Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-14-2013, 09:35 AM   #15

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
I have read all the warnings about pressure washers and slide out seals (this is the 1st time I have seen one on double pane windows) and so on.. I have used BB one time and two other services (one mobile) as well.. In all 3 cases the results were good. BB does train it's workers (or so I am told) and it appeared they knew how to avoid causing issues.. and as I recall they did go on the roof. But, that said, been 8 years so I may have faulty recall.

I then drove a few miles down the road and everybody commented on how good my rig looked.

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-14-2013, 06:36 PM   #16

Have used BB three times, Phoenix, Denver and Fargo and have had good results each time. Don't do the roof, not wanting high pressure on the satellite connections up there or loosening the seals. Did the toad as well. Since we're full time we don't have a S&B house to do the washing and as stated above RV parks really look down on washing your RV. Will use them again.

Old 08-15-2013, 07:30 AM   #17

Monaco Owners Club
I use them. Talk to the team leader, tell him what you want or don't want. Slip him a $20 and watch it happen. easy peasey
Coma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2013, 08:32 AM   #18
doc

Appalachian Campers
We have used them a few times. I asked about this supposed acid wash they use on trucks and could I get a wash without that. He told me the wash was a citrus based and would not harm the finish. They have a system to spray down on the roof to rinse it. The fan system they had to 'dry' it at the exit was just a hard wind for a few seconds. Did little or no good. The coach was clean but had several water trails as the roof water found it's way down. They did a pretty good job on the wheels and tires. On a 1 to 10 I could only give it a 7.
Old 08-15-2013, 08:51 AM   #19

I have used them several times when traveling. They do an excellent job for the money. It is not a detailing it is a good wash.
Old 08-15-2013, 09:00 AM   #20

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
doc - to get the 10, it takes 4 - 6 hours or more and 10 pounds of your elbow grease. I can live with a 7. Here in DFW area the mobile guy charges $35/ft x my 38 feet. It is a 10 and unfortunately worth every penny. Good news is other options are available for routine wash at reasonable price, even if it is a 7.
flaggship1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2013, 11:20 AM   #21

[QUOTE=flaggship1;1686807] Here in DFW area the mobile guy charges $35/ft x my 38 feet. It is a 10 and unfortunately worth every penny. [QUOTE]

Excuse me, you pay $1330 to get a wash & wax on your 38 Ft. motorhome?
Old 08-15-2013, 12:01 PM   #22

Newmar Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
[QUOTE=lllkrob;1686993][QUOTE=flaggship1;1686807] Here in DFW area the mobile guy charges $35/ft x my 38 feet. It is a 10 and unfortunately worth every penny.
Quote:

Excuse me, you pay $1330 to get a wash & wax on your 38 Ft. motorhome?
I was wondering the SAME THING...
Old 08-15-2013, 02:17 PM   #23

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Well I was born at night but not last night. Was interrupted by call - and going to edit to $350 turnkey on 38 feet so that will live on forever in the intertubes.

Even I would do it myself 35 x ft.
flaggship1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2014, 02:03 AM   #24

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finhawk View Post
Just don't let them use the pressure washer on double pane windows!!!!!!
My Monaco has double panes. Why do you say this? Does this mean I can't pressure wash my coach?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
tricotec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2014, 02:07 AM   #25

Monaco Owners Club
We had a really busy spell last year and our old fiberglass body coach got very dirty with that green stuff growing on it all over. We saw a sign for one of these truck washes advertising RV washes.

Best $40 I ever spent... the RV looked like new when it came out! I had washed it many times when it got dirty and it took two of us all day with hoses, scrub brushes and climbing all over it to get it even half that clean.

Never again.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
tricotec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2014, 02:29 AM   #26

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
We have used them a whole bunch of times. Usually after a long drive to a racetrack I try to find one close by so that when we pull in for a week of racing the coach looks clean and spiffy. They do our race trailer too. I believe the acid wash is for the aluminum tanks and such on trucks. It brightens the aluminum and I believe it is only applied to those areas. They have done an excellent job every time. We usually take the time afterwards to dry it ourselves before we pull out of their lot. I also explain to their team the areas I want avoided, slip the guys a twenty and let em have at it. Isn't the detail and wax I do but for the money you can't beat it.
Old 02-05-2014, 11:03 AM   #27

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
[QUOTE=tricotec;1914177]My Monaco has double panes. Why do you say this? Does this mean I can't pressure wash my coach?[

They hit the pass side window on My Voyage and a couple of days later there was fog inside of it. That was on a coach that was less than a year old. So do what you feel comfortable with. As for me, I don't so I won't.
Old 02-05-2014, 11:13 AM   #28
Just south of Twin Cities

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Just a few miles from us McDonalds has a truck stop right on I35. They have a pretty good truck wash there and I have used it several times. First they wet it down, then four or so employees brush it down, and then they use high pressure sprayers to rinse it off. They do a good job and for $50.00 plus a tip I don't feel like doing it myself anymore.

2015 Ford Explorer Blue Ox tow bar, AF1
Cooperhawk is offline   Reply With Quote