Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-17-2014, 02:07 AM   #1

True Center vs Safe-T-Plus

I have a 2013 Allegro 32CA motorhome on a F53 chassis. I am looking at installing a steering stabilizer to help with the handling. I am having a hard time with deciding between the Blue-ox True Center and the Safe-T-Plus unit.

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-17-2014, 05:39 AM   #2

Monaco Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
You're talking "apples and oranges" as you'll note by the price of each. What are you trying to fix?

H. Miller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2014, 09:12 AM   #3
Senior Member/RVM #90

Monaco Owners Club
Check out the SteerSafe stabilizers. I installed them myself.

SteerSafe.com | Superior Steering Control

2002 Monaco Windsor 40PBT, 2013 Honda CRV AWD
MSHappyCampers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2014, 02:39 PM   #4

Yep, big difference between the tech of these two. If you want to pay the cost, and you're sure they've got one for the F53 - The True Center can make a difference when driving for a long time with severe cross winds and significant road crowns.

Best of luck on your decision,
Smitty
Old 02-18-2014, 12:11 AM   #5

Thank you for the inputs. I am looking to improve the fact that my motorhome likes to follow ruts or just wonders on straight roads. It is also very bad when there is any wind. It will not stay the course. I had the front end checked for alignment it the caster looked good at 6.5 degrees.
Old 02-18-2014, 12:27 AM   #6

Have you four corner weight adjusted tire PSI to tire mfg suggested settings? This can help, and is a first step.

If yes, then perhaps a call to Henderson Lineup to review would be a good step. If your chassis did notncome stock with a rear pan hard, that is another option.

I added front and rear Super Steer plus a heavier rear sway bar, plus eurothane bushings and Koni FSD shocks to our 18k lbs chassis T28 Bounder, on a 99 F53. And the Safey T Plus. All helped on handling. Last thing I added were Air Tabs, and they also helped quite a bit.

Good luck on your mod's,
Smitty
Old 02-18-2014, 12:43 AM   #7

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
SafeTPlus now has a life time warrantee . At a FMCA Rally, Hendersons gave a seminar on suspensions and steering. Also there is an accessory available for the SafeTPlus that works by push button to adjust steering due to wind, road arc just like the new top of the line Class A's.
Old 02-18-2014, 08:13 AM   #8

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
In days of old... Tru-Center has a neat little push button, You press it and the device has a valve that opens and lets you re-set the "Center" as someone up-thread said makes it nice in a cross wind or under some other conditions where you need to re-center.

The Safe-T-Steer did not have that feature, To re-center you needed a set of wrenches (Well at least one) and perhaps a hammer. And had to crawl under and adjust it.

Safe-T-Steer finally came out with an optional upgrade that adds a limited amount of cockpit based re-centering.. This was after I had my Blue Ox installed.. I'm very happy with my ox.
Old 02-18-2014, 02:09 PM   #9

Newmar Owners Club
Hi ecalvi,
Tru-Center all the way. I have the Howard system (no longer available). This system has the re-centering feature. Being able to re-center the steering system on the fly is, for me, priceless. I'll never have another steering system without the re-centering feature.

Nobody Knows Your Coach Like Somebody Who Owns One Just Like Yours
GaryKD is offline   Reply With Quote