Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-02-2016, 07:02 PM   #1037

Here's my rig, all set up & ready to go to Truckhaven tomorrow for TDS Desert Safari. The trailer is actually a rental unit (for now). Total length: 55'
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_0706_crop_150dpi.jpg
Views:	202
Size:	183.8 KB
ID:	120389  
PantherJeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-03-2016, 04:39 AM   #1038

Tiffin Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by sims5 View Post
Finally had the chance to hook mine up to the new Discovery. Pulled it outside between showers. I'm ready for spring!

I have been looking at enclosed trailers and have decided to purchase an 18' stacker, now to decide what manufacturer, ATC, Intech, Cargo Mate, Shadow?

Old 03-03-2016, 04:53 AM   #1039

Vintage RV Owners Club
Nice coach Mark,

If you go with the stacker or even with your current trailer you can protect your investment with our Trailer Toad.
This isn't a sales pitch, just concern from someone who sees the "results" of thinking the factory hitch and frame can handle the impacts and abuse the highways hand out.

If you get a minute take a look at our website and if you have any questions give me a call.

Free Shipping in March and April.

Safe travels,

Jok
Old 03-03-2016, 07:16 AM   #1040

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shark2 View Post
I have been looking at enclosed trailers and have decided to purchase an 18' stacker, now to decide what manufacturer, ATC, Intech, Cargo Mate, Shadow?

Put T&E trailers on your list as well. They build a great trailer and are great to answer questions. In my opinion a cut above the ones you mentioned.

I would say the Haulmark Edge series (stackers included) would be closer to an ATC, with the ATC being slightly better due to materials but also at a higher price point.

Mike.
zmotorsports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2016, 08:50 AM   #1041

Trailers you tow behind your MH / Pictures of the whole rig

Thanks Shark2 for the compliments.
My trailer is 22' in length. Depending on what your hauling 18' stacker seems to short in length for me. Just remember you need room in front of the vehicle to move around to be able tie it down.

I'm currently pricing a trailer out for a friend and have been looking at the Stealth ultra-lite, ATC and the Intech. These aren't stackers though.
sims5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2016, 08:59 AM   #1042

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eyephoto View Post
All you guys with the beautiful enclosed trailers, we can't see the cool toys you are hauling. This is my SIG setup. BTW as I travel down the freeways, I see people start to pass me, then slow down, get their cell phones out, and start filming the toad.
The toads racing stripe is just too much
Old 03-03-2016, 09:56 AM   #1043

southwind99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2016, 10:56 AM   #1044

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrailerToad1 View Post
Nice coach Mark,

If you go with the stacker or even with your current trailer you can protect your investment with our Trailer Toad.
This isn't a sales pitch, just concern from someone who sees the "results" of thinking the factory hitch and frame can handle the impacts and abuse the highways hand out.

If you get a minute take a look at our website and if you have any questions give me a call.

Free Shipping in March and April.

Safe travels,

Jok
Interesting and cool product! Anyone use this?
NC25T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2016, 12:43 PM   #1045
New to the RV World

Vintage RV Owners Club
American Coach Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by sims5 View Post
Thanks Shark2 for the compliments.
My trailer is 22' in length. Depending on what your hauling 18' stacker seems to short in length for me. Just remember you need room in front of the vehicle to move around to be able tie it down.

I'm currently pricing a trailer out for a friend and have been looking at the Stealth ultra-lite, ATC and the Intech. These aren't stackers though.
The height and length proportions would not look right with a 18 foot stacker

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
GlennLever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2016, 01:08 PM   #1046

Tiffin Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Toad that's SIMS5 coach and trailer, ( Mine is the same color ).

Sims yes the most I will have in it is a small car below with the 2 Harley's and mountain bikes up top, longest would be a 20 footer, not much cost diff from 18 to 20 and all Alum trailer would be in the 5000 lb empty range.
Old 03-03-2016, 02:29 PM   #1047

Shark2.
I look forward to seeing the stacker all painted to match. Well maybe I don't, then I'd want to wrap or paint mine more than I already do!

I don't know about the stackers, but Intech makes a very nice looking trailer. I would also suggest T&E for a stacker. They look very nice also.
Old 03-03-2016, 04:41 PM   #1048

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shark2 View Post

Am really pleased with the InTech we purchased. Built to our specifications. Great construction (visited plant) and they provided a lot of pictures of our build. Am impressed with their construction.

Had a couple minor (really minor) issues and the customer service was top notch.

Looked originally at a HaulMark but the trailer curb weight was 12,000. Price was right but weight not so much. InTech trailer is 6350 so can get all of the toys in. Loaded the tongue weight is 800 lbs because of the spread triple axles.
Old 03-04-2016, 06:00 AM   #1049

Tiffin Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordon Dewald View Post
Am really pleased with the InTech we purchased. Built to our specifications. Great construction (visited plant) and they provided a lot of pictures of our build. Am impressed with their construction.

Had a couple minor (really minor) issues and the customer service was top notch.

Looked originally at a HaulMark but the trailer curb weight was 12,000. Price was right but weight not so much. InTech trailer is 6350 so can get all of the toys in. Loaded the tongue weight is 800 lbs because of the spread triple axles.
Gordon, how long is your InTech?
Old 03-04-2016, 06:22 AM   #1050

Shark2 I noticed several stackers for sale on racing junk.com Used and New