Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2
Old 10-10-2014, 11:05 PM   #1
Question Truck Washes?

Has anyone used a truck wash like Blue Beacon to was their coach?

OB-One is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-10-2014, 11:09 PM   #2
Had a horrible experience at a Blue Beacon in Texas last year.
Great guys working at Little Sisters in Barstow.
Think I will stick with the guys that come through the CG and offer their service, seem to be a few $ more but a way better job.

G Shaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2014, 11:12 PM   #3

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Have used BB a few times. Also another at the Lost Hills off I5 north of Bakersfield, CA. All positive experiences. Use them whenever I am going their way.
Vince and Susan
2011 Tiffin Phaeton 40QTH (Cummins ISC/Freightliner)
Flat towing a modified 2005 Jeep (Rubicon Wrangler)
Previously a 2002 Fleetwood Pace Arrow 37A and a 1995 Safari Trek 2830.
vsheetz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2014, 05:08 AM   #4
National RV Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
I used Blue Beacon once, then went home and rewashed the coach.. They left a film of dirt on it. Now i just do it myself.
2004 National See Breeze LX8375, Towing a 2012 Liberty
retired. Now What?
donhoward49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2014, 08:16 AM   #5
Senior Member/RVM #90

Monaco Owners Club
I don't trust the truck washes!
Joe & Annette

2002 Monaco Windsor 40PBT, 2013 Honda CRV AWD
MSHappyCampers is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2014, 08:26 AM   #6
Little Sister's in Thousand Palms, CA. Wash and dry motorhome and toad, great job, been using them 2-3 times a year since 2011. As far as trust, I watch them the whole time (sometimes), the crew is careful and thorough.
Full Timing since 2005
09 Journey 34Y, 2015 Grand Cherokee Toad
stik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2014, 08:32 AM   #7
Winnebago Owners Club
Coastal Campers
Used BB one time and it was just OK. Prefer doing it myself but some CGs frown upon it. After returning to the sticks and bricks house it's me.
Mark & Nancy
2004 Winnebago Vectra 40KD
Shep dog, R.I.P. Kenzie dog Toad 2015 Jeep Wrangler Willys Wheeler
HD4Mark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2014, 08:52 AM   #8
No Blue Beacon near us. I use a mom & pop truck wash near us, for $50. they do a great job. They have four guys working for them and there are most always several truck in line. I call to see how many in line and have them call me back when it's slow. Last time I had to wait about 30 minutes for them to finish up a semi. They use a non petroleum non citrus bio degradable solvent. Once I forgot and left a roof vent open, what a mess on the inside. Vents have covers over them, guess they could not see they were open. Took awhile to clean it all up and dry it out.
Joe & Bev
2014 Ram 2500 TCD, 68RFE, CC, SB, 4WD
Rockwood 8289WS, Hensley BD3 hitch
PhoneDude 8289 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2014, 09:07 AM   #9
We've used BB a few times, some people are very fussy. After a long pull in dirty weather, especially winter weather, we are glad to get most of the filth off the coach, not looking for a detailing job. For the $40 it cost to wash a 42 foot coach and a Suburban I had no complaints. They are also pretty fast.
2006 Patriot Thunder
distaff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2014, 10:33 AM   #10
Thanks for the replies! I'm much more concerned about possible damage to the coach than them doing an excellent cleaning job. Getting all the bugs and most of the road grime is what I'm after.
OB-One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2014, 10:48 AM   #11
Country Coach Owners Club
We've used Blue Beacon several times and they're OK. We like the Royal Truck Wash at Lost Hills, CA, just west of I-5 on CA-46. They also do lube jobs. I pulled out of the wash, circled around to the lube bay and asked then to lube the drive shaft u-joints. He did it for no-charge but I tipped him a few bucks.

Dave & Cathy, 2002 Country Coach Affinity, 42', #6103, CAT C12, 2003 Cherokee Overland
CoCoDave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2014, 08:27 PM   #12
Not looking for a detailed wash, but getting the coach reasonably clean, the BB and most other truck washes are fine. I've used them for years for my trucks, and at the end of each trip with the coach. If I plan to do a wax job, they give me a head start on getting the heavy stuff off first. As far as complaints that they've left streaks, yes they will if all the soap doesn't come off during the rinse, and unfortunately that's most of the time. I get around that by having the wet wax applied also. Expect to redo the glass by hand after the wash job. Would I recommend them? Yes, saves you time in most cases. Also you can get the engine washed with no extra charged.
Dan & Loretta, US Army Retired Aero Scout Pilot
2012 Fleetwood Providence 42P Class A/DP
Spartan Chassis, 8.9L Cummins 450HP
Dtwallace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2014, 10:03 AM   #13
Winnebago Owners Club
Pond Piggies Club
Appalachian Campers
Mid Atlantic Campers
I used Blue Beacon in Brunswick, GA.

They do a great job and price is right. They even do my car.

-Tom, W3TLN
Sarver, PA/Crystal River, FL/Shelocta, PA FMCA 335149 W3TLN
2005 Suncruiser 38R W24, no chassis mods needed 2013 Honda Accord EX-L 2008 Honda Odyssey EX-L

Tom N is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2014, 02:50 PM   #14

We recently used BB and they did a great job. The coach was dirty from many summer trips and several weeks on ocean front campgrounds. After we came out of the wash the coach returned to the pre travel shine from waxing it!

My only suggestion would be to let it drip dry for a while after is wash to allow any of water caught in the crevices to dry out. Maybe hVe lunch or dinner while waiting.

2009 Fleetwood Expedition 38F
2013 Scion XB toad

Sent from my iPhone using iRV2 - RV Forum

Good things come to those that wait.
jtermini30 is offline   Reply With Quote