Hunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2014, 12:15 AM   #61

I bought a TST 507 for my old coach, and had a tough time trying to read it on the road. I had it mounted on top of the dash, where it was easy to see. It got so that I never bothered to try to read it, I just listened for an alarm.

I thought it was supposed to have an automatic backlight, but I have never seen the screen intensity change.

Are all of them that difficult to see, or could there be a problem with mine?
Old 12-17-2014, 04:59 PM   #62
Commercial Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by quadder View Post
I bought a TST 507 for my old coach, and had a tough time trying to read it on the road. I had it mounted on top of the dash, where it was easy to see. It got so that I never bothered to try to read it, I just listened for an alarm.

I thought it was supposed to have an automatic backlight, but I have never seen the screen intensity change.

Don't know about the TST 507 but my TireTrakker system is no problem to read.
Old 12-21-2014, 10:20 PM   #63

Quote:
Originally Posted by quadder View Post

The TST507 has a light sensor, and will turn on the back lighting when it senses loss of light. If you want the back light feature on during daylight, just place a small piece of tape over the light sensor. This will make it easier to read.

Fred
Old 12-22-2014, 09:53 PM   #64

Fleetwood Owners Club
American Coach Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Quote:
Originally Posted by newmarpusher View Post
Tires just don't usually blow up for no reason. A TPMS and regular visual inspection will warn you in advance of the most common causes of blowouts.
I Totally agree!

Merry Christmas everybody.

Regards,

Ed
2000 American Eagle. DS.DP. 40' 350HP ISC. 4 Koni's, 1200W. Solar, EMS, Compost Toilet, LED Lighting, TPMS, Scangauge, + 5'x11' ToyTrailer = Garage =Toolshed = Boathouse = Spare bedroom = Looking for a bigger one!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
RVingDutchman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2014, 08:07 PM   #65
Commercial Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by newmarpusher View Post
Thanks Tireman9,

That brings some real data and experience into the discussion.

Agree.

RE Visual inspection. Many seem to incorrectly believe that a walk around look at their tires is sufficient. I have a post that explains a good and reasonably thorough way for the owner to do an annual inspection of their tires. So unless you happen to have an X-Ray or Holographic inspection machine sitting in the corner of your garage you might want to review my suggested process.
Old 12-24-2014, 11:01 AM   #66
RV Nut

Newmar Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tireman9 View Post
Agree.

RE Visual inspection. Many seem to incorrectly believe that a walk around look at their tires is sufficient. I have a post that explains a good and reasonably thorough way for the owner to do an annual inspection of their tires. So unless you happen to have an X-Ray or Holographic inspection machine sitting in the corner of your garage you might want to review my suggested process.

Tireman9,

The link to your post is broken. Would love to check it out. Thanks.

2015 Newmar Ventana 4037 - All Electric
2012 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon TOAD
newmarpusher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2014, 01:31 PM   #67

Winnebago Owners Club
I have the TST system. Just installed it a few months ago. I had one valve sensor that would not allow the tire to be charged. The company replaced it without question.

Setting the limits to fit your application is essential. The directions seem too wordy and complicated for what you actually need to do. Because my tires start at 110# cold my high pressure alarm is now set to 132#. Since the initial install I have not traveled that many miles with the system so I am still getting used to understanding it.

I had a blowout on my last motorhome and it did a lot of damage to the rig. I want to avoid that from happening again so I think this system is a great way to go. Always follow the rule of thumb correctly; check your tires cold and without the sun shining on them. Do this frequently when traveling. Inspect the tires often for road damage. Replace them after 5 to 7 years, depending on side wall condition. I don't think we can put enough miles on to wear out the tread.
Rick & Melissa Young & Dawson, 2011 Itasca Meridian 40U, Freightliner XCL, Cummins ISL 380HP/DEF, Allison 3000 MH, 2014 Honda CR-V, SMI AF1, Blue Ox tow equip., TST 507 TPMS, TruCenter steering control, Hughes auto transformer.
Servants On Wheels Ever Ready. Best job we ever paid to do . (full time volunteers)
jerichorick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2014, 01:12 PM   #68

Monaco Owners Club
If you have any questions please call us at 770-889-9102 we are open daily until midnight.