Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-14-2014, 04:14 PM   #589

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rwayne View Post
What r the laws for pulling a toad with abass boat hooked to it?
Pretty sure it's not legal in MN.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-14-2014, 04:20 PM   #590

Solo Rvers Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob86ZZ4 View Post
Pretty sure it's not legal in MN.
Bob is correct.

If you read through this thread you will find and answer to your question I think. It really depends on the state in which you are attempting to tow that combination.
Retired & perfecting procrastination!
DieselTech39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2014, 04:39 PM   #591

Fleetwood Owners Club
Hey Guys,
I had already posted my rig but, I just took my first trip with my new camera setup and thought some of you might be interested in how it turned out!
I am right at 71ft. long and I like to know whats behind me and how my bikes and golf cart are doing inside the trailer.......so, I wired up a rear camera and an inside camera with sound and infrared!
It worked out perfect!!!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2079.jpg
Views:	254
Size:	299.2 KB
ID:	67865   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2086.jpg
Views:	253
Size:	260.8 KB
ID:	67866  

Name:	IMG_2089.jpg
Views:	225
Size:	229.8 KB
ID:	67867   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2087.jpg
Views:	266
Size:	237.8 KB
ID:	67868  

Craig N Deb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2014, 04:53 PM   #592
New to the RV World

Vintage RV Owners Club
American Coach Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig N Deb View Post
Hey Guys,
I had already posted my rig but, I just took my first trip with my new camera setup and thought some of you might be interested in how it turned out!
I am right at 71ft. long and I like to know whats behind me and how my bikes and golf cart are doing inside the trailer.......so, I wired up a rear camera and an inside camera with sound and infrared!
It worked out perfect!!!
That is neat.
GlennLever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2014, 04:56 PM   #593

Fleetwood Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Quote:
Hey Guys,
It worked out perfect!!!
That is awesome, as are the bikes! Mind sharing the details how you went about this project? Thanks.
jeryan59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2014, 09:03 PM   #594

Fleetwood Owners Club
You are right guys, I should have mentioned how I put this all together.....sorry about that!

Ok first off....NEVER BUY A WIRELESS SYSTEM!!! They do not work, and there is nothing anyone can do to make them work. I tried that route and lost!

So, first I bought the entire setup on Ebay from an extremely intelligent seller, his ebay user name and company name is Leviathan_holdings
I highly recommend emailing this man to tell him your application and he will set you up for sure!! Tell him Craig Hanson sent you, we talked alot!!!
The setup for me was a 9" monitor, 2 cameras, 1 65ft cable dual mode, 2 40ft, single mode cables, a coiled coupler for my hitch area. All of it weather proof! The expense for my setup was about $600 shipped and it is high quality and worth every penny!!
I did the trailer install first starting with the cameras being mounted and the cable holes being hole sawed to fit eveything. Once the cameras are set run all your cable to your hitch area and use clear caulk to seal up all of your cable holes. Then start on the coach from the rear moving forward. Mount the coupler at your hitch and start following the frame using heavy wire ties about every 5 ft or so, Run the cable into the front area behind the hood and start looking for an entry way into the dash area. You are almost finished......find a solid power supply and hook up your wiring as per the instructions and boom! Your done!!
The install took me about 4 hours total and it was worth every minute!
I highly suggest this setup for any of you that love to haul your toys with you like I do!
Let me know if anyone has any questions!
Old 07-14-2014, 09:27 PM   #595
New to the RV World

Vintage RV Owners Club
Quote:
You are right guys, I should have mentioned how I put this all together.....sorry about that!

Ok first off....NEVER BUY A WIRELESS SYSTEM!!! They do not work, and there is nothing anyone can do to make them work. I tried that route and lost!

So, first I bought the entire setup on Ebay from an extremely intelligent seller, his ebay user name and company name is Leviathan_holdings
I highly recommend emailing this man to tell him your application and he will set you up for sure!! Tell him Craig Hanson sent you, we talked alot!!!
The setup for me was a 9" monitor, 2 cameras, 1 65ft cable dual mode, 2 40ft, single mode cables, a coiled coupler for my hitch area. All of it weather proof! The expense for my setup was about $600 shipped and it is high quality and worth every penny!!
I did the trailer install first starting with the cameras being mounted and the cable holes being hole sawed to fit eveything. Once the cameras are set run all your cable to your hitch area and use clear caulk to seal up all of your cable holes. Then start on the coach from the rear moving forward. Mount the coupler at your hitch and start following the frame using heavy wire ties about every 5 ft or so, Run the cable into the front area behind the hood and start looking for an entry way into the dash area. You are almost finished......find a solid power supply and hook up your wiring as per the instructions and boom! Your done!!
The install took me about 4 hours total and it was worth every minute!
I highly suggest this setup for any of you that love to haul your toys with you like I do!
Let me know if anyone has any questions!
I use three different trailers behind the MH, I would assume that the MH would remain the same, but each trailer would have to be set up.

How much of the cost was the cameras and cable used in the trailer?
Old 07-15-2014, 07:17 AM   #596

Fleetwood Owners Club
Hey Glenn,

I think they are pretty cheap. but you may want to ask the guy on ebay. He is very good at what he does and will cut you a break with the more you add on.
I think I will be doing the same thing with my other trailer as well. I found so many advantages on the road for having the cameras I was amazed!!
Old 07-16-2014, 12:13 PM   #597

Send a message via Skype™ to JohnofJax
I just bought a 2005 Newmar KK 3910 DP. I would like to pull a 12' trailer, but am leary about the maneuvering of it. Is it something that just needs to be learned? Just how difficult is it to back up? What do I need to be wary of? Thanks for any opinions.
JohnofJax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2014, 04:46 PM   #598

Fleetwood Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
The shorter the trailer the more difficult it will be to back up. I would try real hard never to be in a position to having to back up this short of trailer any great distance.
jeryan59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2014, 08:34 PM   #599
New to the RV World

Vintage RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnofJax View Post
I just bought a 2005 Newmar KK 3910 DP. I would like to pull a 12' trailer, but am leary about the maneuvering of it. Is it something that just needs to be learned? Just how difficult is it to back up? What do I need to be wary of? Thanks for any opinions.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeryan59 View Post
The shorter the trailer the more difficult it will be to back up. I would try real hard never to be in a position to having to back up this short of trailer any great distance.
^ but it is a learning curve, it can be done. The thing to watch out for is jack knifing the trailer. I used to drive big trucks and am pretty good at backing up. Best advice I can give is swallow your pride and have someone outside when backing up watching and a two way radio is your best friend. If you become unsure of a situation STOP get out and look.
Old 07-17-2014, 04:20 AM   #600

I'm good at backing things up and still have a hard time judging the ladder and the corners of the RV to the trailer. A couple weeks ago I was backing up with my 20ft trailer with the toys in it bringing the trailer around and went a bit to far and crushed my diamond plate on the front of the trailer and broke the top of the ladder. Lesson learned!!! I fixed the trailer already Ladder is next. Glen I really like the 2 way radio idea...
Old 07-17-2014, 04:32 AM   #601

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevieptcb View Post
Here's mine about 60 Ft. long 38 Ft. Damon and 20 FT toy haluer.

Steve almost the same set up 2004 Damon 37ft with 20ft hauler and 2 toys inside. I can fit the grandsons 125 in also if needed.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	photo 2.jpg
Views:	180
Size:	151.4 KB
ID:	68164   Click image for larger version

Name:	photo 1.jpg
Views:	168
Size:	108.4 KB
ID:	68165  

Old 07-17-2014, 08:17 PM   #602

National RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnofJax View Post
My suggestion is to go dead slow backing up, have an observer to help you and to not hesitate to stop & get out to look at where the trailer is when backing if any doubt is in your mind. My wife guides me when backing as she has for many years but sometimes the signals she gives are not clear to me so I do stop and go back and look so be sure all is as it should be.
1ciderdog is offline   Reply With Quote