Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-17-2016, 10:57 AM   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by NMRVer View Post
We have on several occasions. With three generations in the coach, we've had great times, good times and once a bad falling out. It's hard to please everyone, so we've made everyone responsible for 1 activity they want. That way we have at least thing things we will do. Also they can do their own individual "thing" on their private time.

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-17-2016, 11:44 AM   #30

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Can't imagine traveling in the coach with another couple. No thank you.

Previously a 2002 Fleetwood Pace Arrow 37A and a 1995 Safari Trek 2830.
vsheetz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2016, 11:56 AM   #31
Community Moderator

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by big willie View Post
My wife and I are buying a diesel pusher this summer and looking to do some traveling. Has anyone traveled with in laws on trips in the same coach. Looking for pros and cons. Thanks in advance for your responses. Colorful responses encouraged.
Quote:
My wife wants to take the mother in law along. How do I ask her to stay on one side of the coach, I am planning on filling the tires on one side of the coach with helium to help with her weight problem. She can sit on a dollar and make 4 quarters she is as big as a change machine. My plan is to take her to a state I never plan to visit again and put her in a nursing home there. I will probably send her sock money out of sheer guilt.
I offer that an option is that you could tow a Travel Trailer for your MIL. Like a "granny flat" at home...you could even alternate who entertains for dinner
Kim and Steve, Mustang LCDR (Ret), Damon Outlaw #1193
I have seen gross intolerance shown in support of tolerance, Samuel Coleridge
https://www.irv2.com/attachments/signaturepics/sigpic84535_7.gif
WE LOVE OUR OUTLAW RV
Scarab0088 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2016, 01:37 PM   #32

We've gone on many long weekend outings with the son, DIL, & grandson with no problems at all. We decided this past summer to take them from FL to Mt. Rushmore, Yellowstone, & Grand Tetons. Were with the DIL & GS for 1 week, then son flew to Rapid City and was with us for 2 weeks. So all-in-all, we were 3 weeks with someone else with us. I can honestly say we had no issues and thoroughly enjoyed it. We would do it again, and they say the same. Actually, we're planning another trip for summer of 2017. I will say it got old breaking down the sofas each night to make beds and then unmaking the beds the next day, but knowing there was an end in sight, it was okay. I would not want to do that forever. We only have 1 bathroom and didn't have any bathroom issues either. I never felt like I couldn't use it when I wanted.
Old 01-17-2016, 03:10 PM   #33

My mother in law is actually healthy and fun to be around. We traveled with them before with no problems just not in a coach. Our preconceived thought is to travel to florida together from st Louis and then they move to a cabin when we get there. We have a 3 year old son traveling with us as well. I am disabled and don't get around well this is the purpose for the pusher. I was wondering how the actual travel with 4 adults would be going down the highway or if it would be too cramped. Thanks for all the replies it has been enlightening and entertaining.
Old 01-17-2016, 08:13 PM   #34

Winnebago Owners Club
No. Way.
Old 01-17-2016, 08:59 PM   #35

We had a 33' Safari Simba for ten years. Father in law and mother in law went on a wheel long trip on the Oregon coast. Mother in law stated before the trip she hated rvs and would stay in a hotel. We agreed and took her to a hotel the first night. She ignored me when I said "we're here you can go in". Never heard another word about staying in a hotel the rest of the trip. We have a really close friend and his wife. We like the same things and have traveled in this 33' many times and sometimes for almost 3 months and we are still really close friends. Don't know of anyone else we could do this with, though.
Old 01-17-2016, 10:08 PM   #36

Carolina Campers
Traveling with other couple

Quote:
My wife wants to take the mother in law along. How do I ask her to stay on one side of the coach, I am planning on filling the tires on one side of the coach with helium to help with her weight problem. She can sit on a dollar and make 4 quarters she is as big as a change machine. My plan is to take her to a state I never plan to visit again and put her in a nursing home there. I will probably send her sock money out of sheer guilt.

I am having a hard time getting off the floor after reading this post..... I resemble that remark.... Let me know where, I'll plan a trip as well...
Old 01-18-2016, 06:47 AM   #37

We found our coach is the perfect way to visit with family.

We now stay in the MH and they all cram in the beach cottage now for vacation or we stay in the MH instead of the implied need to stay at thier place.....

So nice to be able to set our our schedule to a great degree and made both family get togethers this past year much less stressful.
Betr2Trvl is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2016, 07:20 AM   #38

FWIW I think at least part of it depends on the nature of the trip. Casual sight seeing has different dynamics than going to something like a weekend craft show where the schedule is more or less pre determined. Ditto age differences. Taking an aging parent or grandchild is different than packing in another adult couple used to making their own choices.
Old 01-18-2016, 12:00 PM   #39

Very interesting and funny thread..

I will admit... my GF and I prefer to be in our RV by ourselves... but we also love to entertain..

I plan about 2-3 trips each year with friends.. We all have our bikes and love to travel with them.. we typically find a destination and plan around it.. some of the trips we've done are; MI (South Haven) and the KY Bourbon Trail (doing both again this year)..

We typically invite another couple who doesn't have an RV to join us.. We've done that a couple times and it's worked out nicely... One of the reasons I feel it works for us, is having the 2nd bathroom... When we go to bed at night.. they have their space (front of the RV) and we have ours (master bedroom)... having our own bathrooms to use is key.. this is great during the night, and the mornings..

As for traveling to the destination... we usually pick a stopping point and everyone gets there when they get there.. some drive faster/slower than others.. we communicate by texting each other, as some have to stop for gas faster than others.. by the time its all said and done.. we usually arrive within minutes of each other.. kinda funny how that works out..

We did Sturgis last year with 4 other couples and three RV's... The fist rule established; no one has an umbilical cord attached... do what you want.. we all end up at the same place and get to talk about our adventures... it was great !!

We find ourselves VERY lucky that two of our passions (HD's and RV's) blend so beautifully together.. and it goes without saying that both are a GREAT group of people !!
oakcreekeric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2016, 03:24 PM   #40

Ford Super Duty Owner
Georgie Boy Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by oakcreekeric View Post

We find ourselves VERY lucky that two of our passions (HD's and RV's) blend so beautifully together.. and it goes without saying that both are a GREAT group of people !!
Eric,

We also share those passions with others. We did Laconia Bike Week 2015 with another couple who rode from MD to there on the HD. They arrived 2 days after we did and insisted on a tent site. All was good except for the weather... 2 rainy days brought them to the RV sofa for the evening. It was weird sharing our living space since our schedules were so different, I stay up till 2AM and they want to go to sleep at 11PM, I get up around noon and they arise at 7AM.
We have 3 dogs which are our babies and they travel everywhere in the RV with us. Let's just say it is different to share our space with others.
W3BY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2016, 04:58 PM   #41

I got hit on my Road King. Used to love to ride. Girl texting and driving hit me at 50 from behind while I was stopped. We all know the moral to that story.
Old 01-18-2016, 06:32 PM   #42

Quote:
I got hit on my Road King. Used to love to ride. Girl texting and driving hit me at 50 from behind while I was stopped. We all know the moral to that story.
Ouch ?!?!?

Glad to see you're still among the living after that experience..

oakcreekeric is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
travel