Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-09-2015, 05:28 PM   #869

Winnebago Owners Club
Mine...
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	RV.jpg
Views:	154
Size:	201.0 KB
ID:	90998  

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-10-2015, 06:45 AM   #870

Vintage RV Owners Club
If I was you, I would consider a Trailer Toad for this setup. Even though it is an open trailer the leverage from dips, bridge entrances, etc are going to be hard on the frame, frame extensions and especially the slide out opening framework.

I towed with almost the exact same coach, before we built our first Trailer Toad, and welded braces inside the frame rails, braced the hitch and when we towed in the rain it was downright scary stopping as the front brakes wanted to lock up and pulse on the ABS. Originally, the Toad was built for Class C coaches as they needed the most assistance in rear frame support.

While the Trailer Toad is not cheap, they hold their value well and you will not tear up the floor, frame or sidewalls of an expensive coach if you use one. Besides handling benefits, protecting your investment is where the Trailer Toad does it's serious work.

Love the ol MOPARS!!!

Jok

Old 04-10-2015, 09:37 AM   #871

Been wanting to get set up to get this pix for a while .... so as we're getting ready to travel this week ... had the opportunity to get this ....

This one at our back in site in Glenwood Springs CO

This one as we're leaving Gouldings Monument Valley ID ....

Our Blog
hal1phx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2015, 10:37 AM   #872

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by hal1phx View Post
Been wanting to get set up to get this pix for a while .... so as we're getting ready to travel this week ... had the opportunity to get this ....

This one at our back in site in Glenwood Springs CO

This one as we're leaving Gouldings Monument Valley ID ....
Very nice setup. Did you stay at the Goulding's RV Park and how did you fit. We were in an end site about middle row two years ago with our coach/trailer and we were hanging our the back of the site and the front of the coach was sticking out the front a little more than I liked. They would have liked us to unhook prior to parking but I like staying connected. Maybe I should have dropped the trailer in their area up above because I couldn't relax the entire time we were there worrying if someone was going to take my mirrors off the coach or tag the rear of the trailer.

Mike.
zmotorsports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2015, 01:26 PM   #873

Fleetwood Owners Club
American Coach Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Quote:
Originally Posted by zmotorsports View Post
Very nice setup. Did you stay at the Goulding's RV Park and how did you fit. We were in an end site about middle row two years ago with our coach/trailer and we were hanging our the back of the site and the front of the coach was sticking out the front a little more than I liked. They would have liked us to unhook prior to parking but I like staying connected. Maybe I should have dropped the trailer in their area up above because I couldn't relax the entire time we were there worrying if someone was going to take my mirrors off the coach or tag the rear of the trailer.

Mike.
Very nice setup!

I might suggest to Mike to purchase a couple orange cones to keep in the trailer for circumstances when you might hang out a little of your space.
jeryan59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2015, 01:52 PM   #874

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeryan59 View Post
Very nice setup!

I might suggest to Mike to purchase a couple orange cones to keep in the trailer for circumstances when you might hang out a little of your space.
Yep, covered. I bought about six of them several years ago that I carry in the trailer. I had two orange cones placed at each end of the rig but I was still nervous. Actually that same trip someone had grabbed one of my cones to place next to a water spigot that wouldn't shut off. We returned one afternoon to find one of our cones missing. I went looking and found it a few sites down. I think someone thought maybe they belonged to the rv park or something.

I have only used them a few times as I am generally fortunate enough to call ahead and request long enough sites, but they were a little off on their measurements or they measured from middle of one road to the middle of the other road rather than just site length.

I even set up the cones when I pull out in front of my house before departing. For some reason it drives the wife nuts but I know how some of my neighbors drive through our neighborhood with their heads firmly placed up their asses.

Mike.
Old 04-11-2015, 08:21 AM   #875

Quote:
Originally Posted by zmotorsports View Post

Mike.
Mike ... we did stay at Gouldings ... they put in the first row behind the store ... fit nicely hooked up .... hate to have to drop just for an overnite ... we're right at 70 ft ... so it can be challenging .... at our next stop, they didn't have pull throughs ... but let us back into one of the bigger spots ... we hung out in the front a bit ... but the park was not busy ... so no problem .....

Our Blog
hal1phx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2015, 12:43 AM   #876

Trailers you tow behind your MH / Pictures of the whole rig

We took the trailer to Yosemite with the car, kayaks and bikes stuffed in it. It worked great!

SteveClick image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByiRV2 - RV Forum1428817371.745960.jpg
Views:	209
Size:	106.8 KB
ID:	91197Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByiRV2 - RV Forum1428817388.440918.jpg
Views:	201
Size:	91.9 KB
ID:	91198
Old 05-24-2015, 07:58 PM   #877
New to the RV World

Vintage RV Owners Club
It has been awhile since a post here, come on, lets see those long rigs.

GlennLever is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2015, 06:21 PM   #878

Vintage RV Owners Club
Glen,
Trying to figure out how to get a Facebook picture to this site. My good friends truck is overall, bumper to bumper 48.5' and his 5' tongue on his 34' three-car stacker equals 87.5' overall length. The rig is a Freightliner truck conversion, twin screw, 600HP and it's all painted a single Charcoal metallic, no stripes. Very unique!!
Dual axle air-ride trailer but... the tires are 22.5" truck tires like the truck uses.
Old 05-25-2015, 07:06 PM   #879
New to the RV World

Vintage RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrailerToad1 View Post
Glen,
Trying to figure out how to get a Facebook picture to this site. My good friends truck is overall, bumper to bumper 48.5' and his 5' tongue on his 34' three-car stacker equals 87.5' overall length. The rig is a Freightliner truck conversion, twin screw, 600HP and it's all painted a single Charcoal metallic, no stripes. Very unique!!
Dual axle air-ride trailer but... the tires are 22.5" truck tires like the truck uses.
I'm not sure you can, I know you cannot link it. You might be able to save the picture to your computer and than attach it to a post as a JPG.

You could do a screen print, edit it with paint and then post it, I know that works. Send me the link to the facebook page and I will work on it. I do not do facebook any more, but my wife does.

GlennLever is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2015, 10:30 PM   #880

This is our setup. 35' 2002 Itasca Horizon with 330hp CAT. Pulls our 28' enclosed trailer with ease.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	IMG_1505.jpg
Views:	125
Size:	256.7 KB
ID:	95275  
Old 05-26-2015, 06:39 AM   #881

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by fooler View Post
This is our setup. 35' 2002 Itasca Horizon with 330hp CAT. Pulls our 28' enclosed trailer with ease.
Nice looking setup.

Just out of curiosity, how much does your trailer weigh loaded?

Mike.
Old 05-26-2015, 07:04 AM   #882

Thor Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
here is our 40' Tuscany XTE with 18' Big Tex Car Hauler
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	RV with car hauler.jpg
Views:	164
Size:	51.6 KB
ID:	95282