Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Reply
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 07-14-2014, 04:14 PM   #589
Senior Member
 
Bob86ZZ4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: St. Paul, MN
Posts: 378
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rwayne View Post
What r the laws for pulling a toad with abass boat hooked to it?
Pretty sure it's not legal in MN.
__________________

__________________
www.bobwinsor.com
MN is home for now.
Bob86ZZ4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-14-2014, 04:20 PM   #590
RVM#87 / Senior Member
 
DieselTech39's Avatar


 
Solo Rvers Club
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Ham Lake, MN
Posts: 2,977
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob86ZZ4 View Post
Pretty sure it's not legal in MN.
Bob is correct.

If you read through this thread you will find and answer to your question I think. It really depends on the state in which you are attempting to tow that combination.
__________________

__________________
Have a wonderful day!
Ken (RVM 87)
FT DP Wanna B The journey is the destination!
Retired & perfecting procrastination!
DieselTech39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2014, 04:39 PM   #591
Senior Member
 
Craig N Deb's Avatar
 
Fleetwood Owners Club
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Huntley,IL
Posts: 542
Hey Guys,
I had already posted my rig but, I just took my first trip with my new camera setup and thought some of you might be interested in how it turned out!
I am right at 71ft. long and I like to know whats behind me and how my bikes and golf cart are doing inside the trailer.......so, I wired up a rear camera and an inside camera with sound and infrared!
It worked out perfect!!!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2079.jpg
Views:	162
Size:	299.2 KB
ID:	67865   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2086.jpg
Views:	163
Size:	260.8 KB
ID:	67866  

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2089.jpg
Views:	155
Size:	229.8 KB
ID:	67867   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2087.jpg
Views:	150
Size:	237.8 KB
ID:	67868  

__________________
2008 Fleetwood Discovery 40X "Hognest"
2013 Harley Davidson Ultra Classic Limited
2004 American Ironhorse Texas Choppe
Craig N Deb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2014, 04:53 PM   #592
New to the RV World
 
GlennLever's Avatar


 
Vintage RV Owners Club
American Coach Owners Club
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Rochester, NY
Posts: 2,197
Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig N Deb View Post
Hey Guys,
I had already posted my rig but, I just took my first trip with my new camera setup and thought some of you might be interested in how it turned out!
I am right at 71ft. long and I like to know whats behind me and how my bikes and golf cart are doing inside the trailer.......so, I wired up a rear camera and an inside camera with sound and infrared!
It worked out perfect!!!
That is neat.
__________________
GlennLever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2014, 04:56 PM   #593
Senior Member
 
jeryan59's Avatar
 
Fleetwood Owners Club
American Coach Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 667
Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig N Deb View Post
Hey Guys,
I had already posted my rig but, I just took my first trip with my new camera setup and thought some of you might be interested in how it turned out!
I am right at 71ft. long and I like to know whats behind me and how my bikes and golf cart are doing inside the trailer.......so, I wired up a rear camera and an inside camera with sound and infrared!
It worked out perfect!!!
That is awesome, as are the bikes! Mind sharing the details how you went about this project? Thanks.
__________________
Johnny Rotten
2009 American Eagle 42'
Trailering HD Road Glide and Saab 9.3 or Cadillac Escalade ESV
jeryan59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2014, 09:03 PM   #594
Senior Member
 
Craig N Deb's Avatar
 
Fleetwood Owners Club
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Huntley,IL
Posts: 542
You are right guys, I should have mentioned how I put this all together.....sorry about that!

Ok first off....NEVER BUY A WIRELESS SYSTEM!!! They do not work, and there is nothing anyone can do to make them work. I tried that route and lost!

So, first I bought the entire setup on Ebay from an extremely intelligent seller, his ebay user name and company name is Leviathan_holdings
I highly recommend emailing this man to tell him your application and he will set you up for sure!! Tell him Craig Hanson sent you, we talked alot!!!
The setup for me was a 9" monitor, 2 cameras, 1 65ft cable dual mode, 2 40ft, single mode cables, a coiled coupler for my hitch area. All of it weather proof! The expense for my setup was about $600 shipped and it is high quality and worth every penny!!
I did the trailer install first starting with the cameras being mounted and the cable holes being hole sawed to fit eveything. Once the cameras are set run all your cable to your hitch area and use clear caulk to seal up all of your cable holes. Then start on the coach from the rear moving forward. Mount the coupler at your hitch and start following the frame using heavy wire ties about every 5 ft or so, Run the cable into the front area behind the hood and start looking for an entry way into the dash area. You are almost finished......find a solid power supply and hook up your wiring as per the instructions and boom! Your done!!
The install took me about 4 hours total and it was worth every minute!
I highly suggest this setup for any of you that love to haul your toys with you like I do!
Let me know if anyone has any questions!
__________________
2008 Fleetwood Discovery 40X "Hognest"
2013 Harley Davidson Ultra Classic Limited
2004 American Ironhorse Texas Choppe
Craig N Deb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2014, 09:27 PM   #595
New to the RV World
 
GlennLever's Avatar


 
Vintage RV Owners Club
American Coach Owners Club
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Rochester, NY
Posts: 2,197
Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig N Deb View Post
You are right guys, I should have mentioned how I put this all together.....sorry about that!

Ok first off....NEVER BUY A WIRELESS SYSTEM!!! They do not work, and there is nothing anyone can do to make them work. I tried that route and lost!

So, first I bought the entire setup on Ebay from an extremely intelligent seller, his ebay user name and company name is Leviathan_holdings
I highly recommend emailing this man to tell him your application and he will set you up for sure!! Tell him Craig Hanson sent you, we talked alot!!!
The setup for me was a 9" monitor, 2 cameras, 1 65ft cable dual mode, 2 40ft, single mode cables, a coiled coupler for my hitch area. All of it weather proof! The expense for my setup was about $600 shipped and it is high quality and worth every penny!!
I did the trailer install first starting with the cameras being mounted and the cable holes being hole sawed to fit eveything. Once the cameras are set run all your cable to your hitch area and use clear caulk to seal up all of your cable holes. Then start on the coach from the rear moving forward. Mount the coupler at your hitch and start following the frame using heavy wire ties about every 5 ft or so, Run the cable into the front area behind the hood and start looking for an entry way into the dash area. You are almost finished......find a solid power supply and hook up your wiring as per the instructions and boom! Your done!!
The install took me about 4 hours total and it was worth every minute!
I highly suggest this setup for any of you that love to haul your toys with you like I do!
Let me know if anyone has any questions!
I use three different trailers behind the MH, I would assume that the MH would remain the same, but each trailer would have to be set up.

How much of the cost was the cameras and cable used in the trailer?
__________________
GlennLever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2014, 07:17 AM   #596
Senior Member
 
Craig N Deb's Avatar
 
Fleetwood Owners Club
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Huntley,IL
Posts: 542
Hey Glenn,

I think they are pretty cheap. but you may want to ask the guy on ebay. He is very good at what he does and will cut you a break with the more you add on.
I think I will be doing the same thing with my other trailer as well. I found so many advantages on the road for having the cameras I was amazed!!
__________________
2008 Fleetwood Discovery 40X "Hognest"
2013 Harley Davidson Ultra Classic Limited
2004 American Ironhorse Texas Choppe
Craig N Deb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2014, 12:13 PM   #597
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Posts: 2
Send a message via Skype™ to JohnofJax
I just bought a 2005 Newmar KK 3910 DP. I would like to pull a 12' trailer, but am leary about the maneuvering of it. Is it something that just needs to be learned? Just how difficult is it to back up? What do I need to be wary of? Thanks for any opinions.
__________________
JohnofJax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2014, 04:46 PM   #598
Senior Member
 
jeryan59's Avatar
 
Fleetwood Owners Club
American Coach Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 667
The shorter the trailer the more difficult it will be to back up. I would try real hard never to be in a position to having to back up this short of trailer any great distance.
__________________
Johnny Rotten
2009 American Eagle 42'
Trailering HD Road Glide and Saab 9.3 or Cadillac Escalade ESV
jeryan59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2014, 08:34 PM   #599
New to the RV World
 
GlennLever's Avatar


 
Vintage RV Owners Club
American Coach Owners Club
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Rochester, NY
Posts: 2,197
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnofJax View Post
I just bought a 2005 Newmar KK 3910 DP. I would like to pull a 12' trailer, but am leary about the maneuvering of it. Is it something that just needs to be learned? Just how difficult is it to back up? What do I need to be wary of? Thanks for any opinions.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeryan59 View Post
The shorter the trailer the more difficult it will be to back up. I would try real hard never to be in a position to having to back up this short of trailer any great distance.
^ but it is a learning curve, it can be done. The thing to watch out for is jack knifing the trailer. I used to drive big trucks and am pretty good at backing up. Best advice I can give is swallow your pride and have someone outside when backing up watching and a two way radio is your best friend. If you become unsure of a situation STOP get out and look.
__________________
GlennLever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2014, 04:20 AM   #600
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Posts: 101
I'm good at backing things up and still have a hard time judging the ladder and the corners of the RV to the trailer. A couple weeks ago I was backing up with my 20ft trailer with the toys in it bringing the trailer around and went a bit to far and crushed my diamond plate on the front of the trailer and broke the top of the ladder. Lesson learned!!! I fixed the trailer already Ladder is next. Glen I really like the 2 way radio idea...
__________________
2004 Damon Challenger
mothgrey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2014, 04:32 AM   #601
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Posts: 101
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevieptcb View Post
Here's mine about 60 Ft. long 38 Ft. Damon and 20 FT toy haluer.

Steve almost the same set up 2004 Damon 37ft with 20ft hauler and 2 toys inside. I can fit the grandsons 125 in also if needed.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	photo 2.jpg
Views:	110
Size:	151.4 KB
ID:	68164   Click image for larger version

Name:	photo 1.jpg
Views:	110
Size:	108.4 KB
ID:	68165  

__________________
2004 Damon Challenger
mothgrey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2014, 08:17 PM   #602
Senior Member
 
1ciderdog's Avatar


 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 4,299
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnofJax View Post
I just bought a 2005 Newmar KK 3910 DP. I would like to pull a 12' trailer, but am leary about the maneuvering of it. Is it something that just needs to be learned? Just how difficult is it to back up? What do I need to be wary of? Thanks for any opinions.
My suggestion is to go dead slow backing up, have an observer to help you and to not hesitate to stop & get out to look at where the trailer is when backing if any doubt is in your mind. My wife guides me when backing as she has for many years but sometimes the signals she gives are not clear to me so I do stop and go back and look so be sure all is as it should be.
__________________

__________________
Bob, Sandi & Marmaduke the Big Pug
SW OREGON 2004 Journey 39K, 330 Cat
If towing: a 2006 Mini Cooper or 1995 Wrangler
1ciderdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


» Virginia Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Our Communities

Our communities encompass many different hobbies and interests, but each one is built on friendly, intelligent membership.

» More about our Communities

Automotive Communities

Our Automotive communities encompass many different makes and models. From U.S. domestics to European Saloons.

» More about our Automotive Communities

Marine Communities

Our Marine websites focus on Cruising and Sailing Vessels, including forums and the largest cruising Wiki project on the web today.

» More about our Marine Communities


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 02:35 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.