Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Closed Thread
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-13-2019, 06:02 PM   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichnSue View Post
Love's Fort Pierce $2.65
I filled up at that Loves last night, the sign (retail) price was 3.04 cash / 3.09 credit and the lowest price in the area was like 2.80
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-13-2019, 08:38 PM   #30
Community Administrator

Pond Piggies Club
LA Gulf Coast Campers
Outdoors RV Owners Club
Entegra Owners Club
Skyline Owners Group
Exclamation

Thread Warning

Multiple posts have been deleted for violating our Community Rules.

Discuss only your experience with program, not whether activities are or are not in compliance with the program. Our forum are not the place for airing your disagreements.

Lori-
Old 12-14-2019, 08:42 AM   #31

Monaco Owners Club
Send a message via ICQ to Ivylog
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by geordi View Post
I filled up at that Loves last night, the sign (retail) price was 3.04 cash / 3.09 credit and the lowest price in the area was like 2.80
$2.80 is true “in that area” and my example was all of 17 miles away.
THANKS!!! for posting as I had forgotten there is a Sam’s Club 15 miles further south with diesel for $2.65 less my credit card discount of 13 cents = $2.52. TSD’s price in my bigger area is $2.65...13 cents more.

Like I said in my first post ”Doubt I’ll be signing up” as I do not like giving out my bank info nor do I need a truck stop to get fuel in my 45’ rig pulling a car.
Old 12-14-2019, 02:00 PM   #32

Ford Super Duty Owner
Just drove by SAMS and 2.97 and check the TDS app and Loves is 2.42 so 55 cents difference. Guess it could be hit or miss on pricing so I like having options. Our local Sams is easy to get into but the line up in both directions at the pump so could be hard getting out.
Old 12-14-2019, 03:53 PM   #33

Monaco Owners Club
Oklahoma Boomers Club
Retired Fire Service RVer's
Quote:
Originally Posted by NLOVNIT View Post
Thread Warning

Multiple posts have been deleted for violating our Community Rules.

Lori-
I would like to apologize to the Board and Moderators for being a participant in the conversation that produced this warning as posted above. I should have known better than to stoke a discussion that was quickly heading South, but i did and for that, I apologize.

But for those who missed what was said. let me re-cap the thread..... LOL...JUST KIDDING!! Merry Christmas to all. Jim
Old 12-15-2019, 07:58 AM   #34

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by CWSWine View Post
Just drove by SAMS and 2.97 and check the TDS app and Loves is 2.42 so 55 cents difference. Guess it could be hit or miss on pricing so I like having options. Our local Sams is easy to get into but the line up in both directions at the pump so could be hard getting out.
Strange as both Sam’s in KC are $2.38???
Old 12-15-2019, 09:02 AM   #35

Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivylog View Post
Strange as both Sam’s in KC are $2.38???

That is odd since Gas Buddy reports the cheapest in KC is 2.79 at BP and Pilot is the same price. KC is almost always 10 to 15 cents cheaper then central Kansas. Sams usually in the top 5 but I have never seen a 41 cent difference between the lowest price and Sams. Sams has gas being reported on Gas Buddy but not diesel.

Pilot is showing a 38 cent discount with TDS

PS Sams in KC just came up with 2.63 and Quick Trip 2.64. Pilot is still at 2.79 with TDS 38 cents puts it at 2.41. I still like options.

Here is a snap shot of Gas Buddy.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0139.jpg
Views:	48
Size:	149.3 KB
ID:	269512  
Old 12-15-2019, 10:41 AM   #36

Monaco Owners Club
When in an area with lots of stations it can be hard to find even what you know is there.

PS: This is a current screen shot Eastern time and $2.38 reported 27 minutes ago, not the $2.63 from 12 hours ago for the other Sam’s. Costco is $2.37.
Old 12-15-2019, 11:04 AM   #37

The quest for lowest cost diesel...

SOOOOOooooooo many of you posters don't know how much I envy you! You're debating diesel prices below $2.75/gallon when I'm over-the-moon when I find $3.20/gallon!!! PA is not kind on the wallet! Our wholesale clubs with fuel stations don't have diesel, at least not on this side of the State. The trucks stops are all higher than the smaller stations unless you're running in the truck lane (yes, those prices are usually less than the passenger lane diesel) and have whatever your flavor of discount card. In general, Sheetz seems to have the best pricing, but no rewards or discount program.

Moral to my lament, have to be armed with as many ways to save a few pennies a gallon as possible when you average 9mpg towing!

One poster mentioned concern over bank information. What we do is that we have an account at a bank with branches all of the US, but we do not use it for anything but fuel and travel expenses. It is not linked to any of our real accounts, which are held at our credit union. We just transfer funds to that account when we travel and maintain the $250 balance threshold for it to be free. Also, we use a Netspend Visa paying at the pump. We worked through a tough life-lesson a decade ago from an unscrupulous employee at a fuel station a mile from our home...
Old 12-15-2019, 11:11 AM   #38

Ford Super Duty Owner
I was talking Kansas Not Missouri where Diesel is cheaper. So Sams 2.38 and Loves In Missouri at 2.59 with .41 cent discount give you total price of 2.18. Like I keep saying I like options .

The prices I quoted was in Central KS and if going east you bet I going fuel in MO.

PS That Sams club is well off the beaten path in downtown KCMO off of I35 which cuts thought downtown and is always busy road. The Loves off I70 going east and west and just off the interstate.

Quote:
When in an area with lots of stations it can be hard to find even what you know is there.

PS: This is a current screen shot Eastern time and $2.38 reported 1 hour ago, not 12 hours for the other Sam’s.
Old 12-15-2019, 11:29 AM   #39

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by geotexZ71 View Post
SOOOOOooooooo many of you posters don't know how much I envy you! You're debating diesel prices below $2.75/gallon when I'm over-the-moon when I find $3.20/gallon!!! PA is not kind on the wallet! Our wholesale clubs with fuel stations don't have diesel.
One poster mentioned concern over bank information. What we do is that we have an account at a bank with branches all of the US, but we do not use it for anything but fuel and travel expenses. .No way is the DW going to keep up with another checking account! ..
This fuel tax map helps me to decide where I’ll look for fuel. Not going to be in PA or CA:
Old 12-15-2019, 12:29 PM   #40

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
I assumed closest Sam’s for Manhattan, Kansas was Kansas City, MO...per Google. Guess there must be a one closer to you. I’m glad I have 150 gallon tank giving me a 800 mile range. Actually put 160 gallons in it one time as the Centroid fuel gauges are junk.
Old 12-15-2019, 01:18 PM   #41

Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
I was talking Kansas Not Missouri where Diesel is cheaper. So Sams 2.38 and Loves In Missouri at 2.59 with .41 cent discount give you total price of 2.18. Like I keep saying I like options .

The prices I quoted was in Central KS and if going east you bet I going fuel in MO.

PS That Sams club is well off the beaten path in downtown KCMO off of I35 which cuts thought downtown and is always busy road. The Loves off I70 going east and west and just off the interstate.
Quote:
I assumed closest Sam’s for Manhattan, Kansas was Kansas City, MO...per Google. Guess there must be a one closer to you. I’m glad I have 150 gallon tank giving me a 800 mile range. Actually put 160 gallons in it one time as the Centroid fuel gauges are junk.

Nope, there one in Topeka KS(40) miles, Salina KS (50 Miles), a couple Wichita KS 90 miles and at least one in KC Kansas at 100 miles and one you post is 125 miles.

It was 2.97 Sams Topeka 2 days ago and 2.36 in KC MO and the tax difference is only less than 7 cents. There more at play.here than just tax in prices. The Sams in Kansas was is 2.63 and around 25 miles away it 2.36 still lot more than 7 cents. But that entirely different subject.
Old 12-15-2019, 04:19 PM   #42

How about the URL for that fuel map? Can't read the details on it as posted here and it would be nice to have available while on the road.

Quote:
This fuel tax map helps me to decide where I’ll look for fuel. Not going to be in PA or CA:
Closed Thread

Tags
fuel