Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-20-2018, 08:40 AM   #29

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
MO Fred,
I only use truck stops when towing my toad and have never had a problem with current DP. I did have a V10 MH that just would not fill from any station unless I held the nozzle and barely squeezed. Took forever to fill. Took it to my Ford dealer and made them pull the tank. When they did they found the vent hose completely closed off where it bent because it was 6" to long. Once fixed everything was fine.

Have them check your vent.

Richard
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-20-2018, 08:45 AM   #30

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcussen View Post
Filled at Sam's club today, only allowed me $75 at a time. So had to shut off and restart 3 times. Pumped at full speed [car nozzles] so took about 35 minutes. Could have done same thing at Loves Truck Stop in about 10 minutes, and checked tires with the supplied air hose, cleaned my big windshield and probably got fresher fuel as well. I have a 190 gal tank so think my coach was designed to take fuel at full speed just like most semi's do.
Our local SAM's Clup is right at the exit if I-95 and SR 520, in Fla, and is easy to get in and out of even when I'm 67 ft long towing my F-150. I have a Good Sam Club card that gives me a discount either at Pilot across the road or at Flying J's 2 miles up the road but even with the Good Sam discount it's still 20 or 30 cents a gal cheaper at Sam's Club. Since I'm usually pumping around 100 gal at a time that's enough savings to pay for a nice dinner out for the two of us. Not all SAM's Clubs can accommodate big rig RV's though so when we're traveling I stick to the truck stops unless I verify ahead of time (either by word of mouth or driving there with the toad) that I can get in and out without any issues.
MI FLA Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2018, 11:23 AM   #31

Quote:
Originally Posted by MI FLA Mike View Post
Our local SAM's Clup is right at the exit if I-95 and SR 520, in Fla, and is easy to get in and out of even when I'm 67 ft long towing my F-150. I have a Good Sam Club card that gives me a discount either at Pilot across the road or at Flying J's 2 miles up the road but even with the Good Sam discount it's still 20 or 30 cents a gal cheaper at Sam's Club. Since I'm usually pumping around 100 gal at a time that's enough savings to pay for a nice dinner out for the two of us. Not all SAM's Clubs can accommodate big rig RV's though so when we're traveling I stick to the truck stops unless I verify ahead of time (either by word of mouth or driving there with the toad) that I can get in and out without any issues.
I do the same thing. Before any trip I fill up at my local Sam's because it is so much cheaper that any Loves/Pilot, even using my 10 cents off a gallon Loves card. But when travelling am willing to pay the extra money for the convenience of a truck stop.
Old 12-20-2018, 04:59 PM   #32

I have the same problem, but it is large part due to the design of your rig. On mine, i have a sharp 90 degree turn, I cannot put the fuel hose inside the tank more than an inch or two before it hits so If i give it to much it will trip the shut off.

Also with the high speed pumps the fuel will foam up much more and you will get a big build up of just foam. Its a process you will figure out what you can get away with.
Old 12-20-2018, 05:35 PM   #33

Newmar Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Spartan Chassis
Usually fill on drivers side, start slow, after flow is established it will fill on fast rate. Due to foaming, I step it down to slowest rate at about 10 gallons before tank is full. Passenger side fill, is very slow, so I seldom use it.

Tags
fuel, fuel pump