Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-04-2014, 05:33 PM   #281

Glen: That is an awesome looking trailer. Just gorgeous. You sure have more snow than we do. (Not complaining) We've had a ton of very cold, however. We should have our trailer in about a week. Not as beautiful as yours but we'll put a picture on when we get it hooked up and down in warmer weather.
darcan

darcan is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-04-2014, 06:01 PM   #282

Quote:
Originally Posted by La-Z-Boy View Post
Attachment 55330

Old picture, but I think you can still see the toy hauler ok...
Jeff
Out of curiosity 45 foot RV & 32 foot car hauler would be at least 77 feet so have you and any problems with the length - has law enforcement looked twice at you?

1ciderdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2014, 06:32 PM   #283
New to the RV World

Vintage RV Owners Club
American Coach Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pusherman View Post
Nice looking trailer Glenn. It will look sweet behind your coach. You'll be hitching it up in about a week +
Maybe a little longer than a week, have to air the new carpet out first, right?
Old 02-04-2014, 06:36 PM   #284
New to the RV World

Vintage RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by darcan View Post
Glen: That is an awesome looking trailer. Just gorgeous. You sure have more snow than we do. (Not complaining) We've had a ton of very cold, however. We should have our trailer in about a week. Not as beautiful as yours but we'll put a picture on when we get it hooked up and down in warmer weather.
darcan
My oldest son took a couple of courses at the Hot Rod Institute in Rapid City. Very cold but surprisingly very little snow. The crossing gates along the expressway lead me to believe that you guys go a lot of snow.

I like the looks of the trailer also. I looked for a long time for a used one but found none that had the height I needed for the Jeep
Old 02-04-2014, 07:25 PM   #285

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlennLever View Post
My oldest son took a couple of courses at the Hot Rod Institute in Rapid City. Very cold but surprisingly very little snow. The crossing gates along the expressway lead me to believe that you guys go a lot of snow.

I like the looks of the trailer also. I looked for a long time for a used one but found none that had the height I needed for the Jeep
What lift and tires in your Jeep? I assume a CJ7 by the year, I don't think I saw you post a picture of it in my thread about Jeeps.
Old 02-04-2014, 09:32 PM   #286
New to the RV World

Vintage RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurtsara View Post
What lift and tires in your Jeep? I assume a CJ7 by the year, I don't think I saw you post a picture of it in my thread about Jeeps.
I haven't seen a thread on Jeep here. I really only read, the fleetwood owner's, Class a, and vintage categories, steer me in the right direction

It is a survivor CJ-7, 2.5 inch lift on 31 tires

you can see the build here

1984 Jeep CJ-7
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_2761.jpg
Views:	158
Size:	97.5 KB
ID:	55363  
Old 02-04-2014, 10:39 PM   #287

I have always towed an open trailer with our Rock Crawler and RZR on it. Total length is 68' I have never been stopped for anything. We are looking at a 26' enclosed trailer that would put us at 75'. I have hesitated, thinking the extra length and bulk of an enclosed trailer could attract more attention and a possible citation or take out of service ticket. However it would be nice to get the toys under cover. I have seen a lot of combos here that imply there is not much to worry about. I never go into CA, but mainly run the states between AZ, UT, WI and TX. What has been everyones experience in that section of the country??
Old 02-05-2014, 04:58 AM   #288

Quote:

We actually can and do get a lot of snow but for some reason, it our part of the state, we've so far been getting missed. I'm sure our time is coming; hopefully after we get out of here. We also had to custom-order our trailer with a higher ceiling. Happy travels Glenn. Maybe we'll see you on the road somewhere.
darcan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2014, 08:09 AM   #289

Quote:
I haven't seen a thread on Jeep here. I really only read, the fleetwood owner's, Class a, and vintage categories, steer me in the right direction

It is a survivor CJ-7, 2.5 inch lift on 31 tires

you can see the build here

1984 Jeep CJ-7
Here is my Jeep thread.
Old 02-05-2014, 09:31 AM   #290

FWIW for those that care Washington State where I am the legal length limit is 75'. Not a problem for me I am only 66'.

jauguston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2014, 09:55 AM   #291
New to the RV World

Vintage RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by jauguston View Post
FWIW for those that care Washington State where I am the legal length limit is 75'. Not a problem for me I am only 66'.

I would think the air would want to get under the bow of the boat and lift it off the trailer when going down the road????
Old 02-05-2014, 10:01 AM   #292

If you look closely you will see two red tie down straps on the side in the side window area plus two more you can't see further back. The straps hook to the bunks the boat sets on. 8 total. Many miles traveled with no issues.
jauguston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2014, 10:51 AM   #293
New to the RV World

Vintage RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurtsara View Post
Here is my Jeep thread.
I have taken care of that oversight, see here

Let's see some Jeeps
Old 02-05-2014, 01:23 PM   #294

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crasher View Post
I have always towed an open trailer with our Rock Crawler and RZR on it. Total length is 68' I have never been stopped for anything. We are looking at a 26' enclosed trailer that would put us at 75'. I have hesitated, thinking the extra length and bulk of an enclosed trailer could attract more attention and a possible citation or take out of service ticket. However it would be nice to get the toys under cover. I have seen a lot of combos here that imply there is not much to worry about. I never go into CA, but mainly run the states between AZ, UT, WI and TX. What has been everyones experience in that section of the country??
Granted we are only 72' OAL with our little 40' coach and 26' Haulmark Edge enclosed trailer but we are based in Utah and routinely run Montana, Idaho, Colorado, Nevada, Arizona and Wyoming without any issues or even given a second thought.

Mike.

zmotorsports is offline   Reply With Quote