Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-03-2016, 10:31 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smitty77 View Post
You might consider adding a center speaker in front of your AC vent. But looking at your existing speakers, you might be just as well off abandoning them and putting a Soundbar behind the TV. Perhaps set it up with some brackets, that allow it to fold up a bit behind the TV while driving, and then swivel down when doing TV duty. Retain the sub in this combo.

These sardine cans are not great for either HiFi sound, and or Surround Sound. Too narrow of a Left/Right to really get good stereo sound separation. Soundstage can also be off kilter when slides are opened.

If you really want to optimize the sound as much as possible, in these less then ideal 'sound rooms' (Sound room = RV.), then look into AVR's that have some room sound correction capabilities. (We have two seating locations set up for our coach. Seating location one, is when my wife sits with in our Driving Room Slide, as we have two recliners we slightly slide out to watch the TV front overhead cab. The TV is on a pull out mount, and is pulled out and angled to directly face us in that sitting location. The second seating arrangement, is when I sit in my recliner on the Drivers Side, and the DW sits on the J-Lounge of the Passenger side. In this case we still pull out the TV, and swivel it until it is half way between the two of us angle wise. In both cases, I programmed the AVR for these different zones by placing the feedback sound microphone at appropriate height for when we're sitting, and at a location evenly split between us. I do have a third room correction set up, for just me, where I put the microphone just about where my head rests when kicking back in the recliner. (I've been known to crank it up when the DW is out and about shopping!)

As you did not mention your equipment, no way of knowing if it has the ability to auto program for room correction.

And for sure, what is a hobby for say me, where I want to optimize the sound as much as possible. May not be that important to you, and others. I know my DW, is happy if she has a transistor radio blasting mono sound that she can tap her foot too. Me? Well, I'd rather tap my heel onto the transistor radio!

Of course, I've been known to walk around our home and mumble 'Got tubes?'... So, probably not all that unbiased of an opinion!

Best of luck to you... Looking at your pictures, a sound bar might be your best bet...

$.02

Smitty
whats wrong with the speakers... there still on the ups truck

guess I take another shot at the question...what I'm asking is this,,,, if you take the surround sound and in hook all the speakers but the center.... then it will sound just like a reg tv....right?

so if I run the surround sound... and use the tv as the center speaker... should sound the same....right??.. next...the tv speaker runs off it's own amp.. and if I don't run the center on the surround.... will it change the load on the surround sound amp and do it any damage???

I don't think a sound bar would work as good as the set up I have , and the next option run it on stereo..more of a problem with rv's I've found is volume... if you run just the tv... you have to run it wide open to hear it in the kitchen..thats where a sound bar would kick in to and an amp and volume..... I think

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-03-2016, 10:36 PM   #16

here's the white speakers I ordered...I ordered 8 total...

2 New Pyle PLMRX67 6 5" 250W 2 Way Marine Boat Speakers Water Resistant White 068888884365 | eBay

Old 10-04-2016, 05:55 AM   #17

If you want true 5.1/7.1 surround sound, you should have a center speaker and it should be centered below the TV. You can buy long skinny center speakers and use them for the center. You should also be able to mount them directly below the TV using the cabinet that looks to be behind the TV (maybe need a bracket solution). If you put the center speaker off-center, you will have a distorted sound stage. You don't mention what type of amplifier you will be using for your system. In most home entertainment amplifiers with sound correction you can simulate a center speaker. Do a Google search on "phantom center" and you should get a workable solution.
Old 10-04-2016, 07:49 AM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellisda1 View Post
If you want true 5.1/7.1 surround sound, you should have a center speaker and it should be centered below the TV. You can buy long skinny center speakers and use them for the center. You should also be able to mount them directly below the TV using the cabinet that looks to be behind the TV (maybe need a bracket solution). If you put the center speaker off-center, you will have a distorted sound stage. You don't mention what type of amplifier you will be using for your system. In most home entertainment amplifiers with sound correction you can simulate a center speaker. Do a Google search on "phantom center" and you should get a workable solution.
what about just using the tv as the center... the sound is the same and the surround still works with out the center.... I have a LG surround sound dvd player...

what I think is the center speaker puts out the same as the tv center???

on the 5.1 the center is all the sounds...??? and the other are stereo in the front and effects in the rear..????

I don't want a sound bar...the tv is way low already..and no room at the top

thanks every one for the replys...
for me, a street rodder, hot rod and Harley builder...looks come first...then function
Old 10-04-2016, 10:47 PM   #19

well, speakers showed up this afternoon...got them in,... sounds good

Tags
audio