Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-19-2016, 03:50 PM   #1

Trans West RV dealer in Frederick, CO

I'm looking for references from anyone who has purchase an RV from Trans West in Frederick, CO 80504 (or any of their locations) http://www.transwest.com/

Would also me interested in finding a local tech/inspector (diesel and high-end coach knowledge ) for Frederick, CO area.
Just For Fun is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-19-2016, 04:17 PM   #2

Newmar Owners Club
I bought a 2014 Newmar Ventana LE 3634 about 2.5 yrs ago. Wade Stroh was the salesman...mostly handled over the internet, e-mail and phone. Smooth transaction, good PDI, and have only been back once for minot warranty work. We're loving our DP.
jimfh2o is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2016, 07:00 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimfh2o View Post
I bought a 2014 Newmar Ventana LE 3634 about 2.5 yrs ago. Wade Stroh was the salesman...mostly handled over the internet, e-mail and phone. Smooth transaction, good PDI, and have only been back once for minot warranty work. We're loving our DP.
Good to know.

Thanks.
Old 10-20-2016, 11:01 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimfh2o View Post
Jim:

"...good PDI..."?
Old 10-21-2016, 06:04 AM   #5

Newmar Owners Club
It was our second motorhome so we knew mm ost of what to expect and didn't have many questions. The couple that did the PDI went over everything and gave us their card to call them if we ever had any questions.
jimfh2o is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2016, 06:34 AM   #6

Newmar Owners Club
Last year our POS Thor Palazzo had a serious air leak while travelling near Denver, CO. We barely made it to TransWest. Service there was very busy. Nevertheless they got us in the next day and fixed our air leak. They seemed to be very well organized and efficient.

I kind of judge a dealership on their service capabilities. From my experience TransWest did better than most.
Carefree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2016, 09:03 AM   #7
Commercial Member

i recommend trans west for owners who need hwh service. they do a great job.
azpete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2016, 06:32 PM   #8

Holiday Rambler Owners Club
I am purchasing an older MH now through them - possibly, maybe - salesman seems to be back peddling on his verbal promises. I am glad to hear some of the positive answers here.

Told me it has new tires, now saying if 5-7 yrs old then they won't change them. Which calls into question everything he has said to me. Said as this is a freight liner shop they will go through the chassis and house and "fix anything they find wrong" - I hope he is telling the truth.

I am using for the chassis inspection the following company. They are coming out on Tuesday next week for the safety inspection. The guys coming out are contracted with the county for all fatal truck crash investigations for root cause analysis.
A Convenient Change
Truck & Trailer Repair
(720) 220-5080
Mobile Truck, Trailer Repair, & DOT Inspections

I haven't found a good house inspector yet. There is one nationwide company that I talked to but they won't go on the roof. I may do the house side myself.
Old 10-21-2016, 06:37 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Just For Fun View Post
Jim:

"...good PDI..."?
Pre or post delivery inspection I think.

They have told me I can stay in their campground to get the inspection and learn systems. This will be my first MH and it is diesel so I am not even really sure how to drive the thing. You all might want to stay out of Colorado until I figure it out. They are on the highway frontage road so I will be learning on long stretch of highway.
Old 10-21-2016, 10:32 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by RV-Writer View Post
Pre or post delivery inspection I think.

They have told me I can stay in their campground to get the inspection and learn systems. This will be my first MH and it is diesel so I am not even really sure how to drive the thing. You all might want to stay out of Colorado until I figure it out. They are on the highway frontage road so I will be learning on long stretch of highway.
Great fortunes to you on your - hopefully - positive future ride.

I'd be very interested in knowing the quality and charges for the one(s) you use to do your "pre-purchase" inspection. In my opinion, the most important inspection.
Old 10-21-2016, 11:46 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Just For Fun View Post
Great fortunes to you on your - hopefully - positive future ride.

I'd be very interested in knowing the quality and charges for the one(s) you use to do your "pre-purchase" inspection. In my opinion, the most important inspection.
Thanks.
The chassis inspection is basically a DOT safety inspection by an expert. He charges about 200$

If you have a rig in mind he will be out there this Tuesday and could probably do yours and save you a little money on the trip charge portion. I think I will do the house inspection myself. I downloaded by purchasing a nice checklist to go through. 25 dollars or so.
Old 10-23-2016, 09:31 PM   #12

RV-Writer:

PM sent.

Tags
dealer