Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-14-2014, 06:01 AM   #337

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Miyagi View Post
Kinda on the smaller side...

My kid brother recently bought this enclosed unit from our good buddy "FIREUP" and it is perfectly suited to carry his new side by side and a dirt bike or two.

If any of you know Scott, it's in immaculate condition just like everything else he's owned. We can barely even feel we're towing it behind our coach and stops good too.
I don't know Scott personally but I have exchanged information with him on this and another forum and he seems the type to have nice stuff and take care of it.

It is nice to see other people appreciate that.

Mike.
zmotorsports is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-14-2014, 06:04 AM   #338

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by bullheaded View Post
Had it almost 3 years. We spend about 10 months a year in a coach and wanted something different. Really liked the build process and getting exactly what we wanted. It's a REALLY NICE piece!
Great. Happy you were able to step into something that you could design and have built the way you wanted it. Great looking King Aire. But then so was the Entegra Cornerstone.

Mike.
Old 02-14-2014, 09:41 AM   #339

Here's my rig. Not a good pic showing the MH and trailer. It gets what we need to and from our winter spot in Naples.

2013 Tiffin Phaeton 40 QBH
gkgeiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2014, 09:04 PM   #340

Holiday Rambler Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by GlennLever View Post
I've been told there was a thread showing pictures of MHs with trailers towed behind it, but I have been unable to find it. I would love to see other long rigs I thought I would start a new one. Here is my contribution (73 feet)
Well we have an older unit and this past summer used a friends enclosed trailer. they are now hooked on traveling with their own RV they just bought...so we bought a small trailer for us to pull now...used but paid for....nothing real big...but mine..

Click image for larger version

Name:	image-3285462482.jpg
Views:	1136
Size:	441.8 KB
ID:	56127

Name:	image-726993498.jpg
Views:	1127
Size:	529.4 KB
ID:	56128

Name:	image-3391261478.jpg
Views:	1123
Size:	582.4 KB
ID:	56129
Old 02-15-2014, 06:03 AM   #341
New to the RV World

Vintage RV Owners Club
American Coach Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blacknchrome View Post
Well we have an older unit and this past summer used a friends enclosed trailer. they are now hooked on traveling with their own RV they just bought...so we bought a small trailer for us to pull now...used but paid for....nothing real big...but mine..

Nice looking trailer and certainly will do the job.
GlennLever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2014, 12:55 PM   #342

Gkgeigr. Does the front shield on your trailer keep the road grim off the vehicle? Is it a feather lite trailer?
enjoyrv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2014, 06:10 AM   #343

Quote:
Originally Posted by enjoyrv View Post
Gkgeigr. Does the front shield on your trailer keep the road grim off the vehicle? Is it a feather lite trailer?
The shield is call a stone shield, but the car stays about as clean as if you were driving it. The trailer is made by Aluma.

2013 Tiffin Phaeton 40 QBH
gkgeiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2014, 11:09 AM   #344

Vintage RV Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
nothing like the others but still tow's nicely
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	IMG_0883_1.JPG
Views:	252
Size:	994.7 KB
ID:	56215  
spritz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2014, 09:37 AM   #345
New to the RV World

Vintage RV Owners Club
I have not had my fix lately on these long rigs, post them up.
Old 02-20-2014, 02:04 PM   #346

Vintage RV Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Just a curious ?
What would it take, length of car (toad)19.6 I would like to have it be a enclosed trailer no thrills type just to haul my classic car with us. If possible I would use a "Trailer Toad" behind my PA. I have been thinking about it since we bought both 3 years ago. Seriously since I found the "Trailer Toad".
It' snowing again and nothing better to do... Just curious to hear from OP that do this.
Thanks,s tb
spritz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2014, 02:37 PM   #347

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by spritz View Post
Just a curious ?
What would it take, length of car (toad)19.6 I would like to have it be a enclosed trailer no thrills type just to haul my classic car with us. If possible I would use a "Trailer Toad" behind my PA. I have been thinking about it since we bought both 3 years ago. Seriously since I found the "Trailer Toad".
It' snowing again and nothing better to do... Just curious to hear from OP that do this.
Thanks,s tb
I didn't use the trailer toad although they look like a great product, however, I towed a 24' enclosed trailer around most of the western U.S. with our first motorhome. Racing and sand toys mainly but combined trailer and contents were right at 8500 pounds. I custom built the trailer hitch and tied it up under the coach about 3-4'.

Mike.

Here is our first motorhome. Don't have any pictures of it hooked up with the trailer. 1984 30' Travelcraft on a GM P30 chassis. 454 cubic inch carbureted engine/TH400 transmission, Gear Vendors OD unit, Doug Thorley headers.

Old 02-20-2014, 02:51 PM   #348
New to the RV World

Vintage RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by zmotorsports View Post
I didn't use the trailer toad although they look like a great product, however, I towed a 24' enclosed trailer around most of the western U.S. with our first motorhome. Racing and sand toys mainly but combined trailer and contents were right at 8500 pounds. I custom built the trailer hitch and tied it up under the coach about 3-4'.

Mike.

Here is our first motorhome. Don't have any pictures of it hooked up with the trailer. 1984 30' Travelcraft on a GM P30 chassis. 454 cubic inch carbureted engine/TH400 transmission, Gear Vendors OD unit, Doug Thorley headers.

Those bumpers sure are shinny, I am going to have to pull mine and polish them, even if I have been warned that it is a difficult task.

If you need the trailer toad or not will really depend on how robust the rear frame is. I would also suggest a beefy hitch. Be safe, make sure the frame can take the stress, make the receiver stronger than needed, make the hitch (ball) stronger than that. That way you will tow with confidence, never a worry if there might be a problem down the road.

In my set up, I called the chassis manufacture first and was asured that the frame was MORE than strong enough, I put on a 16,000 pound reciever, use a solid one piece american built hitch and ball to pull a 12,000 capable trailer which might have a total weight of 8,000 pounds. Everything is over engineered.
Old 02-21-2014, 07:55 AM   #349

Quote:
Originally Posted by spritz View Post
Just a curious ?
Thanks,s tb
I tow my 24 ft enclosed trailer to haul my T Bucket or 1926 Model T Coupe with a 2005 HR. The trailer weighs 5000 lbs & has about 60,000 miles behind my Class C first then this 30 ft HR with no problems related to the tow....... I am just now started on the third set of tires for
the trailer.....lol....

Mike
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	DSCN1619.JPG
Views:	224
Size:	539.2 KB
ID:	56587  
Lincolnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2014, 08:34 AM   #350
New to the RV World

Vintage RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lincolnut View Post
I tow my 24 ft enclosed trailer to haul my T Bucket or 1926 Model T Coupe with a 2005 HR. The trailer weighs 5000 lbs & has about 60,000 miles behind my Class C first then this 30 ft HR with no problems related to the tow....... I am just now started on the third set of tires for
the trailer.....lol....

Mike
Nice, I wish someone could explain to me why trailer tires have such a short life span, they are expensive. I could run "D"s but like to over engineer so I run "E"s