Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-22-2013, 11:03 PM   #141

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlennLever View Post
I have a facebook account but have no idea how to use it?
Quote:
Originally Posted by zmotorsports View Post
Not a facebook user here.

Thanks anyway though.

Mike.
I had one and did a remove or whatever, but I still get email notifications from somebody I don't even know. Probably a friend of a friend of a friend that I do know.

Dunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-23-2013, 06:17 AM   #142

Holiday Rambler Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by zmotorsports View Post
Not a facebook user here. Thanks anyway though. Mike.
We have over 100 members on the Facebook IRV2 Chatters page..why because the chat room on here was only used for one hour each night ...we post many pictures, ask for help just like here but response is quicker and it's a private room...only members can see posts
Old 11-23-2013, 06:33 AM   #143
New to the RV World

Vintage RV Owners Club
American Coach Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blacknchrome View Post
Look up IRV2 chatters...or send me an e mail with your name and I will try to hook you up..
Mine is Bill Vervaeke

Attachment 50561
I was expecting the forum to fulfill this roll, I really do not want to learn another computer "skill"
GlennLever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2013, 06:38 AM   #144

Holiday Rambler Owners Club
Quote:
I was expecting the forum to fulfill this roll, I really do not want to learn another computer "skill"
not a problem
Old 11-24-2013, 07:40 AM   #145

This is my 2003 38' Revolution with a Hydrya lift, towing my 20' enclosed. works great
Tim 2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2013, 10:34 AM   #146

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim 2007 View Post
forgot to place message this is my 2003 38' Revolution with a Hydrya lift, towing my 20' enclosed. works great
Nice looking setup.

Mike.
zmotorsports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2013, 09:54 PM   #147
New to the RV World

Vintage RV Owners Club
Just put a deposit on a custom Vintage Outlaw trailer (24 foot with lots of options and color to match the MH) to be used to haul the Jeep when traveling (not racing) I should have it for the trip for Florida in the spring to go watch the Gator Nationals in Gainesville.

Gainesville Raceway News: 2014 Gatornationals

Vintage Trailers Racing Trailers

On another topic a friend of mine told me tonight that while traveling in Ohio they now have EZPass, and they weigh each axle when you go through. It turned out he was over weight on his rear axle (Renegade MH with Renegade Stacker Trailer) The gate came down and stopped him from proceeding. We got side tracked talking about the Gator Nationals and I forgot to get back to what happened after the gate came down.

Anyone else had this problem?
Old 12-02-2013, 10:43 PM   #148

National RV Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Just put a deposit on a custom Vintage Outlaw trailer (24 foot with lots of options and color to match the MH) to be used to haul the Jeep when traveling (not racing) I should have it for the trip for Florida in the spring to go watch the Gator Nationals in Gainesville.

Gainesville Raceway News: 2014 Gatornationals

Vintage Trailers Racing Trailers

On another topic a friend of mine told me tonight that while traveling in Ohio they now have EZPass, and they weigh each axle when you go through. It turned out he was over weight on his rear axle (Renegade MH with Renegade Stacker Trailer) The gate came down and stopped him from proceeding. We got side tracked talking about the Gator Nationals and I forgot to get back to what happened after the gate came down.

Anyone else had this problem?
The weight pads must be pretty far in front of the toll booth and gate. For me, with a 32' RV, I am mostly through the toll booth lane before my car trailer makes it into the booth lane ... certainly far enough through to prevent a gate from coming down.
2Labs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2013, 06:06 AM   #149

Vintage RV Owners Club
I have heard of this before, the gates stopping the rig.
Most of the single rear axle motor homes and truck conversions (big white trucks) are overloading the rear suspension and tires to the point that they are legally overweight. This can result in a verbal scolding (go home and fix it), a fine or even being "taken out of service" which means you have to find someone to come get the trailer for you.

The simplest and safest way to "keep the tongue weight of the trailer" off the coach of the Trailer Toad. The Trailer Toad carries the weight of the trailer and none is transferred to the coach.

At toll booths you may have to pay for an extra axle but you are not overweight on the coach.

Easiest way to prevent the issue; weigh the coach at a truck stop. Go inside tell them you need front axle and rear axle weights and trailer weight axles weight. )If you want to take a few minutes, ask them if you can unhook the trailer on the scale so just the tongue jack is sitting on the scale and get a 'tongue weight" reading.

Be safe out there and if you have any questions about using a Trailer Toad with your motor home, truck camper or pickup just give me a call or shoot us an email: jok@trailertoad.com

The truck camper in this photo had a 4' hitch extension and 1200 lbs tongue weight, with the Toad, no tongue weight and zero sway.
The coach with the stacker is the Trailer Toad traveling display. 19,000 lb trailer with 2140 lbs tongue weight. The actual rear wheel weight went up on 48 pounds with the trailer attached, we weighed it one day at a Flying J CAT scale.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	KurtToadinDesert.jpg
Views:	520
Size:	244.0 KB
ID:	51170   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0093.jpg
Views:	526
Size:	414.9 KB
ID:	51171  

Old 12-03-2013, 07:04 AM   #150

Trailer Toad looks like it would be great for helping better distribute the axle weights. Just keep in mind that your coach has other weight limits such as Gross Combined Weight Rating, Maximum Hitch Weight, and Maximum Tongue Weight.

I'm pretty sure the Cross Country pictured with a GCWR of 33,000 pounds is grossly over weight with the 19,000 pound stacker.
ImagineIF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2013, 07:49 AM   #151

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrailerToad1 View Post
I have heard of this before, the gates stopping the rig.
Most of the single rear axle motor homes and truck conversions (big white trucks) are overloading the rear suspension and tires to the point that they are legally overweight. This can result in a verbal scolding (go home and fix it), a fine or even being "taken out of service" which means you have to find someone to come get the trailer for you.

The simplest and safest way to "keep the tongue weight of the trailer" off the coach of the Trailer Toad. The Trailer Toad carries the weight of the trailer and none is transferred to the coach.

At toll booths you may have to pay for an extra axle but you are not overweight on the coach.

Easiest way to prevent the issue; weigh the coach at a truck stop. Go inside tell them you need front axle and rear axle weights and trailer weight axles weight. )If you want to take a few minutes, ask them if you can unhook the trailer on the scale so just the tongue jack is sitting on the scale and get a 'tongue weight" reading.

Be safe out there and if you have any questions about using a Trailer Toad with your motor home, truck camper or pickup just give me a call or shoot us an email: jok@trailertoad.com

The truck camper in this photo had a 4' hitch extension and 1200 lbs tongue weight, with the Toad, no tongue weight and zero sway.
The coach with the stacker is the Trailer Toad traveling display. 19,000 lb trailer with 2140 lbs tongue weight. The actual rear wheel weight went up on 48 pounds with the trailer attached, we weighed it one day at a Flying J CAT scale.
How does that coach pull that stacker? What engine and coach weight? When we were contemplating a stacker before purchasing our 26' Haulmark Edge my biggest concern was not length, it was weight. I have the Cummins ISL and it moves the 36k pound coach around well and towed our 24' Wells Cargo trailer well but it only weighed around 8500 pounds loaded.

I know how I am and with a stacker I am sure I would have all the toys loaded up and be in excess of 18k pounds especially starting with a trailer weighing around 9k empty.

Currently our 26' Haulmark trailer weighs 10k with the sand toys and 12.5k with the Jeep and Harley and the coach still does well but I don't think I would be as happy with the coach with much more weight in tow. Currently I don't plan trips around mountain passes or grades like I did with our last coach and I love not having to be so selective on routes.

Mike.
zmotorsports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2013, 09:08 AM   #152

Country Coach Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by NHRA225 View Post
I've been running all over the country and DOT doesn't even look at me ( 64.5ft)
They won't ~ at least in CA. If you are under 65', you're good!
MarkofSJC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2013, 09:45 AM   #153
New to the RV World

Vintage RV Owners Club
I got to talk with my friend again that had the gate go down on him. When the toll attendant came over he pointed out that it was an RV with RV plates, and the gate was lifted and he was allowed to pass without any further questions.
Old 12-03-2013, 09:46 AM   #154

Monaco Owners Club
Ohio has been weighing axles for some time now.

However, it wasn't that long ago sometime this past summer that DOT has now changed the laws for the rear single axle maximum weight for motor-homes. It is now exempt from the national axle limit of 20,000 lbs. So Ohio will now have to allow motor-homes that exceed the single axle limit of 20,000 lbs. which mine does. I am currently at 23,378 lb's.

Dr4Film ----- Richard
Dr4Film is offline   Reply With Quote