Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-08-2017, 05:37 PM   #1

Tripod Stand for a Tailgater Satellie Antenna

Looking at the Tailgater and the associated tripod stand. Worried about wind impact on the tripod. Anchors will hold the legs to the ground but does the "tabs and slots" provide sufficient stability for holding the unit to the arms. Has anyone come up with a solution to improve stability? Thankls!
glemo81540 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-08-2017, 06:18 PM   #2

Winnebago Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Holiday Rambler Owners Club
I am not familiar with their tripod. I have used a Tailgater since 2012, just placing it on the ground and have never been in a spot where I couldn't get signal. Its more important to have an extra 100 feet of coax cable to get away from the trees.
Try just placing it on the ground, you may be pleasantly surprised.
chuckftboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2017, 06:27 PM   #3

KZ RV Club
I use an approx 3'X3' chunk of plywood with eyebolts at all four corners (and a circular bubble level stuck off to the side) for the Tailgater. Wind comes up, I bungee the dish. Wind REALLY comes up, I bungee the dish and add rocks/bricks to the plywood.
GumpAir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2017, 07:40 PM   #4

It sounds as though you're concerned about the tailgater security on the tripod. I have the King Tailgater and the King tripod. The tailgater fits quite nicely on the three legs of the tripod. Coincidentally, there are holes on the base of the tailgater that line themselves to each leg. All that's required is to drill a hole in each tripod arm directly under the tailgater holes. Then a screw and nut can be employed to attach them together.
Old 03-08-2017, 09:34 PM   #5

Gulf Streamers Club
Spartan Chassis
I have the tailgater and tripod and have more trouble getting it back off the base then anything else. We had a 60 mph wind storm come through campground last year in June, it destroyed a few awnings, broke tree limps off one of which fell on camp host's RV but the tailgater was still where I set it up when the weather cleared.
Old 03-09-2017, 08:48 AM   #6

We have the same unit. Bought the ladder mount. Works great. Out of the way and only a couple of times the reception was bad and had to move. I could have taken it down but then I would have to put it back. Moving was easier.

Tags
antenna