Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-10-2014, 02:46 PM   #253

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clifftall View Post
That may even up when he airs up the suspension . Just guessing ( I don't have that ) .
Wouldn't make a difference as the distance between the top of the coach and the hitch won't change by the suspension changing.

It looks to be at ride height anyway though.

Either way that is a nice rig and I wouldn't mind towing it.

Mike.
zmotorsports is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-10-2014, 04:18 PM   #254

Quote:
Originally Posted by zmotorsports View Post
There it is. I wondered when you were going to chime in with your setup. I remember the thread you started a while back about towing a stacker trailer. It is nice to finally see it all hooked up. Looks great.

I remember someone asking what you were going to haul in it on the other thread but I don't remember ever hearing. What do you haul? Do you have the 650 hp ISX or the ISM engine? How does it handle/pull the trailer? What does your coach weigh and the trailer? Sorry about the questions, just like to compare weights and performance of various setups.

Mike.
I am surprised you remembered me !!

We haul classic cars to shows! Yes the coach has the 650 hp ISX (14.9L - 1950 ft lbs torque ). The trailer loaded is about 21K. Coach pulls it like it almost is not there. I can accelerate going up hill without an issue ! If you are familiar with the long grades up on 81 / 77 thru Virginia....This Coach pulling the trailer is amazing !
Old 01-10-2014, 04:20 PM   #255

Trailer , Motor Home height? Motor Home is 13' 1", Trailer is 13' 6".........good eye !
Old 01-10-2014, 04:25 PM   #256

Quote:
Originally Posted by zmotorsports View Post
Wouldn't make a difference as the distance between the top of the coach and the hitch won't change by the suspension changing.

It looks to be at ride height anyway though.

Either way that is a nice rig and I wouldn't mind towing it.

Mike.

Thanks Mike !! We love it !!
Old 01-24-2014, 02:05 PM   #257

2006 HR Scepter
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image-3168888621.jpg
Views:	388
Size:	509.4 KB
ID:	54572  
Escape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2014, 02:15 PM   #258
New to the RV World

Vintage RV Owners Club
American Coach Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Escape View Post
2006 HR Scepter
Those stacker trailers sure look nice behind a coach when they are painted to match, what's in the trailer?

My custom "Outlaw" trailer is supposed to be completed next week.
GlennLever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2014, 02:19 PM   #259

It's a 24ft. Pace. Holds the Jeep 4 door rubicon, kayaks, paddle boards, bikes and all the other necessary goodies!
Old 01-24-2014, 02:41 PM   #260

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
2006 HR Scepter
Great looking coach/trailer. Is your Sceptor powered by the Cummins ISL? How does it pull. What does your trailer weigh loaded ready to travel? Does your trailer have the four column lift or just extra height to carry your kayaks and paddle boards?

Mike.
Old 01-24-2014, 03:00 PM   #261

I'm running the Cummins 400 ISL. The trailer does not have the internal lift, just the height. When fully loaded with everything I'm just shy of 11,000 lbs. I have had the hitch reinforced, I use a load leveling hitch with anti sway. With the trailer height matching the motor home height I don't even feel it behind me. I can still run from Phoenix to NW Washington through the mountains and the Olympic Gorge with cross winds no problem. Granted it won't do 60 up the steep grades but out runs the semi's. I actually think I run better with the trailer attached.
Old 01-24-2014, 04:11 PM   #262

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
I'm running the Cummins 400 ISL. The trailer does not have the internal lift, just the height. When fully loaded with everything I'm just shy of 11,000 lbs. I have had the hitch reinforced, I use a load leveling hitch with anti sway. With the trailer height matching the motor home height I don't even feel it behind me. I can still run from Phoenix to NW Washington through the mountains and the Olympic Gorge with cross winds no problem. Granted it won't do 60 up the steep grades but out runs the semi's. I actually think I run better with the trailer attached.
Cool, good to hear. Similar setup here, although not as tall as your trailer, I had some extra height added when we ordered it. Forty-foot coach powered by the 400 hp ISL and weighs just over 36k pounds ready to travel and the trailer weights around 12,500 loaded with the Jeep and Harley for a total of around 49k pounds. Coach handles the weight and trailer beautifully. On the steep grades we just slowly creep past the semi trucks. Don't get me wrong, more power would be great but overall I am quite pleased with our little ISL.

Mike.
Old 02-01-2014, 06:09 PM   #263

Newmar Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
We will be getting our enclosed 24' trailer this coming week. We'll be hauling our RZR, Jeep and kayaks in it behind our MH. Wondering of others have painted or put some other type of protective finish on the floor? We plan to paint the plywood walls but wondered if there was something better than just paint for the floor. We live in SE South Dakota and so the temperatures will be extreme. We are mostly hoping to just make clean-up easier. Thanks for your input.
darcan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2014, 06:15 PM   #264
New to the RV World

Vintage RV Owners Club
American Coach Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by darcan View Post
We will be getting our enclosed 24' trailer this coming week. We'll be hauling our RZR, Jeep and kayaks in it behind our MH. Wondering of others have painted or put some other type of protective finish on the floor? We plan to paint the plywood walls but wondered if there was something better than just paint for the floor. We live in SE South Dakota and so the temperatures will be extreme. We are mostly hoping to just make clean-up easier. Thanks for your input.
One suggestion would be to go to a flooring company and see if they have some end run or material left on a roll of some sheet goods and have them install it on the floor of the trailer.

You can still get oil base paint if you tell the paint store you are going to use it on metal shelves other wise thay will want to sell you latex paint.

Our custom built Vintage Outlaw trailer was completed on Thursday and we will drive to Indiana Monday to pick it up.

Our first trip with it will be the end of this month to go to the Gaterationals in Gainsville Floridia. I hop the CJ-7 Jeep enjoys it's new home.

Pictures when we get back
GlennLever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2014, 06:42 AM   #265

Vintage RV Owners Club
I agree with Glenn, call a couple trailer manufacturers, they all offer "rubber coin floor option". It is a rubber floor covering, pretty much impervious to anything that can leak off a vehicle. Easy to install and you can glue it or lay it in and attach the corners or what ever suits you.

I like his idea of calling some flooring companies too. Around here, because we are so rural, I can't really think of a "flooring company" other then Menards or Home Depot.

I used Rustolem on my first trailer floor. It worked great but was pretty slippery when it got wet or my shoes were wet. I also had a trailer with vinyl floor covering...terrible choice in my experience. Cracked, the tires stained it and it starting coming loose in the second season.

Good luck,
Old 02-02-2014, 06:53 AM   #266

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrailerToad1 View Post
I agree with Glenn, call a couple trailer manufacturers, they all offer "rubber coin floor option". It is a rubber floor covering, pretty much impervious to anything that can leak off a vehicle. Easy to install and you can glue it or lay it in and attach the corners or what ever suits you.

I like his idea of calling some flooring companies too. Around here, because we are so rural, I can't really think of a "flooring company" other then Menards or Home Depot.

I used Rustolem on my first trailer floor. It worked great but was pretty slippery when it got wet or my shoes were wet. I also had a trailer with vinyl floor covering...terrible choice in my experience. Cracked, the tires stained it and it starting coming loose in the second season.

Good luck,
You could just have it sprayed with bed liner. Maybe the side walls also, in the color of your choosing.
KSCRUDE is offline   Reply With Quote