Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-03-2014, 08:04 AM   #267

Monaco Owners Club
Concerning the rubber coin flooring, personally I am not a fan. They have a tendency to move the floor around when vehicles are strapped down. A good friend of mine had the rubber floor for a short time but it ended up tearing and stretching in multiple places. With his sand rail strapped down and in the heat of the summer the rubber would move around in whichever direction the straps would take it. After unloading the rail, there were a couple of sections that had stretched and over the period of a couple of years he had several sections tear from the material folding over.

When we ordered our trailer in 2008 I special ordered the ATP (Aluminum Tread Plate) flooring and other than it being quite bright for a while and blinding you when putting the ramp door down it has held up great. It has now been scuffed and dulled just enough that the floor isn't so bright but it is still in perfect condition.

Another thing to consider is IF you ever get an oil spill or leak the ATP can just wipe right up whereas the rubber floor will swell and react to the oil if you don't catch it right away.

Mike.

zmotorsports is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-03-2014, 12:09 PM   #268

Thor Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Question 29.2 ACE with (plan A) Hallmark V-nose low-rider

First, I would to say how many beautiful MH/trailers I have seen pictured here and the wealth of info. from everyone. We picked up our new 2014 ACE 29.2 winterized (so sad). Our plan for retirement (4 yrs) is to snowbird with a box trailer holding our ’53 MG TD. My investigation shows the 16’ Low-rider V-nose Hallmark, VNLH7X14WT2, should answer nicely (HOA 7’ garage door restriction). The only negative with the Hallmark is having an “inclined deck” in the rear for motorcycle windshield clearance. Does anyone know of other manufactures that offer a “full flat” interior deck with the above restrictions (7’ max. exterior height, 18’ max. overall length)?

Old 02-03-2014, 01:20 PM   #269

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harmony View Post
First, I would to say how many beautiful MH/trailers I have seen pictured here and the wealth of info. from everyone. We picked up our new 2014 ACE 29.2 winterized (so sad). Our plan for retirement (4 yrs) is to snowbird with a box trailer holding our ’53 MG TD. My investigation shows the 16’ Low-rider V-nose Hallmark, VNLH7X14WT2, should answer nicely (HOA 7’ garage door restriction). The only negative with the Hallmark is having an “inclined deck” in the rear for motorcycle windshield clearance. Does anyone know of other manufactures that offer a “full flat” interior deck with the above restrictions (7’ max. exterior height, 18’ max. overall length)?
Be sure to cover the car while traveling. My Corvette convert got real dirty as dirt flies around inside the trailer. I have a 20' v nose and it works great. Also had the trailer painted to match the rig.
Old 02-03-2014, 02:58 PM   #270

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rusty years View Post
Be sure to cover the car while traveling. My Corvette convert got real dirty as dirt flies around inside the trailer. I have a 20' v nose and it works great. Also had the trailer painted to match the rig.
I have never covered any of our show cars or bikes when hauling in an enclosed trailer. Maybe some slight dust on the car that needs to be cleaned off when we got to a show but very, very little. If you have much dust/dirt on the car inside the trailer you have some large gaps where the debris is getting in somewhere.

Mike.
Old 02-04-2014, 08:26 AM   #271
New to the RV World

Vintage RV Owners Club
American Coach Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harmony View Post
Vintage Trailers will build what ever you want. They build a nice trailer see my post below
Old 02-04-2014, 08:46 AM   #272
New to the RV World

Vintage RV Owners Club
Picked up our new 2014 Vintage Outlaw trailer today. This trailer was special ordered to haul the 1984 Jeep. We needed additional height because of the lift kit in the trailer

We ordered it with the "RV" tongue, as it will spend it's life behind the 1997 America Dream. I really did not need the weight distribution hitch but I have found it helps with sway. I did not put the cam lock anti sway on as I did not think I would need it and it towed at 70 just fine.

Inside the trailer the additional height is really evident.

The color should go very nicely with the colors on the Motor home

Everyone seems to be getting a lot of snow this year

Old 02-04-2014, 09:44 AM   #273
New to the RV World

Vintage RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rusty years View Post
Most people will tell you not to cover a car with a cover when trailing as the tarp/cover will vibrate on the paint and accualy wear the paint away.
Old 02-04-2014, 12:51 PM   #274

Monaco Owners Club
Good looking trailer there Glenn. Now let's see some pictures of it hooked up to the coach.

Mike.
Old 02-04-2014, 01:21 PM   #275

Interesting thread. I'm curious what the tongue weights are on some of the stackers? I would assume the hitches have been reinforced to account for the weight. The pictures are definitely giving me some good suggestions.
Old 02-04-2014, 02:13 PM   #276

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlennLever View Post
[FONT=Arial, Arial, Helvetica][COLOR=#FFFFFF][COLOR=Black]Picked up our new 2014 Vintage Outlaw trailer today. This trailer was special ordered to haul the 1984 Jeep. We needed additional height because of the lift kit in the trailer

Why does the trailer need a lift kit? It does not look lifted.

No RV, it was stolen.
Kurtsara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2014, 03:23 PM   #277
New to the RV World

Vintage RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurtsara View Post
Why does the trailer need a lift kit? It does not look lifted.
I could not go back and edit the post, I meant the Jeep that goes in it has a lift kit in it and needs the extra height inside the trailer
Old 02-04-2014, 03:55 PM   #278

Click image for larger version

Name:	ForumRunner_20140204_165420.png
Views:	330
Size:	381.9 KB
ID:	55330

Old picture, but I think you can still see the toy hauler ok...
Jeff
La-Z-Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2014, 05:23 PM   #279
New to the RV World

Vintage RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by La-Z-Boy View Post
Attachment 55330

Old picture, but I think you can still see the toy hauler ok...
Jeff
Boy better pictures of that would be something to see.
Old 02-04-2014, 05:32 PM   #280

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlennLever View Post
Picked up our new 2014 Vintage Outlaw trailer today. This trailer was special ordered to haul the 1984 Jeep. We needed additional height because of the lift kit in the trailer

We ordered it with the "RV" tongue, as it will spend it's life behind the 1997 America Dream. I really did not need the weight distribution hitch but I have found it helps with sway. I did not put the cam lock anti sway on as I did not think I would need it and it towed at 70 just fine.

Inside the trailer the additional height is really evident.

The color should go very nicely with the colors on the Motor home

Everyone seems to be getting a lot of snow this year

Nice looking trailer Glenn. It will look sweet behind your coach. You'll be hitching it up in about a week +

Pusherman is offline   Reply With Quote