Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2
Old 11-21-2011, 06:58 PM   #43
Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Bandit lays between the seats or on the floor in front of Kate. He sleeps a lot with a sporatic outburst of odor that nobody enjoys, he just lifts his head when being accused as to say. who me?

2002 Newmar Dutch Star DP3569 330 CAT - Toad Jeep Liberty, DW is the Nagivator. Work to travel and everything revolves around the price of diesel.
rvjimmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-22-2011, 07:51 AM   #44
Shelties are supposed to be so smart; ours isn't. Tried the doggie seatbelt attachment thingie; he kept circling around until it wrapped him up so tight I almost couldn't release him. In the A he was so nervous he'd run from back to front, then get the diarhea and go on the carpet. Only alternative was to cage him. Now with the FW, he's only nervous while riding in the back seat of the truck, but at least he doesn't poop!

Off topic: after 12yrs we know he'll never get any smarter. And now he's got bladder cancer and is on chemo, and we treat him like a king and want to make his last year(s) as comfortable as possible and enjoy his company. No more pets for us; it's just to hard to let go.

--2005 F350 Superduty Crewcab, 6.0, 4wd, short bed, 3.73 gears
--2016 Montana 3711FL, 40'
--SOLD 2014 Wildcat 327CK, 38'
ralphie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2011, 08:38 AM   #45
Chokes me up to think of when Sadie gets old and I have to put here down.
2004 32' National Sea Breeze 1311 Class A on a F-53 Chassis, CHF, TST TPMS, 5Star Tune.
If Dunner (RVM23) can't fix it, it ain't broke!
Cheap Handling Fix Poll. Click Here to vote?
Dunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2011, 07:40 AM   #46
Fleetwood Owners Club
Location: Back in Philly for the fall heading to Sunshine before the snow flies
Originally Posted by dukenrock View Post
Our Boxer Diesel lets up roam about the MH while traveling
I'm sure you get some funny looks at truck stops, we do as Zeus likes to drive also. Truckers always chuckle when they see him in the drivers seat looking around.
hondo122 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2011, 01:57 PM   #47
On the dash, she also rides on the gas tank of my ATV(over 6000 miles without a mishap)-better not to tether her than to have her pinned under the ATV(or RV) or me on top of her.

Outlaw LS '16 JK Ruby '13 TJ '04 Ruby XJ '98-all built for Moab, HD Trike '15, AC Wildcat Trail in garage
Dav5942 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2011, 04:51 PM   #48
Since 1976 our dogs have always ridden where they wanted. When our two girls were young they usually sat in the rear dinette and colored or read books and magazines and the dog usually was near by. As they grew and eventually left the dog was usually close or on the lap of my DW and still usually is. No cage or leash while traveling for us. I am sure that the safety Nazi's will jump on me about this.
Ross Murphy
2000 Fleetwood Discovery 37G
PT Cruiser Toad
Scooter Ride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2011, 07:02 PM   #49
Sam sleeps on the couch directly behind me and occasionally will sit up and put his head on my shoulder for a scratch and a good word or two.
98 Beaver Monterey, 3126 Cat
2010 Toyota Matrix on dolly
beachboy27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2011, 07:53 PM   #50
Sadie tries to sleep on the passenger seat until she realizes the sun doesn't shine on the couch.
2004 32' National Sea Breeze 1311 Class A on a F-53 Chassis, CHF, TST TPMS, 5Star Tune.
Old 11-27-2011, 09:47 PM   #51
I took out the table on the dinet, and Callie, our Doberman's crate fits in between the seats, very snuggly. She has been raised as a pup in a crate, she feels safe and secure there. I put velcro on the crate and the tabletop so it's not completely useless. Tigger, has a car-sick problem, but the Vet gave us some pills that help tremendouly. He rides in his crate until noon, then is let out to roam, he has problems the first day and half of the next then seems to enjoy the ride after that.
'05 Monaco Beaver 400 Quad SLD 400hp C-9 Caterpillar
2014 Grand Cherokee, Limited, diesel
Katie-Doberman Pinscher, Tigger, yellow Tabbycat.
GreaTOne65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2011, 09:51 PM   #52
Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
We use very large dog pillows/beds. They just sit or lay down and relax on the beds. Never been an issue for a problem.
Steve & Leslie
Winnebago 2007 Adventurer 38T
Honda 2010 CR-V "Toad"
Stevegd007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2011, 12:41 AM   #53
Our two sit / lie / sleep where ever they choose. No leash law in our RV...
2012 Montana 3582RL
Automobilist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2011, 04:35 PM   #54
Winnebago Owners Club
When actually driving, Maggie (my older dog) sits in the passenger chair and keeps an eye on me and the passing scenery. Chase (my young dog) doesn't challenge Maggie's right as alpha to the seat and rides in a dog bed in the front passenger foot area with the stairwell closed off. He can see out the windshield if he sits up and he is usually doing that and watching me. Now and then they will take a walk back into the MH to get a drink of water or something, but when we are moving they are up front 99% of the time.

They find urban areas boring and usually sleep through those (wish I could). Any animals or birds out in the country get their immediate attention.

Once we've arrived at a destination, they (and I) live in the MH pretty much as we do at home - namely, they have the run of the place, but are never far from where I am. They are usually pretty tired because we have either been hunting all day or out walking in wilderness places.

Mostly, though, we are outside:

Birddogman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2011, 06:02 PM   #55
At home, Sadie isn't allowed out, but at the dunes, I kick her out in the morning, but watch where she "goes". She rides where she wants when I'm traveling.

Ya know those plastic bags in the produce section? Well, a half roll of one just fell into my cart and somehow made it out to my truck. They work great for picking up after Sadie.
Old 12-01-2011, 09:28 PM   #56
Originally Posted by SPICoaster
After numerous trial and error tests we've found the appropriate amount of the Velcro loop placed at the proper angle on a side wall works well with a particular sweater the dog like to wear. He gets so excited when he sees the MH in the drive way AND we take out his special little sweater. As we enter the MH to take off we just stick him to the wall and all is well.

We found this worked so much better than the duct tape method others had suggested since it doesn't remove any hair from the dog when we let him lose again at the campground.

BTW - in reality he usually just rides on the couch, bed, chair or his favorite spot, my DW's lap.

Okay - this post made my whole day!

2012 Fleetwood Discovery 40G
2012 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara
2005 Chevy Z71 Suburban
40GnTX is offline   Reply With Quote