Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-28-2015, 10:21 PM   #29

LA Gulf Coast Campers
Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyMac View Post
Ditto. I trust my fish eye mirror more than the fish eye camera, but I'll admit to checking it, only cause it comes on automatically with the turn signal. But I'd rather have the rear camera to tell me when I'm clear of the overtaken traffic.
As to that, how do you have your rear view camera set? To see the tow bar, the back of the toad, other? Mine now is set that I can see the toad front to back. but just barely to the back.

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-29-2015, 06:36 AM   #30

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Location: DW Driver -Winter Englewood FL, Summer Willingboro NJ
Quote:
Originally Posted by joemusic321 View Post
As to that, how do you have your rear view camera set? To see the tow bar, the back of the toad, other? Mine now is set that I can see the toad front to back. but just barely to the back.
I have two cameras in the rear.. One looks down at the hitch point, the other to the rear to see what ever is being towed and oncoming traffic.
I am currently working on a camera in the engine compartment. It will allow me to see general conditions IE fan, belt or any strange conditions.

Old 12-29-2015, 07:17 AM   #31

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmw188 View Post
Thanks don't know why I couldn't bring anything up? I think I may have left out the word side. I'll keep looking around. Probably will need a separate monitor because the OE monitors probably won't accept additional cameras. Has anyone installed any?

iPad using iRV2 - RV Forum
I installed side cameras a few years ago. Look under your current backup camera and you should find extra coax leads that are used for the cameras. I have a constant display of both sides and the rear. The hardest part of the installation was starting the drill to cut a hole in the coach. There were several threads on this forum on the subject.

Voyager Rear & Side View Observation Cameras
Old 12-29-2015, 07:45 AM   #32

I have a similar setup to others.

1. GPS with it's integrated monitor.
2. 7" monitor (sideview cams on a video switcher) in the hole for the previously trashed Pioneer.
3. 7" wireless rearview (hardwired on with ign. switch) on top of dash.

Although the sideview is always on, I rarely use them.
Old 12-29-2015, 01:11 PM   #33

I have had issues with wireless cameras getting interference from other devices at times and snowing out. Don't have a lot of confidence in them.

2008 Holiday Rambler PDQ Ambassador 360 ISC
2015 Jeep Rubicon
Blue Ox tow Patriot brake
Old 12-29-2015, 02:51 PM   #34

Quote:
Originally Posted by joemusic321 View Post
I can see from the front of the toad past their rear. I can see when I'm clear of traffic to change lanes. My side mirrors give a better view than the side cameras do.
Old 12-29-2015, 02:57 PM   #35

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdinatl View Post
I have had issues with wireless cameras getting interference from other devices at times and snowing out. Don't have a lot of confidence in them.

2008 Holiday Rambler PDQ Ambassador 360 ISC
2015 Jeep Rubicon
Blue Ox tow Patriot brake
It certainly could happen ... or not. A bad coax in the roof could happen too ... or not. Mostly, I don't have confidence in any part of an RV.

Tags
camera