Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-16-2016, 04:37 PM   #29

Newmar Owners Club
Tiffin Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amgage View Post
We just bought a 17 Bounder and in my research I bought the EEZRV TPMS thinking it would be a great safety feature. It arrives and my husband says to and it back, I have not done so, lol. He is a mechanic, and is not a fan of putting a sensor on the valve, and feels it can do more damage than good. Please help this divided house by giving your opinions on this topic please.
I have no intention of going without TPMS on my coach. Too much at stake. Very expensive tires and a low tire undetected could be disastrous. Yes, you can always hit something in the road and have a sudden blowout. No preventing that. Not sure I can see a TPMS system doing damage. Just be sure you screw the sensors on tightly, be sure you have metal valve stems.
jt
JT, Em & the boys, Kong & Baxter (rescued grey tabbies)
harleyjt is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-16-2016, 05:46 PM   #30

Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amgage View Post
We just bought a 17 Bounder and in my research I bought the EEZRV TPMS thinking it would be a great safety feature. It arrives and my husband says to and it back, I have not done so, lol. He is a mechanic, and is not a fan of putting a sensor on the valve, and feels it can do more damage than good. Please help this divided house by giving your opinions on this topic please.
I think the non-flow through sensors are small enough that you don't have to worry about the forces on your valve stems. It is not an issue on the coach because it should have metal stems. But on the toad, I wouldn't use a flow through because of the force on the rubber valve stems.

I have 4000 miles on my coach and toad with the sensors on all wheels. Absolutely no problems.
montyhp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2016, 04:53 AM   #31

Tiffin Owners Club
We have 30,000 plus miles on the TST non flow thru sensors and no valve stem problems.
dabrooks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2016, 07:27 AM   #32

Ford Super Duty Owner
I have the EEZTIRE 515 TPMS and been satisfied with it. Here's the web site for a 10 tire monitor system:

TPMS SYSTEM (10 SENSOR)

The EEZTIRE system is fairly easy to set up, I maybe spent an hour from box opening to finish. I then had a local RV Tech mount the bracket to the dash & hardwired the unit to the ignition. Looks good & works well.

I haven't seen any "do not buy" stories on any of the TPMS, so you might just look around for sales on the internet.

Happy camping y'all!

Dave
Caswelld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2016, 12:00 PM   #33

EEZRV very happy with the system, I have it on a 40' diesel pusher with a tag, also tow a Jeep Wrangler Unlimited. I have flow through sensors on the coach and non flow through on the Jeep. I got and extender with the system however I don't need it, works fine without extender. One of the features I liked most about this system is the screen is easy to read and understand.
Larry Young is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2016, 12:03 PM   #34

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Our tireminder TM66 is doing great with our 12 tires. I did get the sensors designed for a Towed vehicle for my toad vehicle, and I did install the booster in the very back.
Atom Ant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2016, 10:07 PM   #35

So, is the general concensus that there are no issues using the TST non-flow thru sensors on rubber valve stems of your toad? I am looking to do this with a Wrangler Unlimited.
pilotspike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2016, 06:14 AM   #36

Entegra Owners Club
Send a message via MSN to KennyGolub
Add me to the EEZRV TPMS users. I had the TireMinder, but like the EEZ MUCH better.
KennyGolub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2016, 06:49 AM   #37

Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by pilotspike View Post
So, is the general concensus that there are no issues using the TST non-flow thru sensors on rubber valve stems of your toad? I am looking to do this with a Wrangler Unlimited.
That's what I have on my Wrangler. They look like big valve stem caps. You really don't notice them.

ONE OTHER THING....before you buy make sure you like the display. The EEZTIRE T515 is very read able. It just cycles thru each tire on the screen & displays temp and pressure in large readable numbers .

"EEZRV Products" is the company, EEZTIRE T515 is one of their TPMSs.
Caswelld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2016, 07:29 AM   #38

Ford Super Duty Owner
I'm monitoring the Toad and Acme dolly only (4 wheels). I have transmitters in the 2 rear wheels of my Camry and the two wheels of the Acme dolly.

I'm using a Schrader TPMS retrofit kit (the wired version)

Dolly / TOAD Tire Pressure Monitoring System (TPMS) | 2001 Coachmen Mirada 300QB

Waiter21 is offline   Reply With Quote