Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2
Old 06-05-2015, 04:43 PM   #1
Fleetwood Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Question Trimark Door Handle is Dead

I have a 2007 Fleetwood Discovery and have had gradually worsening problems with the Trimark 030-0900 door handle. I tried lubricating all the parts, making sure the latch was adjusted, pushing in, making sure the coach was level, and checking to see that the door was square. Oddly enough I had to pull it out then quickly pull the paddle for it to unlatch.

On Monday the latch completely died on me. I was locked out and had to climb through the driver's window (which I started leaving unlocked because the Fleetwood rep told be to just break a window when I first had the problem) to get in. I removed the post on the door frame and use the deadbolt to lock the door because I am full timing it right now.

I searched the internet and the Trimark site and haven't found any instructions on how to replace the handle. It appears fairly simple since I only see three screws. The problem is I have the electronic remote lock on it and the factory drawings do not show any connections. I have yet to pull the three screws because it appears that is all that is holding the outside handle on and the deadbolt. Obviously I do not want to pull the handle to go to the RV parts store to compare the replacement to make sure they are the same as the RV would be wide open at that point.

Does anyone know if it is just as simple as the three screws? If so, do you know how the electronic lock ties in?

The RV repair shops say to drop it off and they will get to it when they can. Since I am full timing it, self repair it is. I was going to replace it this weekend but can wait if there are better ideas. Thanks.

2007 Fleetwood Discovery 39S
qqvepy is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-05-2015, 05:23 PM   #2
We had the same problem of being locked in and locked out. Just today we had American to order a complete replacement for our 07 Fleetwood Revolution LE. Now we have to deal with finding someone reliable to install it!! Camping World in Arkansas is not a good choice! Good luck on getting yours fixed!

Jarhead1967 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2015, 08:08 PM   #3
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Remove the locking knobs and then the three screws.
Remove the inside cover plate.
Remove the broken piece of the lock bolt.
Look inside the mechanism where the bolt goes and there is a compression spring.
Use a needle nosed pliars and remove the spring. Bend a piece of wire and push the bolt back and the door will open.
Harold & Linda
2009 CT coachworks siena 35V
W22 Workhorse 8.1L. Explorer Sport toad,
az bound is offline   Reply With Quote