Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2
Old 05-15-2012, 05:51 AM   #29
Texas Boomers Club
Do unto others.........(except I'd probably black out my personal info)

Don't forget to turn off the water before you head out on a trip!

GoodTimes is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-15-2012, 06:03 AM   #30
Newmar Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
When we pruchased our previous coach we had all the records from the original owner. I added everything I had done to the coach in keeping those records up and included them when we let the coach go. Our new to us coach came with records as well and as with our previous coach I maintain these documents as well. I believe inclucing them with the sale are a good idea. JMHO

Steve & Sally / HiTee & Hudson Our Little Poms / Heidi & Houston Forever in our Hearts
04 NEWMAR MACA 3778 W22 / 05 PT Vert
Michigan (Summer) Florida (Winter)
Steve N Sal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2012, 08:21 AM   #31
I delivered my 5er to the new owner and even gave him a P(ost)DI.

Another reason the dealer doesn't want you to know who the PO was is so you don't find out how much they made on the deal.

I asked dealer if he would contact the PO to find out if there were any documents that they may have forgotten to leave with the MH. He didn't hesitate and said he already did. Just the way he quickly answered told me he was telling less than the truth.
2004 32' National Sea Breeze 1311 Class A on a F-53 Chassis, CHF, TST TPMS, 5Star Tune.
If Dunner (RVM23) can't fix it, it ain't broke!
Cheap Handling Fix Poll. Click Here to vote?
Dunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2012, 02:30 PM   #32
Originally Posted by ga traveler View Post
I have always left records with my old units with no problems. I think it is the right thing to do.
Same here...why keep them, they are no good to you once it's sold.
2008 AC Allegiance 42G, Spartan, ISL
hooverbill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2012, 02:43 PM   #33
Each of the units I have bought had service information. You never really know if you got all of them but having them is helpful. I pass all info on to the next guy. The dealer(s) I've used showed the packet to me.

When I read the info I found out that I was the third owner. All three of us bought it from the same dealer.
Tom Wilds
Blythewood SC
2016 Newmar Bay Star Sport 3004
wildtoad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2012, 07:29 PM   #34
Monaco Owners Club
I always leave records and all manuals etc.
Tony, Nancy & Abby the pooch 2011 40'Monaco Knight PDQ Maxxforce 10 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited
AGP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2012, 07:56 PM   #35

Monaco Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
I would leave all records, but as many others, I would remove my name or account numbers. I would want the next owner to know, like I knew how the vehicle was maintained.
40 FT--330HP CAT
2 SLIDES-TOAD 2012 focus
Fulltime-Home is where we park it.
Davdeb1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2012, 11:03 AM   #36
Fleetwood Owners Club
American Coach Owners Club
Originally Posted by AGP View Post
I always leave records and all manuals etc.
Same here.
2014 American Eagle 45T
DD 500
Pulling a Honda CRV
Cat320 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2012, 11:28 AM   #37
Personally, I enjoy talking with people at the many RV parks/resorts about their MH and how they work or don't work. I have been asked at a FlyingJ by a new owner how to use the dump. It was their first experience. With no one else in line, we spent a good 40 minutes doing explainations of things the dealer should have told them...then again, with the excitement of a new MH, maybe they were not listening.
I would leave as much literature and history as is prudent, removing only credit card numbers or cell phone numbers. If a new owner needs assistance, why not help. If they become a bother, tell them they are bothering you and ask that they reduce their questions...nicely.
After all, we follow this website to give assistance and opinions to others. We get private messages. If bothered we just ignore or offer the briefest of replies.
Happy Trails.
kalynzoo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2012, 02:43 PM   #38
I keep folders of maintenance, repairs, & modifications on all my vehices, they always go with them when I sell something, along with a list of sources for parts, and any spares I have.
But when I bought my current motorhome it was from a crook of a dealer, ($3,000. worth of lies) and I didn't do my homework but it all worked out in the end, it was emptied out except for the owners manuals that I found behind the sofa, but when they mailed the title to me it had the name of the original owner, the dealer he traded it in to and the dealer I bought it from, I Googled the owners name and called and left a message, he called me and gave me LOTS of great details about it, told me he had left all the receipts, air & water hoses, leveler blocks, a ladder and all the little items you accumulate over the years, but what made my day was that he told me they had replaced the engine 3,000 miles before I bought it, I had wondered about that because it seemed odd for a 22 year old engine to still have paper stickers and engine info detail stickers from the Ford factory, that would of been a very positive selling point if the 2nd dealer had known it, someone threw the paperwork out before looking through the stack.
One funny note is mine has a built-in fireproof safe in the floor, I asked if he knew the combination and he said he wrote it on a piece of paper and put it inside the safe, but someone spun the dial so now I need a safecracker.
1990 34' Hawkins Motor Coach, Oshkosh/460 Ford EFI. '97 Subaru Impreza 5 speed towd, NorthEast Alabama.
Manuel B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2012, 03:01 PM   #39
My used unit came with all the manuals and the major repair and maintenance records and I have been more than pleased. It showed that the transmission had been replaced just a few miles prior to my purchase. The next (?) owner will get all of his and mine. BTW--I thought of contacting the previous owner, but did not. Jerry H
fishfryer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2012, 04:10 PM   #40
Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
When tradeing in a motor home you should do a few things records wise.

First make a copy of the records and leave it with the motor home. That way the new owner can figure out what has been done (Assuming the dealer gives them the copies) then take the originals and file it in your personal file.. That way if someone says "YOU DID NOT DO THIS thing you should have.... And files a complaint, you have the records to prove you did take care of that problem.

Home is where I park it!
wa8yxm is offline   Reply With Quote