RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login

Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-29-2016, 03:12 AM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by MSHappyCampers View Post
And of course remember to tag each one for the wheel it's programmed for!

New TST 507 has feature to allow switching sensor location via monitor, my 2 year old one does not have this. Wish it did.

From Tweety's website:

(TST 507RV 6 Sensor Tire Monitor System with Flow Thru Sensors)
  • The 507RV, sister system to the 510RV system comes complete with USER REPLACEABLE BATTERIES.
  • System includes 6 flow thrru sensors, extra sensors are available, up to 22 total.
  • This system continues to report PSI and tire temperature in real time, while continuing to offer the user the continued ability to custom program up to 6 differing PSI settings.
  • The 507RV system, as with the 510RV system, is accurate within 1.5 +/- PSI and our systems are accurate within +/- 1 degree Fahrenheit of the actual air temperature within your tires.
  • Two Year Manufacturers Warranty.
  • The 507RV system comes packaged with a nice dashboard mounting bracket AND a suction cup bracket for easy windshield mounting.
  • The monitor for the 507RV system has been redesigned to offer a more ergonomically friendly design, while continuing to offer the same streaming tire data that has driven TST to the top of the TPMS industry.
  • This system will monitor up to 22 different tires with axle specific PSI settings.
  • The new system was designed by RVers for Rvers with safety and ease of operation at the forefront of our design intent.
  • The new technology allows the user the ability to assign sensors to their perspective tire positions by literally touching a button.
  • You can disengage the trailer, tow vehicle, or fifth wheel and monitor the truck or RV only while the trailer is parked with a simple touch of a button!
  • With either the dashboard mounting bracket OR the suction cup bracket, you have a bounty of mounting options which afford the user a variety of mounting options and positions to fit in every cab or driver area without cluttering the dashboard.
  • The system can be hardwired, plugged into any cigarette lighter outlet, or it will run from 5-7 days on approximately 1.5 hours charge, freeing up your power outlets for other accessory items.
  • Ultra light sensor design eliminates the need for metal valve stems, as these sensors only weigh11grams on NON FLOW and 22 grams on FLOW THRU, yet they are still able to be fully immersed in water, and they monitor PSI from 1-195 PSI.
  • The sensors are powered by a CR1632 battery, and this battery can be purchased from us or at any Radio Shack, Batteries Plus, etc. These batteries are available anywhere and they will last for 12 months based upon full time use.
  • Without flow thru sensors. This system can also be used with the non flow thru sensors (sold separately to avoid removing them when airing up your tires. The sensors are interchangeable.
  • Screen Size is 1.5" by 2.5"

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-29-2016, 03:38 AM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldpa View Post
Iím thinking about a TST 507RV tire pressure monitor system but would like to know if I can read the screen before I pack up and hit the road.
This way if I need air I can do it at the camp site.

I know some systems donít turn on until 20 MPH or so.

Thanks,Greg

Copied from instruction manual on my 2 year old system(507 w/flow through):

If I am reading it correctly, the sensors transmit temp and pressure every 2 minutes. I think this is the routine reporting, if alarm parameters are met it signals immediately, not sure though.

Removing sensor or zero air pressure turns sensor off.

Scan0001.pdf

Old 02-23-2017, 05:26 PM   #17

Oldpa, yes, it starts cycling through the tires as soon as you power it on. Each tire starts reporting after a couple of minutes and that is the way we verify our pressure is good before heading out. I turn it on and then go about my business and when I come back, I watch as it cycles through all 6 truck tires, the two dolly tires and the two (on the ground) toad tires, reporting the pressure of each. I have had one incident while on the interstate where the dolly tire was punctured, the alarm went off and I was able to get to the shoulder and stop just as the bead broke. Worth the investment. Ours is TST 507 internal with 7 year batteries.