Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Reply
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 07-10-2015, 07:55 PM   #925
New to the RV World
 
GlennLever's Avatar


 
Vintage RV Owners Club
American Coach Owners Club
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Rochester, NY
Posts: 2,197
Quote:
Originally Posted by STEVE-JUNELL View Post
Attachment 99695Attachment 99696
Here is a couple of ours
Nice, have to ask, what is in it?
__________________

__________________
See projects on my 1997 America Dream here, Index to the projects is in the first post.
http://www.irv2.com/forums/f107/proj...am-174380.html

GlennLever is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-10-2015, 08:50 PM   #926
Senior Member
 
PlayItForwrd's Avatar
 
Tiffin Owners Club
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 312
We towed our '88 Sun Runner 252 with our '92 27' Winnebago Brave between 2002-2004. Had a killer hitch built for the Winne...




We bought our 40' Allegro 5 years ago, and haven't put 1000 miles on her yet. (it rests comfortably most of the time waiting for us to retire ) But most of the miles we have driven her, we've taken our '03 Chaparral 262ssi along with...

__________________

__________________
2000 40' Tiffin Allegro Bus \ 2003 Chaparral 260 SSI
1988 53 x 14 Skipperliner \ 1995 32' Party Cruiser
1984 Goldwing Aspencade \ 1976 Harley Sportster
PlayItForwrd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2015, 04:14 AM   #927
Senior Member
 
STEVE-JUNELL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Wakarusa IN
Posts: 350
Quote:
Originally Posted by GlennLever View Post
Nice, have to ask, what is in it?

This weekend it's
Rzr 800 sxs
Honda recon atv
O4 Jeep Wrangler
And 6 bikes
It's kinda tricky to get it all in but pulls great this is the first time I've pulled it with this coach we traded coaches a few weeks ago and the 500hp is sweet the trailer is a 2012 atc 20'box and 6' v nose
__________________
05' Newmar EXDP 4502 08 Saturn Outlook , 14 Silverado crew, 04 Wrangler, or 26' enclosed ATC trailer
STEVE-JUNELL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2015, 05:16 AM   #928
Senior Member
 
Steve N Sal's Avatar
 
Newmar Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Michigan
Posts: 5,602
Although not ours, here's one that caught my eye at the Sun 'n Fun fly in Lakeland, FL. Seems to cover it all.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4234.jpg
Views:	346
Size:	278.1 KB
ID:	99721   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4235.jpg
Views:	171
Size:	318.3 KB
ID:	99722  

__________________
Steve & Sally / HiTee & Hudson Our Little Poms / Heidi & Houston Forever in our Hearts
04 NEWMAR MACA 3778 W22 / 05 PT Vert
Michigan (Summer) Michigan (Winter For Now)
Steve N Sal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2015, 06:02 AM   #929
Senior Member
 
STEVE-JUNELL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Wakarusa IN
Posts: 350
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve N Sal View Post
Although not ours, here's one that caught my eye at the Sun 'n Fun fly in Lakeland, FL. Seems to cover it all.

Wow that guy wins! 😊👍
__________________
05' Newmar EXDP 4502 08 Saturn Outlook , 14 Silverado crew, 04 Wrangler, or 26' enclosed ATC trailer
STEVE-JUNELL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2015, 06:12 AM   #930
New to the RV World
 
GlennLever's Avatar


 
Vintage RV Owners Club
American Coach Owners Club
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Rochester, NY
Posts: 2,197
Quote:
Originally Posted by STEVE-JUNELL View Post
This weekend it's
Rzr 800 sxs
Honda recon atv
O4 Jeep Wrangler
And 6 bikes
It's kinda tricky to get it all in but pulls great this is the first time I've pulled it with this coach we traded coaches a few weeks ago and the 500hp is sweet the trailer is a 2012 atc 20'box and 6' v nose
I have no idea how you get all that into one trailer!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve N Sal View Post
Although not ours, here's one that caught my eye at the Sun 'n Fun fly in Lakeland, FL. Seems to cover it all.

WOW
__________________
See projects on my 1997 America Dream here, Index to the projects is in the first post.
http://www.irv2.com/forums/f107/proj...am-174380.html

GlennLever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2015, 07:14 AM   #931
Senior Member
 
STEVE-JUNELL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Wakarusa IN
Posts: 350
Quote:
Originally Posted by GlennLever View Post
I have no idea how you get all that into one trailer!



WOW

Very carefullyClick image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByiRV2 - RV Forum1436620362.848686.jpg
Views:	235
Size:	91.4 KB
ID:	99727Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByiRV2 - RV Forum1436620393.371529.jpg
Views:	234
Size:	98.7 KB
ID:	99728
__________________
05' Newmar EXDP 4502 08 Saturn Outlook , 14 Silverado crew, 04 Wrangler, or 26' enclosed ATC trailer
STEVE-JUNELL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2015, 07:52 PM   #932
Member
 
ABSwift's Avatar


 
Tiffin Owners Club
Join Date: Mar 2015
Posts: 42
[attach]100060[/attach

Preliminary design drawings for my trailer...should be completed by the end of the week... What do you guys think?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	203
Size:	347.7 KB
ID:	100060  
__________________
ABSwift is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2015, 08:02 PM   #933
New to the RV World
 
GlennLever's Avatar


 
Vintage RV Owners Club
American Coach Owners Club
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Rochester, NY
Posts: 2,197
Quote:
Originally Posted by ABSwift View Post
[attach]100060[/attach

Preliminary design drawings for my trailer...should be completed by the end of the week... What do you guys think?

Just a thought, I have seen raps on the rear door of the trailer that is a picture of what is inside, they are very realistic and it is easy to do a double take on it when you see it going down the highway.
__________________
See projects on my 1997 America Dream here, Index to the projects is in the first post.
http://www.irv2.com/forums/f107/proj...am-174380.html

GlennLever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2015, 08:14 PM   #934
Senior Member
 
cdinatl's Avatar


 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 225
KSCRUDE- what length trailer are you pulling? I'm looking at a 16' alum to tow my Jeep Rubicon 4 door with and is 14.5' long. Just wondering if I need to go with an 18'.



"life happens, enjoy it".. 🇺🇸
2008 HR Ambassador DP 360 38'
__________________
cdinatl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2015, 08:40 PM   #935
New to the RV World
 
GlennLever's Avatar


 
Vintage RV Owners Club
American Coach Owners Club
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Rochester, NY
Posts: 2,197
Quote:
Originally Posted by cdinatl View Post
KSCRUDE- what length trailer are you pulling? I'm looking at a 16' alum to tow my Jeep Rubicon 4 door with and is 14.5' long. Just wondering if I need to go with an 18'.



"life happens, enjoy it".. 🇺🇸
2008 HR Ambassador DP 360 38'
My only advice is the longer trailer will be easier to resell.

I thought about an 18 foot to pull my CJ7 in and when I looked at the difference in price between the 18 and 24 foot I picked the 24 foot because I believe it will be easier to sell when the time comes.

Also if I decide to replace the jeep with a car I can still use the same trailer.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_5924.jpg
Views:	162
Size:	81.1 KB
ID:	104686  
__________________
See projects on my 1997 America Dream here, Index to the projects is in the first post.
http://www.irv2.com/forums/f107/proj...am-174380.html

GlennLever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2015, 07:53 AM   #936
Senior Member
 
zmotorsports's Avatar
 
Monaco Owners Club
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Utah
Posts: 1,449
I agree with Glenn, but only for the resale aspect. A 24' in a nice size and not any more difficult to find parking for than an 18' plus once you get loading it is nice to have the Jeep centered over the axle and still be able to get in front of it to strap it down. Another added bonus is there will be some extra space in front of the Jeep for those items that you always wanted to take but just never had the room.


One thing I like about having our trailer with us on the road is when closing up for the evening, it is nice to open a large side door of the trailer and putting the lawn chairs and gas fire pit inside rather than putting the chairs inside the storage compartment of the coach and leaving the fire ring outside all night.


Just a thought though.


Mike.
__________________
Mike & Chrystal/ 2011 Jeep JKUR
Link to our 2003 Monaco Baroness Projects/Mods thread here:
http://www.irv2.com/forums/f115/mods-upgrades-to-our-2003-dynasty-237276.html
zmotorsports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2015, 09:44 AM   #937
Member
 
John90XJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Reno, Nevada
Posts: 83
Quote:
Originally Posted by cdinatl View Post
KSCRUDE- what length trailer are you pulling? I'm looking at a 16' alum to tow my Jeep Rubicon 4 door with and is 14.5' long. Just wondering if I need to go with an 18'.



"life happens, enjoy it".. ����
2008 HR Ambassador DP 360 38'
I tow continuously it seems and the one thing that has saved my butt has been having a trailer that is loaded at about 75-80% of capacity. I needed a 102" wide trailer for rock crawling cars as well as my Jeep which runs about 84" wide. Stepping up from a 7,000 pound rating and instead choosing a 10,000 pounder has let my tires survive the last five years with only one failure. While many of my friends will be pulling a 7,000 pound trailer, they wonder why they're continually replacing tires and it's simply because they're over gross or right at it.

So it's not just the length, but the capacity that you should consider. A Jeep JKU with any kind of modification is going to be in the 5,000+ pound range. Many fully built for adventure reach 6,000 plus. Put that on a trailer rated for 7,000 and weighing 1600-1800 by itself and you can see that you're looking for problems.

Resale value of a five year old 18' 10,000 pound trailer should be in the neighborhood of 80-85% of what you paid for it. I know mine was when I sold it three weeks ago and finding one on CraigsList for less usually only means that it's been poorly maintained or is as old as the hills.

If considering aluminum, really be certain that it's truly lighter. Many I've seen are not significantly different from steel models except for the price.

Good luck.
__________________
2001.5 Discovery 38D
F402770
John90XJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2015, 12:45 PM   #938
Senior Member
 
zmotorsports's Avatar
 
Monaco Owners Club
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Utah
Posts: 1,449
Quote:
Originally Posted by John90XJ View Post
I tow continuously it seems and the one thing that has saved my butt has been having a trailer that is loaded at about 75-80% of capacity. I needed a 102" wide trailer for rock crawling cars as well as my Jeep which runs about 84" wide. Stepping up from a 7,000 pound rating and instead choosing a 10,000 pounder has let my tires survive the last five years with only one failure. While many of my friends will be pulling a 7,000 pound trailer, they wonder why they're continually replacing tires and it's simply because they're over gross or right at it.

So it's not just the length, but the capacity that you should consider. A Jeep JKU with any kind of modification is going to be in the 5,000+ pound range. Many fully built for adventure reach 6,000 plus. Put that on a trailer rated for 7,000 and weighing 1600-1800 by itself and you can see that you're looking for problems.

Resale value of a five year old 18' 10,000 pound trailer should be in the neighborhood of 80-85% of what you paid for it. I know mine was when I sold it three weeks ago and finding one on CraigsList for less usually only means that it's been poorly maintained or is as old as the hills.

If considering aluminum, really be certain that it's truly lighter. Many I've seen are not significantly different from steel models except for the price.

Good luck.
Good points. Didn't think of these due to merely discussing length earlier, but I concur.

My previous trailer had dual 5200 pound axles and we were routinely loaded around 8500-9000 pounds which allowed a lot of "wiggle room". When we ordered our current 26' trailer I opted to have dual 7k pound axles and my tires combined give me a nearly 15k pound rating. The trailer is usually loaded to 12.5k-13k (trailer, Jeep and Harley loaded) and now after 7 years and 40k plus miles on it I am glad I went with the larger axles, which also net larger brakes at the same time.

Also, depending on the height of your Jeep make certain to allow enough ceiling height for it. I had some extra height added as well as the last several feet of trailer had the beaver tail feature. This makes it especially nice for loading/unloading low vehicles but also makes it nice for a lifted Jeep as the loading angle is reduced.

Mike.
__________________

__________________
Mike & Chrystal/ 2011 Jeep JKUR
Link to our 2003 Monaco Baroness Projects/Mods thread here:
http://www.irv2.com/forums/f115/mods-upgrades-to-our-2003-dynasty-237276.html
zmotorsports is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


» Virginia Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Our Communities

Our communities encompass many different hobbies and interests, but each one is built on friendly, intelligent membership.

» More about our Communities

Automotive Communities

Our Automotive communities encompass many different makes and models. From U.S. domestics to European Saloons.

» More about our Automotive Communities

Marine Communities

Our Marine websites focus on Cruising and Sailing Vessels, including forums and the largest cruising Wiki project on the web today.

» More about our Marine Communities


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 11:57 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.