Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-30-2014, 03:45 PM   #1

Traveling with Motorcycle

We travel with our HD and Polaris Ranger. We go to all the rallies but looking for other places to go and looking for new places. We do not have to attend rallies but want motorcycle friendly places to visit. Any suggestions?
Cooler55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-30-2014, 03:56 PM   #2

Forest River Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Cooler55,

Depends on where in the country you are and what kind of riding you like to do. We enjoy riding our motorcycle all over the Pacific Northwest and Western Canada during the summer months and Southern Arizona and surrounding states during the winter.

Hope this helps.
jhlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2014, 03:59 PM   #3

Fleetwood Owners Club
Depends where you are . We live in the Poconos in pa . lots of great riding and biker friendly places!!Beautiful mt . scenery . Check us out!!!
kentouw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2014, 09:40 PM   #4

Fleetwood Owners Club
Colorado has great riding for both your HD and Ranger.

Sent from my iPhone using iRV2 - RV Forum
WesinRockies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2014, 05:43 AM   #5

We've ridden the entire length of rt.1/101 on the westcoast, throughout the rockies, around the great lakes, New England coastal & inland, even did Alaska in 2007. Through the years we've done 49 states, and 8 Canadian Provinces. The only thing stopping you as to where to ride, is your imagination.
Ramets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2014, 06:48 AM   #6

Since your profile shows Kansas I would suggest Eureka springs Ak, Branson, Pig Trail, Russelvile area. I stop two times a year and we have ridden almost everywhere. I also like SW Colorado but a little farther for you.
Dupdyke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2014, 07:04 AM   #7

The Smokies---Tail of the Dragon,Blue Ridge, Maggie Valley area ( stop at Wheels Thru Time Museum),Natchez Trace anywhere away from big cities
PanJH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2014, 07:06 AM   #8

Fleetwood Owners Club
American Coach Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Eureka Springs, AR is a fantastic place to hub from in my opinion, you can enjoy several days of riding form here and most of the rides are fabulous both directions.

Arkansas Motorcycle Roads & Rides - Best Arkansas motorcycle routes for planning great Arkansas motorcycle trips | Motorcycle Roads and Rides | MotorcycleRoads.com

I also love the Black Hills in SD, I prefer the week before the Sturgis Rally as rates are lower and the roads have been swept at intersections so minimal gravel/sand.

Another area not far from you is Lake of the Ozarks, many great rides during the week around the Lake, the local Harley Store in Osage Beach will provide you some great routes.

Southern Utah/Northern Arizona is probably one of my favorites, St George, Utah is a great place from hub or you can leave Motorhome about anywhere and travel for 5-7 days and live off the bike which is what I have done on my past 2 trips. Las Vegas, Phoenix, St George are all great places to leave the coach and take off. Zion, Bryce, Lake Powell, North Rim of Grand Canyon are all part of my must routes when I go out.

I love CO and New Mexico as well.

Good luck.
jeryan59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2014, 07:10 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by PanJH View Post
The Smokies---Tail of the Dragon,Blue Ridge, Maggie Valley area ( stop at Wheels Thru Time Museum),Natchez Trace anywhere away from big cities

Oh my God, the Dragons Tail will just about cure you of wanting to do any more twisties. 318 curves in about 11 miles. Especially if some bozo in a tractor trailer didn't heed the warning signs for 18 wheelers. Google The Dragons Tail and see some of the photos.
Ramets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2014, 08:08 AM   #10

These are all great suggestions. I live in wichita, KS so the Arkansas and.Colorado sound like good places. I have a ridden a little thru AR. Lived previously in OH so got down to Tail of Dragon often. Looking for places to MH to and then take 150-200 mile rides from there best scenic and twisty roads the better. Any suggestions in OK or TX?
Cooler55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2014, 08:49 AM   #11

Fleetwood Owners Club
Just get on and ride. I started to tour all lower 48 in 1984 on a 83 Venture Royal Yamaha. Via two weeks vacation times in the spring & fall.

South spring & North fall. Finished up the last 3 states WA, OR and CA in 1989 on a 89 Venture Royal. A lot of my destinations on the way were Rallies.

In 89 spring I had the new bike pinstriped at a rally in Richmond, KY and that fall I had the same pinstripe guy do my helmet at Reno, NV rally.

Retired in 99 and for 9 years pulled the Venture Royal or FXSTI behind the MH for 5 months in the summer.
Triker56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2014, 03:37 PM   #12

Fleetwood Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Since CO is on your list, here is a guide to the roads in CO and their difficulty rating. Rider Resources — CDOT
qqvepy is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
travel