Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-16-2016, 07:01 AM   #1079

Quote:
Originally Posted by bokobird View Post
I see that door up near the front - is that to access storage or could a motorcycle fit up in that area?

The door is just the normal side door on most standard trailers. I guess you could put a motorcycle in that way if you had a custom ramp. Wouldn't have room for a motorcycle and most cars in a 22' trailer though. Golf cart and motorcycle, yes.

Here is another side view that's a little closer.

sims5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-16-2016, 07:10 AM   #1080

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by GlennLever View Post
Mike,

You might consider a smaller trailer for the jeep.

I have two right now the 28 foot for the dragster and a 24 foot for the Jeep.

The 24 foot for the Jeep keeps it clean going down the road and make a great second garage to store the Jeep in the winter.
Thanks Glenn. Thought about that but I don't store the Jeep, it's my daily driver and I would still have to pay to store it because I don't have room at home. The Jeep flat-tows so beautifully and is so much easier for traveling than the enclosed trailer. I just doubt I will ever get back into racing in the future which was the biggest reason for holding onto it.

The big deciding factor for me was when we traveled to Texas last month. We were traveling long days and then got into a campground, took about two minutes to unhook the Jeep to run and grab a bite of dinner and do some sightseeing. Then back to camp, about 3 minutes or so to re-connect the Jeep and it was ready for an early morning departure. Had we taken the trailer than trip I would not have unloaded the Jeep to go and explore Albuquerque for the little bit we did just to load it back up again.

I still love looking at coaches hauling enclosed trailers and drooling over everyone's setups though. Just won't be us.

Sorry to sidetrack the thread. Just rambled a bit.

Mike.
zmotorsports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2016, 07:14 AM   #1081

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by sims5 View Post
The door is just the normal side door on most standard trailers. I guess you could put a motorcycle in that way if you had a custom ramp. Wouldn't have room for a motorcycle and most cars in a 22' trailer though. Golf cart and motorcycle, yes.

Here is another side view that's a little closer.

Nice looking rig. As for the side door, we hauled our Wide Glide by loading it through the side door for a year or so. Worked out well. Pulled the Jeep into the trailer, then I had an aluminum ramp that I stuck out the side door to run the Wide Glide up into the trailer. It barely fit across the trailer with only about an inch to spare. Once we bought the HD Ultra Classic I had to load it in the trailer first from the rear gate, slightly angled into the nose then pulled the Jeep into the trailer to strap it down. It was not feasible to bring in the side door nor would it fit length wise across the trailer. For a little smaller bike than the Ultra Classic though, it is a very good way of loading and hauling a bike.

Mike.
zmotorsports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2016, 03:58 PM   #1082

Pic of my 1994 Beaver Marquis Le with 24' Pace Shadow GT in tow
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0306.jpg
Views:	235
Size:	406.1 KB
ID:	128974  
Cdnw30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2016, 08:51 PM   #1083

Tiffin Owners Club
Pretty short at 61', considering the company in this thread.

Brad Felmey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2016, 09:29 PM   #1084
New to the RV World

Vintage RV Owners Club
American Coach Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brad Felmey View Post
Pretty short at 61', considering the company in this thread.

Interesting topic, who has the longest setup, only reply if you actually drive down the road with the setup. I know I have seen longer ones than mine (72 feet).

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
GlennLever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2016, 08:07 AM   #1085

I haven't measured mine yet, but roughly 70' total.

Glenn, the 81 Cutlass race car inside is small block Olds powered, runs 9.46 at 142 mph.

I see on your website your son is into Olds cars, nice. In Rochester, you have one of the best Olds engine builders, BTR Performance !
Cdnw30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2016, 08:20 AM   #1086

We're 64' - 09", legal in most states. It's my rolling garage with our Can Am Spyder inside along with tools, bicycles, kayak and more.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	6_2csnoprkng.jpg
Views:	235
Size:	286.0 KB
ID:	129038  
Koop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2016, 09:26 AM   #1087
New to the RV World

Vintage RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cdnw30 View Post
I haven't measured mine yet, but roughly 70' total.

Glenn, the 81 Cutlass race car inside is small block Olds powered, runs 9.46 at 142 mph.

I see on your website your son is into Olds cars, nice. In Rochester, you have one of the best Olds engine builders, BTR Performance !
I have heard of them, but never been there.

Ever heard of Ross Racing Engines, they do not have a slick web site but are good. They run this 7.0 front engine dragster (Oldsmobile powered in the series I run)
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	DSC_2433.jpg
Views:	234
Size:	103.4 KB
ID:	129045   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_2435.jpg
Views:	220
Size:	87.3 KB
ID:	129046  

Name:	DSC_2436.jpg
Views:	202
Size:	95.8 KB
ID:	129047   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_2442.jpg
Views:	206
Size:	96.1 KB
ID:	129048  

Name:	DSC_2444.jpg
Views:	226
Size:	94.4 KB
ID:	129049  

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Old 06-03-2016, 11:10 AM   #1088

How do you guys run Olds without them coming apart? While they made a great car engine, normally those Olds big blocks couldn't take the high RPMs. I ran a 425 in my '71 cutlass. The webing eventually cracked.
Old 06-03-2016, 02:52 PM   #1089
New to the RV World

Vintage RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daveinet View Post
How do you guys run Olds without them coming apart? While they made a great car engine, normally those Olds big blocks couldn't take the high RPMs. I ran a 425 in my '71 cutlass. The webing eventually cracked.
I run a Pontiac, It was originally a ram air III which made it an original four bolt main the the webbing was not under cut on.

I'm at what I believe to be it's limit on survivabity. That is I have been told they will hold together up to 750 HP. I'm currently at 713.

I want to go faster so I have just purchased an al aluminum aftermarket Pontiac block and will be building a 1,200HP engine using it as the base.

The only thing left stock in my current engine is the block and the caps.

You can shot me a PM if you wish, let's get back to L O N G Rigs

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Old 06-03-2016, 04:03 PM   #1090

68 ft w/ trailer

Sent from my iPhone using iRV2 - RV Forum
NHRA225 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2016, 05:09 PM   #1091

Trailers you tow behind your MH / Pictures of the whole rig

Mandalay 43A and Carson enclosed trailer for the PWC and ATVs. Total length is 65 feet. Yup, 65 feet. That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

Pat in Menifee, CA
PCarnathan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2016, 05:12 PM   #1092

zMotorsports, how do you like towing the 24' and 28' trailers with the single rear axle motorhome at highway speeds? Windy conditions?

Quote:
Originally Posted by zmotorsports View Post
Nice looking rig. As for the side door, we hauled our Wide Glide by loading it through the side door for a year or so. Worked out well. Pulled the Jeep into the trailer, then I had an aluminum ramp that I stuck out the side door to run the Wide Glide up into the trailer. It barely fit across the trailer with only about an inch to spare. Once we bought the HD Ultra Classic I had to load it in the trailer first from the rear gate, slightly angled into the nose then pulled the Jeep into the trailer to strap it down. It was not feasible to bring in the side door nor would it fit length wise across the trailer. For a little smaller bike than the Ultra Classic though, it is a very good way of loading and hauling a bike.

Mike.
WhereItsAt is offline   Reply With Quote