Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-07-2013, 10:58 PM   #57

Newmar Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by bullheaded View Post
Scottybdivin, not sure why the truck wouldn't fit. I have one but it's never been inside. The trailer is 96" wide inside less the thickness of the lift posts which I would say 8" total. Wouldn't leave much room on the lift. Inside height is 11"1'.

Looking at your avatar you have probably heard of the T/F driver....Eddie Hill. Ed was also in the record books for about 10 years with the T/F Hydro record in a non capsule boat and I think it was 217 MPH before he went back to the pavement.
Would a large vehicle go on the lift or remain on the floor? Seems like you would want the weight down low and put the lighter toys on the lift?

Yessir I am very familiar with the Texan, both on water and asphalt. That is really cool that you were part of his team. I believe his pass was 229 mph at Firebird in an open TFH, but never backed up. I just returned from the World Finals at Firebird this week. I don't race, I am the National Rescue Coordinator for Lucas Oil.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2442.jpg
Views:	518
Size:	163.5 KB
ID:	49429  

Roadmaster Blackhawk 2, RVI2 Brake System
Scottybdivin is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-07-2013, 11:53 PM   #58

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scottybdivin View Post
Would a large vehicle go on the lift or remain on the floor? Seems like you would want the weight down low and put the lighter toys on the lift?

Yessir I am very familiar with the Texan, both on water and asphalt. That is really cool that you were part of his team. I believe his pass was 229 mph at Firebird in an open TFH, but never backed up. I just returned from the World Finals at Firebird this week. I don't race, I am the National Rescue Coordinator for Lucas Oil.
Been there before. Yep 229 is right. Ed gave a singed to me, Kenny Yougblood print and it's called 229. Now I know what the divin means.

You have another driver Kebin Kinsley...he and I go back to the early 80's.

Here is the way we load the stacker. Had it built with a 16' lift.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	20131016_134654.jpg
Views:	629
Size:	252.9 KB
ID:	49431   Click image for larger version

Name:	20131017_155938.jpg
Views:	638
Size:	346.0 KB
ID:	49432  

Name:	20131018_171652.jpg
Views:	630
Size:	369.8 KB
ID:	49433  

bullheaded is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2013, 01:49 AM   #59

20' enclosed and 32' MH.

Before I made the turn into my neighborhood, I straddled the center of two lanes of a 4 lane, right in front of a cop and he didn't follow me.

Dunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2013, 03:04 AM   #60

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by KSCRUDE View Post
Here's what we pull. Can pull about any toad. And backup. No ramps as it tilts. Hydraulic brakes and rock guard. Trailer is about 1400#
I like your setup. I have been contemplating a similar setup for similar reasons. We own a 2005 AWD Escape with low mileage. It can't be flat towed or dolly towed. We will be going full time next year and plan on a mix of BLM Nd camp grounds. My questions are what do you do with the trailer ata camp ground? Did you put a hitch on the Escape for moving the trailer around? How did tongue weight affect your decisions on what to take with you in the MH?
Old 11-08-2013, 04:28 AM   #61

Florida Cooters Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Coastal Campers
Freightliner Owners Club
Here is how we roll..... about 65 feet
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	RV Pic 2013.jpg
Views:	581
Size:	89.5 KB
ID:	49436   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1407.jpg
Views:	554
Size:	377.1 KB
ID:	49437  

windydaboo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2013, 05:50 AM   #62

Here is my rig on a trip to Milwaukee for the 110th anniversary. I also have 2 other trailers: An open one for three dirt bikes and another to haul two 3-seater jet skis. Just wish I could find one to carry everything all at once.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	image-175027990.jpg
Views:	396
Size:	360.6 KB
ID:	49440  
Old 11-08-2013, 06:23 AM   #63

Whowzer......I was worried about pulling my Z71.........not anymore

buckstand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2013, 06:24 AM   #64

Monaco Owners Club
Our trailer has a 5' tongue, with a 24' box, 7' tall, we haul a 2012 Mustang convertible, and have a stand alone washer/dryer, and overhead storage, pulls great.
Old 11-08-2013, 07:47 AM   #65

Newmar Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
The mini hauler that follows us everywhere. She'll take a couple of Harley's and if needed the Fiat 500.
[IMG][/IMG]
Old 11-08-2013, 08:11 AM   #66

Here's my trailer with our previous motorhome. The new Trek is 2 ft. longer, but overall length is still just over 50 ft. We rarely have any trouble finding a site long enough that we don't have to unhook the trailer.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Towrig2.JPG
Views:	439
Size:	74.6 KB
ID:	49445  
George Schweikle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2013, 09:00 AM   #67

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flanagan View Post
I like your setup. I have been contemplating a similar setup for similar reasons. We own a 2005 AWD Escape with low mileage. It can't be flat towed or dolly towed. We will be going full time next year and plan on a mix of BLM Nd camp grounds. My questions are what do you do with the trailer ata camp ground? Did you put a hitch on the Escape for moving the trailer around? How did tongue weight affect your decisions on what to take with you in the MH?
So far we have had room at the campgrounds and I just leave it hooked up. Plenty of room with the pull troughs, and on back in sites it has been tight but it did fit. Close to sixty feet overall. And the escape does have a factory receiver so I can hookup to the trailer if needed. We have a wheel on the trailer jack, and on hard surface I can move it anywhere by myself when it is unloaded. I did a 180 in the shop with it last week and backed it in beside the MH. It is very light weight.
Old 11-08-2013, 03:53 PM   #68

Holiday Rambler Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by GlennLever View Post
I've been told there was a thread showing pictures of MHs with trailers towed behind it, but I have been unable to find it. I would love to see other long rigs I thought I would start a new one. Here is my contribution (73 feet)
Question...I have a 38 ft class a gas ....5000 hitch...can I change my hitch to a heavier one and go larger for a bigger pull?
Old 11-08-2013, 04:52 PM   #69
New to the RV World

Vintage RV Owners Club
American Coach Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blacknchrome View Post
Question...I have a 38 ft class a gas ....5000 hitch...can I change my hitch to a heavier one and go larger for a bigger pull?
It is also a question of the frame of the RV being able to take the stress of the larger towed vehicle. Remember on a DP you have the engine hanging of the frame back there also.

Fleetwood was not able to help me with this question on mine, however a call to Gillig the manufacturer of the chassis under my RV and they said no problem, in fact they sell the upgraded hitch for my RV.

The next problem is the vehicle tag in the RV, Fleetwood will not issue a new tag even though Gillig sells the parts, and states the chassis is more than strong enough.
Old 11-08-2013, 05:31 PM   #70

Ford Super Duty Owner
2011 pic "RV" is 32 feet trailer is about 22 feet so thats about 54 feet long total.

(RVM#26) THE U-RV 94 F-700/24 foot U-haul box home built RV
Mekanic is offline   Reply With Quote