Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-20-2016, 04:29 PM   #1009

evolutn. Thanks for the info

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-20-2016, 06:26 PM   #1010

Monaco Owners Club

05 American Eagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2016, 06:30 PM   #1011

Quote:
Originally Posted by NC25T View Post
I have been trying to figure out how to bring my jeep and a boat along, exactly what I want to see! The enclosed stackers are way out of my budget... I have wrangler unlimited and am looking for a Seadoo speedster, the 15ft version.... Is it possible to put a boat on a trailer on top of a trailer like you have? Or would it be to high?

What trailer do you have and did they make it a staker or is that something you did?
I had a small shop do the work, he was a retired welder/sheet metal worker, he designed it and built it, I since added a few things but total cost was around $5500, trailer and lift system, cheaper and lighter than the stacker trailers you see for sale, it has a winch installed in front and cable goes down to four cables and pulleys under trailer and than up the poles to lower and raise the boat, trailer becomes a boat trailer when Jeep is removed and I launch the boat with trailer and Jeep while RV stays at campground.

Trailer was built just for the TJ Jeep size and a small boat, did not want a larger trailer converted, wanted trailer size no bigger than flat towing the Jeep, makes it easier to get around this way..

To your answer can you use a Jet ski/small boat trailer with stacker trailer, YES but than you have 2 trailers to deal with and loading a trailer onto a trailer is a hassle, more easy just to have 1 trailer but to each there own..

More pics below, see the winch in front under the diamond plate.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	993.png
Views:	145
Size:	509.8 KB
ID:	119483   Click image for larger version

Name:	991.png
Views:	142
Size:	368.5 KB
ID:	119484  

Name:	995.png
Views:	151
Size:	515.0 KB
ID:	119485  
Old 02-21-2016, 08:10 AM   #1012

Newmar Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackreno View Post
I had a small shop do the work, he was a retired welder/sheet metal worker, he designed it and built it, I since added a few things but total cost was around $5500, trailer and lift system, cheaper and lighter than the stacker trailers you see for sale, it has a winch installed in front and cable goes down to four cables and pulleys under trailer and than up the poles to lower and raise the boat, trailer becomes a boat trailer when Jeep is removed and I launch the boat with trailer and Jeep while RV stays at campground.

Trailer was built just for the TJ Jeep size and a small boat, did not want a larger trailer converted, wanted trailer size no bigger than flat towing the Jeep, makes it easier to get around this way..

To your answer can you use a Jet ski/small boat trailer with stacker trailer, YES but than you have 2 trailers to deal with and loading a trailer onto a trailer is a hassle, more easy just to have 1 trailer but to each there own..

More pics below, see the winch in front under the diamond plate.
Very creative and functional. Do you have any photos with it in boat trailer mode?

I know what you mean about loading a trailer on a trailer.

Roadmaster Blackhawk 2, RVI2 Brake System
Scottybdivin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2016, 12:25 PM   #1013

X 2 on creativity... Excellent idea! U

Yes I figure it would be a pita to have another trailer to mess with, really cool setup... Never thought of using the trailer to put the boat in the water...
Old 02-21-2016, 01:11 PM   #1014

Here is some pics of boat down on trailer and the winch/cable system, it launches off the trailer just like a normal boat trailer but when loading I have one advantage and when boat is on bunks I can raise boat out of the water before pulling trailer up boat ramp, winch is remote control.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	untitled.png63.png
Views:	127
Size:	321.4 KB
ID:	119542   Click image for larger version

Name:	untitled.png60.png
Size:	284.1 KB
ID:	119543  

Name:	untitled.png56.png
Views:	122
Size:	278.3 KB
ID:	119544   Click image for larger version

Name:	untitled.png61.png
Views:	130
Size:	329.2 KB
ID:	119545  

Name:	untitled.png55.png
Size:	226.7 KB
ID:	119546   Click image for larger version

Name:	untitled.png58.png
Views:	126
Size:	214.6 KB
ID:	119547  

Name:	untitled.png59.png
Views:	125
Size:	108.0 KB
ID:	119548  
Old 02-21-2016, 01:14 PM   #1015

Also makes it nice to work on boat or motor, I can have boat down flat on trailer or half way up lift system and work on bottom of boat, no need to crawl under on ground or even bend over if I don't want to..

The orange cones are for my dogs, they piss on the cones and not my tires on trailer or Jeep.
Old 02-21-2016, 06:14 PM   #1016

We had our 8.5' x 20' x 9' tall Car Carrier delivered yesterday. We're full-timers and don't expect to hit the road again for another seven weeks - I'll post a photo when we're hooked-up and ready for the road.
Koop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2016, 12:16 AM   #1017

Here's our setup. Not the newest, probably not the coolest, but I bet it's the only one dragging a good ol' wood paneled Grand Wagoneer behind it!. We love it, got a steal of a deal on it, afforded us many good memories so far and was what we could afford.

This is what we take down to Moab every year to spend a couple of weeks as a family Jeepin', camping and enjoying some fun wheeling and time together as a family. We've had the three wee ones prepped for this before they even saw the light of day.

Old 02-22-2016, 06:38 AM   #1018

Quote:
Originally Posted by firedogg View Post
Here's our setup. Not the newest, probably not the coolest, but I bet it's the only one dragging a good ol' wood paneled Grand Wagoneer behind it!. We love it, got a steal of a deal on it, afforded us many good memories so far and was what we could afford.

This is what we take down to Moab every year to spend a couple of weeks as a family Jeepin', camping and enjoying some fun wheeling and time together as a family. We've had the three wee ones prepped for this before they even saw the light of day.

That's a really cool ride post more pics of the jeep nice setup
Old 02-22-2016, 06:59 AM   #1019

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by 05 American Eagle View Post
Very sweet looking rig.

Mike.
zmotorsports is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2016, 07:00 AM   #1020

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by firedogg View Post

Nice, clean setup you have there. Need more pics of the FSJ though.

Mike.
zmotorsports is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2016, 02:24 PM   #1021

Fleetwood Owners Club
American Coach Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Quote:
Originally Posted by 05 American Eagle View Post
Yes maybe 6" taller then I need but this would do very nicely......

Ofcoarse I may run into a problem stacking the Side by Side I want, they are quite tall ? but hen the Porsche is pretty low so it may work out, Not sure......?

They don't have to many (or any) up here to look at ..... So would you mind driving by here this week sometime 05 American Eagle so I can have a closer look at it ?

Juuust Kidding of coarse, I could not afford one anyway but they are nice man, I'm sure you'll enjoy that for a long time to come.

Best rgards,

Ed
2000 American Eagle. DS.DP. 40' 350HP ISC. 4 Koni's, 1200W. Solar, EMS, Compost Toilet, LED Lighting, TPMS, Scangauge, + 5'x11' ToyTrailer = Garage =Toolshed = Boathouse = Spare bedroom = Looking for a bigger one!
RVingDutchman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2016, 02:42 PM   #1022

Quote:
Originally Posted by zmotorsports View Post
Nice, clean setup you have there. Need more pics of the FSJ though.

Mike.
Well, some of the super cool ones of us wheeling I haven't downloaded from last year yet....., but here are a few more. It's a really fun rig. It's gone from total stock 1 year ago, to a really fun and capable family wheeling rig! Lots of fun to drive. Here's a few more pics: