Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-26-2014, 05:19 PM   #1

Trailer for trike and toad

[B]I recently saw a MH towing a Harley trike and a toad. Unfortunately it was going in the opposite direction and I was unable to see how it was designed. We would like to have our Harley trike along with us as well as our jeep. Any ideas or examples of trailers that could be custom built. I know I could use a large cargo trailer, but that's not what I'm interested in. Thanks.
Rogerm60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-26-2014, 05:57 PM   #2
Moderator Emeritus

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
No need to custom build...several companies make "Tandem Car Dollies"

Of course you need to have a car that can be towed on a dolly (like AWD's are usually no good for this):
See:
Tandem Tow Dolly
or
RV Tow Dolly | Haul your cars, trucks, Golf Carts, ATVs & motorcycles.
or
Landgrebe Mfg. Inc.

Flat towing (like for a Jeep) behind a bumper pull trailer/dolly is typically considered prohibited. So, a trailer for the trike and Jeep might be required.

Best luck
Kim and Steve, Mustang LCDR (USCG Ret), Outlaw #1193
https://www.irv2.com/attachments/signaturepics/sigpic84535_7.gif
WE LOVE OUR OUTLAW RV
Scarab0088 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2014, 06:07 PM   #3

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Check this out too.

Motorcycle Carrier | Motorcycle Lift | Motorcycle Trailer | RV | Pickup Truck | Motorhome
06 Hurricane 34FT WH W20 Chassis 8.1L 132K, Steersafe, Koni Shocks, DIY Trac Bar, Tri-Metric 2025RV Battery Monitor, 4-6V Batteries, Scan Gauge 2, Crossfires, 735W Solar Morningstar MPPT-60, WG T4 In-Motion Sat, XM Radio, 07 Chevy Malibu Maxx Toad, Falcon 2, Brake Buddy, Escapee
mgscott4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2014, 07:16 PM   #4

Monaco Owners Club
Pj20 split deck will do the job. And it tilts so no need for ramps for the jeep.
All setup with brakes and all.
Oh you put the trike on cross ways.

Olympic Trailer and Truck, Inc. - Serving the entire South Puget Sound Area

Part way down the page. Others make this same type of trailer.
I have the one with no deck and with I had gone with the deck.

LEN
Old 11-27-2014, 07:25 AM   #5

Fleetwood Owners Club
How long is your Trike? You should be able to fit both on a standard car hauler trailer. We have 24ft hauler and there is a lot of room in front of our jeep where we carry our bikes. If you got a 26 or 28 ft hauler, you would probably be fine.
DegoRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2014, 07:28 AM   #6

Newmar Owners Club
I could not imagine hauling my Harley on a open trailer behind a Motorcoach........or even a lift for that matter also...........sure is dirty back there.........
Old 11-27-2014, 05:32 PM   #7

We solved the same dilemma with the intended purchase before the purchase of the MH of a combination toad and trike hauler...a Nissan NV2500 high roof commercial van. The HD trike fits perfectly in the cargo area of the van and we haul both with a Blue Ox system. We had to get the van's driveshaft modified to tow it 4 wheels down, but it works and so far we have been the envy of other park patrons when we pull out the trike from the bowels of the van. A simple winch system installation and a set of ramps and extender pads and we're good to go...just slightly over the overall combination limit of 65 feet, but I think I can talk my way out of a stop by the highway patrol if i should get stopped. Was considering the trailer angle before we stumbled on the above solution, but the overall length of the trailer was not feasible to do behind a 42' MH. If the overall length issue presents a dilemma as it did us, you might want to consider looking into the hydraulic over and under trailer although it might present more problems than it's worth. Good luck with your fix.

Tags
toad